LORAC Multi-Platinum

LORAC Multi-Platinum

1 review

on 4/15/2009 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first LORAC product, and based on my experience with this palette, definitely not my last. I usually like to try out new brands with palettes, so that I get a good idea of what a variety of the products are like. I also like to pick up palettes to make packing for travel easier. I'd say that this palette more than meets my goal of getting a fabulous collection of LORAC product and having travel convenience in one compact package. This retails at Sephora for $37, and for that amount you get six very good-sized shadows and a decent-sized blush for a palette. The six eyeshadows are all very smooth and blend like a dream! They are possibly the best eyeshadows I've ever used. They are like what the best Stila shadows are like on a good day. (I find the quality of Stila shadows to be a little unreliable, I'm afraid). All of them have fabulous pigmentation, and work incredibly well together to get you from day to evening. Going with the name of the palette, you get two shades of gray, a black, a blue-grey, a shimmery medium champagne, and a snowey highlight shade. You can make a nice daytime smokey eye with the lighter colors, and then easily intensify with the darker ones, or add a little extra pop of color with the blue. For this reason, it's a great palette to throw into your travel kit when you're going away for the weekend or on vacation. Add a lipcolor, and you're good to go for both day and evening. All of the colors have quite a bit of shimmer, though, so I don't use them for the workday. Gray shadows don't necessarily work on me, but every shadow in this palette are nice accents for both my skin tone and dark brown eyes. The peach blush is very flattering on my NC25 skintone, and, like the shadows, is beautifully textured and pigmented. I highly recommend this palette!