Darphin Exfoliating Foam Gel

Darphin Exfoliating Foam Gel

4.1

This cleanser is very good, it leaves my skin feeling fresh but not stripped of oils. The exfoliation is very very gentle, I don't think it does that much, but when used a few times a week it will provide light exfoliation. I tend to like Natura Bisse Glyco-Peeling Plus for heavy exfoliation but I don't use that more than 2-3 times a month. The scent is wonderful, I love it in the mornings to wake me up. Overall a nice gel cleanser with the added bonus of gentle exfoliation. I might try using this more often in the warmer months.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Lasts a long time
Mild exfoliating
Non-drying

Cons:
Expensive

Conclusion:
When Darphin makes a good product, they make a real winner. This is one of the only things in their line that I love. For an entire summer I used this everyday in the shower and it was perfect. It foamed up, buffed away my dead skin, and didn't leave me feeling dry. The price is ridiculous, so unless I can find this for cheap on eBay or at a duty-free I probably wouldn't rebuy.

Alternative:
MD Formulations Face + Body Scrub - I once recieved a deluxe sized tester of this, and it is much better than the Darphin. Its a finer grain and there is more of it. And because of the AHA content its more effective, but I don't think it could be used as frequently.

on 6/30/2008 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Exfoliating Foam Gel from Darphin is a gel cleanser with a gentle exfoliator. It helps with the removal of dead skin cells and other impurities.

The product should only be used once or twice a week unless you have extremely oily skin. I found the product left my skin feeling very clean and soft, but a bit tight. Radiance is restored to the skin as well.

It's a nice product but not something that I would recommend to use everyday.

on 4/4/2007 12:16:00 PM

With so many great exfoliating products on the market, what makes one stand out from the rest? Prime, all-natural botanical ingredients and a name synonymous with high-end, spa-quality products, to name a few. Darphin products are created in Paris of the highest quality ingredients and are highly regarded throughout the world for their ability to calm, protect and perfect the skin.

Squeeze a small amount of Darphin Exfoliating Foam Gel onto your palm and apply to damp skin. Inhale the fresh aroma of lemon, calendula and cucumber combined with jojoba beads for exfoliation. Gently massage the ocean blue-green gel in a circular motion into your skin for a refreshing exfoliation experience. Rinse with warm water and feel the soft-as-a-baby's-bottom skin, prepped and ready for other treatments.

Darphin products may come with a higher price tag, but if you use sparingly - only a few times a week with this product - the cost per use becomes worth it for the excellent results.

on 11/17/2007 9:26:00 PM

Love this scrub-cleanser. I use this every morning to cleanse. At night, i use my Revive Cleanser Exfoliante.

on 5/27/2008 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's a gentle cleanser/exfoliator. The great thing about it is that it's all natural and leaving skin very soft and revitalized. When i experience a dull moment i just use this and voila, it brightens up my skin. I use this once a week so the tube lasts a lot longer. I would prefer it in pumping bottle because the consistency can be a bit runny, and the lid (screw top) broke after weeks use.

This is an extremely gentle exfoliating cleanser for oily skin.

The abrasives used in the product are very tiny so I could use it everyday or every other day without irritation (my skin is not usually very sensitive.)

It rinses easily and left my skin feeling very soft and refreshed without over stripping.

Darphin is very similar to its sister product Decleor in that both are reliant on plant essences and aromatherapy.

The only thing I didn't care for with this exfoliant is the smell. I found it rather strong and to me it smelled like men's cologne. The scent rinsed away with the product but washing my face with such an aromatic product was a bit strange.

I found myself cutting it with a dab of Cetaphil to cut down on the scent.

Because of the smell, I would hesistate before buying this this product again.

this is my favorite exfoliator I've used so far..I bought it at a discount, so I think it's good value for the money. it exfoliates really well, but is gentle leaves your skin soft and protected, and smells nice and sea-like, but not overwhelming (I'm pretty sensitive to cosmetic fragrances)..overall a wonderful product:)
EDIT:sensitive peeps beware, I have discovered i am allergic to this:(

on 3/12/2004 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although their Purifying cleanser smells delicate and pretty, this one smells like men's cologne. However, other than the heavy fragrance, this really is a good product (although I'm not sure if it is worth paying $50 USD). This contains exfoliating beads that are so gentle- it feels like it melts into your skin. Also, my face always feels clean and refreshed when I use this. I have dry skin and although it is recommended that I use it only every 10 days or so, I feel it is okay to use everyday. However, I just can't get over the annoying scent.

on 8/10/2005 5:25:00 AM

Very gentle exfoliator with a tinny blue jojoba wax granules - I like its refreshing lemony smell, seems very natural scent. It brightens complexion leaving it very smooth. If you have oily skin you can use it every day as a face wash and if your skin is dry use it 1-2 times per week as exfoliator. I had a huge sample tube and I'm going to purchase the full size.
My favorite exfoliator is Kanebo Silk Peeling Powder but this is the second best. Between 4 and 5!

Popular Face Skincare Products