LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by skin type : Combination
LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.9

on 10/16/2011 12:24:00 PM

This is hands down, one hundred percent, my favourite eyeshadow palette. If my makeup collection were on fire and I could only save one object, it would be this. I buy my LORAC these days from HauteLook or from the discount section of their website, since their prices are too steep for me given how much makeup I already have, but this I bought at full price, and would buy at full price again.

The weird thing is, I actually bought it originally because I was looking for a NARS Orgasm dupe. I spent a few hours in Sephora swatching every blush they had and running back and forth to compare, and the blush in this palette is *very* close. Not exactly the same, but given that I wear blush pretty sheer when I wear it, good enough. I wanted to get more bang for my buck, so I figured I'd buy the blush with the eyeshadows.

The great thing is that it's so versatile. With the shimmery peach and white I make a basic, clean eye, which, along with black liner and mascara, has just a hint of glam. (Without primer, this is downkey enough that I wear it to work.) The light grey is warm and brilliant for contouring, and is especially nice if you want to use it with matte neutrals from another palette. All of the light colours combine beautifully with the blue, dark grey, and sparkly black for a variety of dramatic evening looks. I am particularly fond of the dark grey, since it's got a little blue and generally more colour depth than your usual greys.

In fact, I never wore grey shadow before I got this palette (since it can look absolutely awful), but both of these have a richness of colour that keeps eyes from looking dead. Put simply -- this is a brilliant palette.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this palette a while back and then someone stole it! I would never steal used makeup but anyway... I am looking for someone who is willing to swap this.

If Fox Searchlight was unable to afford a makeup artist to do Natalie Portman's makeup in Black Swan and she had to do it herself, I think she could've used this palette. For some reason I don't really notice makeup in movies but as I watched Black Swan, I noticed her everyday looks as being rather neutral, but also with grays and slightly muted metallics. I immediately thought of this Lorac palette near the beginning of the movie and noticed throughout that most of her eyeshadow could probably be recreated using a combination of colors on this lorac palette. This is of course, does include the parts where she gives her performance in the end. If you've seen this movie I hope you can agree!!

Anyway, the palette is terrific, but be careful because if you aren't , fallout can occur. If this annoys you, use a very small eyeshadow brush to apply (you may have to dip your brush in the pan a little more frequently) the shadow and then use your regular brush for blending. I BTW always recommend for stubborn shadows that love fallout, to use a smaller eyeshadow brush and apply the shadow in areas little by little until it covers the area you'd normally cover using a regular crease/lid brush.

on 3/11/2010 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy Lorac palettes. This one is one that I have been reaching for often. The colors are beautiful and versitile, they also have good pigmentation and blend very well. This is a great palette for on the go and if you want to try some Lorac products. Serenity (peach-champage color with shimmer) is featured in most of their palettes and is a universially flattering color. Sapphire Storm is a beautiful teal color (very trendy). The silvers in the palette also show up true to form on my NW35ish skin. My only gripe is that all of the colors are shimmers or metallic, it would have been nice to get at least one matte color in the mix, but otherwise I love it and would definately recommend if you can still find it.

on 12/20/2009 5:29:00 AM

I am yet another huge fan of this product! I actually bought it back in 2008 when it first came out and I have used it almost everyday since then and have hit pan on almost everything in the palette!

First off, the range of colors in this palette is great, especially if you're looking for a palette to achieve a really great smokey eye look. Rockstar, Heavy Metal, Dreamy and Techno can achieve a nice gradation effect and Sapphire storm can be thrown in the mix to spice things up a bit if you're looking to deviate from the normal grey/taupe smokey eye. I love Serenity as a wash by itself with simple black liner and mascara as well! The eyeshadows for the most part are great quality and are smooth, highly pigmented and easy to blend. Although I have hit pan, I still have well over 50% of product left in each eyeshadow pan and as I said I've been using this almost everyday for now more than a year! My only tiny complaint is that Rockstar is kind of chalky and has a consistency totally different from the other shadows. I don't know if this is the nature of white shadows but it is quite different from the rest, so be warned. However, it can still work pretty well as a highlight if you use a base.

