LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
LORAC Multi-Platinum

on 11/28/2010 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really nice quality eyeshadows and blush. My favorite is Heavy Metal (the third on the top row)
If only I could find it on its own...
I really love this palette, I wish it would last forever but it goes down too fast...

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Nothing makes me happier than a beautifully put-together palette! I like to chose a perfect one for each season, and this Winter belongs to LORAC Multi-Platinum!

Multi-platinum is advertised as a “modern, metallic, clutch-like palette that contains everything you need to go from real life to Red Carpet.” The palette is slightly smaller than a checkbook, packaged in cardboard and covered in a metallic silvery black etched to look like exotic skin. The LORAC brand logo is prominently displayed on a flat silver bar along the bottom. Other nice features are a strong magnetic closure and nice sized mirror under the lid.

When you lift the cover, prepare to be temporarily blinded from the bright silver interior! I imagine it’s supposed to give the same effect as the “pop” of flashing cameras or a starlette’s dressing room mirror surrounded by lights, but either way, the metallic in the description is clearly accurate.

I’ve saved the best for last. The six powder shadows and blush are buttery smooth, blend with the flick of a brush and last all day over a base. I found the pigmentation to be very good, especially with the four medium toned shadows. All are shimmery but very wearable. The lightest shadow is a cream shade and the darkest a great black flecked with silver that I wear as a liner. All the shadows are neutral or cool tones and provide the makings for the consummate smoky eye, either a daytime appropriate semi-smoky or full-on glamour smokes! The Couture blush is a neutral to warm pink, (not cool as noted on sephora.com) and is similar to NARS Orgasm or Milani Luminous. For me, these shades evoke falling snow, grey and black stormy skies shocked with silver lightning, a jolt of blue against a soft pinky peach backdrop. The perfect thing to perk your spirits on a cold blustery day!

Grab this while you can on sephora.com. $37.00.