LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.7

This palette is absolutely perfect. Not only is it a really good deal, 6 shadows and a blush for $37, but the colors are PERFECT. I had my first success at a smoky eye using this palette, and with the shades given, it was really easy. The bluish gray, gray, and black are perfect for a smokey look, when they blend together its MAGIC:) The texture is very silky and with putting on UDPP beforehand let it stay for as long as I needed, which happened to be about 6 hours. The night I wore it I was dancing all night and was super sweaty, and the e/s didnt come off! I even accidentally rubbed my eye, and nothing came off! I love love love it. And the blush is a clone to NARS orgasm. Per-fect. No complaints.

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.

I had a Sephora gift certificate and I was in a hurry - so I picked this up and thought "How bad could it be?"

I LOVE THIS.

I've never used anything LORAC and when I got home I saw that everything in this palette was shimmery and or sparkly so I wasn't sure how this would go...but every colour is beautiful.

My favourite is the blush "Couture" which reminds me of NARS "Orgasm". It stays all day and looks great with my fair skin without or without bronzer. Lovely peachy/pinky glow.

I also discovered in this palette that there is the perfect combo of "Smokey Eye" colours. White, grey, charcoal and black (all with different snazzier names of course) but it looks great. I even smudge a lighter version of this together for a day look. Smooth and easy to work with.
The bronze/gold colour I like to wear by itself on lazy days. It looks great.
I haven't figured out what to do with the dark marine green colour yet, but I'll post when I do. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Don't be afraid of the shimmer - it blends fabulous and isn't too too much on.

I will definatley be looking for more LORAC to purchase!