My favorite thing about the palette might be the blush. It's a perfect mix of pink and peach and has just the right amount of gold shimmer to it. It looks gorgeous and is smooth and long lasting. An HG for me even though it's only in this palette :/

Reference:
eyeshadow: Rockstar - off-white with shimmer and some chunky iridescent sparkle
eyeshadow: Serenity - antique peachy copper with gentle shimmer
eyeshadow: Heavy Metal - silvery taupe or medium pewter with shimmery metallic finish
eyeshadow: Sapphire Storm - metallic deep sea blue with strong green undertones
eyeshadow: Dreamy - shimmery dark silvery grey with a beautiful metallic finish
eyeshadow: Techno - soft black with chunky shimmer/sparkle
blush: Couture - peach with slight rosy undertone

on 9/12/2009 8:01:00 PM

Like many others here, this is my first Lorac palette and I love it. I was not a regular make up user before - just e/l, brow, mascara. Serenity made me buy it and I liked the lighter grey (sorry I don't know the names)! I am just starting to discover how to apply make up so I will definitely use the rest of this palette!

After purchasing this palette, I realized just how underrated this brand is. Now, I think MAC and NARS are *really* overrated. Not that their MU isn't good, but there's too much hype in those brand.

What I like about this palette:
The shadows in this palette are smooth pigmented and easy to blend. The color selection really allows you to take a simply day time look and transform it into a sultry nighttime look. The only color that's kind of chalky is the ivory one but I don't mind because it gives me a very natural highlight.

The blush is BEST IMO. It's much more smooth than my NARS blush and more pigmented ( but it's not dark, so it gives me a natural flush. Not the I just put on blush flush). The color is a warm peachy color not cool at all.

The packaging of the palette is really nice. It's sleek but have a little bit of glam touch to it.

Improvement:

Since it's so versatile I'd like to see a slot for a e/s brush or maybe a slot for a small liquid liner. So, I can just travel with ease with this palette and not have to worry about bring an e/s brush.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Nothing makes me happier than a beautifully put-together palette! I like to chose a perfect one for each season, and this Winter belongs to LORAC Multi-Platinum!

Multi-platinum is advertised as a “modern, metallic, clutch-like palette that contains everything you need to go from real life to Red Carpet.” The palette is slightly smaller than a checkbook, packaged in cardboard and covered in a metallic silvery black etched to look like exotic skin. The LORAC brand logo is prominently displayed on a flat silver bar along the bottom. Other nice features are a strong magnetic closure and nice sized mirror under the lid.

When you lift the cover, prepare to be temporarily blinded from the bright silver interior! I imagine it’s supposed to give the same effect as the “pop” of flashing cameras or a starlette’s dressing room mirror surrounded by lights, but either way, the metallic in the description is clearly accurate.

I’ve saved the best for last. The six powder shadows and blush are buttery smooth, blend with the flick of a brush and last all day over a base. I found the pigmentation to be very good, especially with the four medium toned shadows. All are shimmery but very wearable. The lightest shadow is a cream shade and the darkest a great black flecked with silver that I wear as a liner. All the shadows are neutral or cool tones and provide the makings for the consummate smoky eye, either a daytime appropriate semi-smoky or full-on glamour smokes! The Couture blush is a neutral to warm pink, (not cool as noted on sephora.com) and is similar to NARS Orgasm or Milani Luminous. For me, these shades evoke falling snow, grey and black stormy skies shocked with silver lightning, a jolt of blue against a soft pinky peach backdrop. The perfect thing to perk your spirits on a cold blustery day!

Grab this while you can on sephora.com. $37.00.

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.

I had a Sephora gift certificate and I was in a hurry - so I picked this up and thought "How bad could it be?"

I LOVE THIS.

I've never used anything LORAC and when I got home I saw that everything in this palette was shimmery and or sparkly so I wasn't sure how this would go...but every colour is beautiful.

My favourite is the blush "Couture" which reminds me of NARS "Orgasm". It stays all day and looks great with my fair skin without or without bronzer. Lovely peachy/pinky glow.

I also discovered in this palette that there is the perfect combo of "Smokey Eye" colours. White, grey, charcoal and black (all with different snazzier names of course) but it looks great. I even smudge a lighter version of this together for a day look. Smooth and easy to work with.
The bronze/gold colour I like to wear by itself on lazy days. It looks great.
I haven't figured out what to do with the dark marine green colour yet, but I'll post when I do. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Don't be afraid of the shimmer - it blends fabulous and isn't too too much on.

I will definatley be looking for more LORAC to purchase!

on 9/25/2008 11:22:00 PM

I love this palette. The colors are so pretty. And the blush is my favorite of this line. I love Lorac's eye shadows and blushes so much that I have quit using most of my other makeup and completely switched to this line for these items. I used to alway use Stila and Smashbox which are great but I think Lorac is the best. Just love the pigment and the blush has great staying power.