LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by hair type : Straight
LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.8

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this palette a while back and then someone stole it! I would never steal used makeup but anyway... I am looking for someone who is willing to swap this.

If Fox Searchlight was unable to afford a makeup artist to do Natalie Portman's makeup in Black Swan and she had to do it herself, I think she could've used this palette. For some reason I don't really notice makeup in movies but as I watched Black Swan, I noticed her everyday looks as being rather neutral, but also with grays and slightly muted metallics. I immediately thought of this Lorac palette near the beginning of the movie and noticed throughout that most of her eyeshadow could probably be recreated using a combination of colors on this lorac palette. This is of course, does include the parts where she gives her performance in the end. If you've seen this movie I hope you can agree!!

Anyway, the palette is terrific, but be careful because if you aren't , fallout can occur. If this annoys you, use a very small eyeshadow brush to apply (you may have to dip your brush in the pan a little more frequently) the shadow and then use your regular brush for blending. I BTW always recommend for stubborn shadows that love fallout, to use a smaller eyeshadow brush and apply the shadow in areas little by little until it covers the area you'd normally cover using a regular crease/lid brush.

on 9/12/2009 8:01:00 PM

Like many others here, this is my first Lorac palette and I love it. I was not a regular make up user before - just e/l, brow, mascara. Serenity made me buy it and I liked the lighter grey (sorry I don't know the names)! I am just starting to discover how to apply make up so I will definitely use the rest of this palette!

After purchasing this palette, I realized just how underrated this brand is. Now, I think MAC and NARS are *really* overrated. Not that their MU isn't good, but there's too much hype in those brand.

What I like about this palette:
The shadows in this palette are smooth pigmented and easy to blend. The color selection really allows you to take a simply day time look and transform it into a sultry nighttime look. The only color that's kind of chalky is the ivory one but I don't mind because it gives me a very natural highlight.

The blush is BEST IMO. It's much more smooth than my NARS blush and more pigmented ( but it's not dark, so it gives me a natural flush. Not the I just put on blush flush). The color is a warm peachy color not cool at all.

The packaging of the palette is really nice. It's sleek but have a little bit of glam touch to it.

Improvement:

Since it's so versatile I'd like to see a slot for a e/s brush or maybe a slot for a small liquid liner. So, I can just travel with ease with this palette and not have to worry about bring an e/s brush.

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.

on 9/19/2008 3:46:00 PM

LE 2008

eyeshadow: Rockstar - off-white with shimmer and some chunky iridescent sparkle

eyeshadow: Serenity - antique peachy copper with gentle shimmer

eyeshadow: Heavy Metal - silvery taupe or medium pewter with shimmery metallic finish

eyeshadow: Sapphire Storm - metallic deep sea blue with strong green undertones

eyeshadow: Dreamy - shimmery dark silvery grey with a beautiful metallic finish

eyeshadow: Techno - soft black with chunky shimmer/sparkle

blush: Couture - peach with slight rosy undertone

Product - The e/s all have a smooth texture and glide on smoothly and are reasonably well pigmented and long-wearing.

Rockstar is a nice off-white with gentle shimmer, great for the browbone, not too stark and not too boring, but I get some sparkly fallout also which requires a fan brush to whisk away; it's not as chalky as I expected from reading previous reviews and definitely not as chalky as BB Bone matte e/s.

Serenity looks peachy-brown in the pan and on me (AAB/NC25), with some gentle shimmer; I'm relieved it doesn't look muddy on me. I can't wear this shade alone (by itself it is too peachy for my preference) so I use it as a base and tone it down by layering with another shade.

Heavy Metal is a gorgeous shade, the color of grey stone with a gentle metallic finish.

Sapphire Storm is more of a deep teal than true sapphire blue; it's a lovely, rich, unique color that reminds be of iridescent blue-green beetle shells.

Dreamy is a great shimmery deep silvery grey without any blue in it; great as a liner and perfect for smoky eyes.

Techno looks sparkly in the pan, but I found it to apply quite smoothly and the chunky bits of shimmer fall out. Applied dry, it's a soft black, not as richly pigmented as most liner shadows, so it's great as is as a shadow and for smoky eyes. It can be made more dramatic when applied wet and used as a liner.

Couture - not sure why Sephora's website called this a cool pink - it is definitely a warm shade, mostly peachy with slight rosy undertone; lovely shade.

Comparisons - Couture is similar to NARS Torrid. Heavy Metal reminds me of Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Skinny Jeans, but in powder form. Dreamy is indistinguishable from BB Gunmetal shimmerwash e/s.

Packaging - Cardboard compact with magnetic closure, full size mirror under the lid, and metallic pewter-silver faux-reptilian exterior. Unique but not too bling-y for this old gal :) Closes flat and LORAC logo does not stick out enough to catch on other items. No brushes included. Six squares of e/s (0.05 oz each) and one rectangle of blush (0.12 oz). Overall size is much bigger than I expected - I was expecting something more like the LORAC Pro 9 or Eye Candy palettes, but these pans are way bigger. For reference, a single full size e/s is 0.06 oz and single full size blush is 0.15 oz, so this palette is a really good value at $37.

Overall - Love the colors in this palette, they're great against my AAB/NC25 coloring. More sparkle and shimmer in the e/s than I expected, but with a fan brush to whisk away any sparkly fallout, it's not a significant problem. continued >>