LORAC Multi-Platinum

LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love LORAC eyeshadow palettes and I grabbed this one at Sephora while I could.
I don't wear it often enough and now I'm inspired to pull it out of my stash to create a smokey eye look.
LORAC eyeshadows have great pigment and last all day. There may be fallout with the shimmer which is the one drawback. The blush is a beautiful peach colour.

For those days when I want to be more adventurous, I wear the teal eyeshadow. (it's a bit difficult for me to pull off but it's an option depending on the look I want)

on 2/1/2010 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

the quality of the eyeshadows in this pallette reminds me of my urban decay get baked pallette. really creamy, really smooth, really pigmented - it shows up vibrant on my nc45 warm skintone - but a bit easier to blend than UD. I won't describe the colors here because others have done so wonderfully.

Only one thing that surprise me, though, before I bought this pallette, the reviewers here mostly mention the peachy rosey blush color and it looked so in the pan. So imagine my surprise after one swipe (very very pigmented blush) I see a beautiful golden hue color shows up on my cheeks!I have to test it several times to make sure the color indeed shows golden (where's the peachy pinky?). I now use it as a highlighter or for countoring or put it on AFTER i put on my other peachy pinky blush on to give that 'golden shimmery' effect. again, I am fascinated by makeup and how it transform colors from one person to another :).

anyhow, despite the surprising factor of the blush (not a bad surprise though), I will definitely buy this pallette again

on 12/20/2009 5:29:00 AM

I am yet another huge fan of this product! I actually bought it back in 2008 when it first came out and I have used it almost everyday since then and have hit pan on almost everything in the palette!

First off, the range of colors in this palette is great, especially if you're looking for a palette to achieve a really great smokey eye look. Rockstar, Heavy Metal, Dreamy and Techno can achieve a nice gradation effect and Sapphire storm can be thrown in the mix to spice things up a bit if you're looking to deviate from the normal grey/taupe smokey eye. I love Serenity as a wash by itself with simple black liner and mascara as well! The eyeshadows for the most part are great quality and are smooth, highly pigmented and easy to blend. Although I have hit pan, I still have well over 50% of product left in each eyeshadow pan and as I said I've been using this almost everyday for now more than a year! My only tiny complaint is that Rockstar is kind of chalky and has a consistency totally different from the other shadows. I don't know if this is the nature of white shadows but it is quite different from the rest, so be warned. However, it can still work pretty well as a highlight if you use a base.

My favorite thing about the palette might be the blush. It's a perfect mix of pink and peach and has just the right amount of gold shimmer to it. It looks gorgeous and is smooth and long lasting. An HG for me even though it's only in this palette :/

Reference:
eyeshadow: Rockstar - off-white with shimmer and some chunky iridescent sparkle
eyeshadow: Serenity - antique peachy copper with gentle shimmer
eyeshadow: Heavy Metal - silvery taupe or medium pewter with shimmery metallic finish
eyeshadow: Sapphire Storm - metallic deep sea blue with strong green undertones
eyeshadow: Dreamy - shimmery dark silvery grey with a beautiful metallic finish
eyeshadow: Techno - soft black with chunky shimmer/sparkle
blush: Couture - peach with slight rosy undertone

on 1/13/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is my first lorac palette and i love it! makes me want to buy more lorac palettes. i've only tried 4 of the colors so far...haven't tried the blue and the peach yet..but the other colors i tried gives such a pretty smokey eye. very pigmented and great buttery smooth. and the blush is gorgeous...too bad they dont' sell a single..unless i don't know about it? because i would go and buy it. gives my skin a nice peachy pink glow. wakes up my skin..especially now in the winter when i'm so pale. love it..made me a lorac convert.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first Lorac purchase ever and I love it for the holidays. It's perfect anytime of the year. The shadows are smooth and work. They actually glide across my lid like butter. I did not go to Sephora to buy it, saw it and tested every single thing in it before buying. I'm very happy with the colors and the blush. They all blend like a dream. The pigment and texture are outstanding. I will be looking into the brand more. UPDATE: Lorac is now my favorite make-up brand. When I want luxury I don't go for Chanel or Dior, it's right to Lorac. She makes products that work! They always feel good on and wear like nothing else. I'm an MUA, and I wish I had tested the brand long before I did!

on 8/1/2008 8:26:00 PM

Gena, thanks for the pics. The colors look lovely.

BTW, a little trick to pick up those pesky glitters that fall on to your face: pick them up with a bit of sotch tape. No, really. I read it in a magazine and it works great. What I do is I take a short strip of tape, I touch the sticky part so it's not too harsh on my skin, and I "tape" it on top of the glitter. All gone! One little tidbit, though: I put my foundation on last thing of all. I do this because I have combo skin. By putting the fdt. on last thing, it looks, well, "just applied," and it lasts longer.

Just thought I'd share that with MUA readers. Hope it helps. :)