LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.9

on 2/1/2010 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

the quality of the eyeshadows in this pallette reminds me of my urban decay get baked pallette. really creamy, really smooth, really pigmented - it shows up vibrant on my nc45 warm skintone - but a bit easier to blend than UD. I won't describe the colors here because others have done so wonderfully.

Only one thing that surprise me, though, before I bought this pallette, the reviewers here mostly mention the peachy rosey blush color and it looked so in the pan. So imagine my surprise after one swipe (very very pigmented blush) I see a beautiful golden hue color shows up on my cheeks!I have to test it several times to make sure the color indeed shows golden (where's the peachy pinky?). I now use it as a highlighter or for countoring or put it on AFTER i put on my other peachy pinky blush on to give that 'golden shimmery' effect. again, I am fascinated by makeup and how it transform colors from one person to another :).

anyhow, despite the surprising factor of the blush (not a bad surprise though), I will definitely buy this pallette again

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this palette in spite of being disappointed in the Snakecharmer palette that most people love. I have croc and the other (Miss davenport?) palette and love those both so thought i'd give this a go. The colors are basically 3 light and 3 dark smokey shades, and while the darks are darker than i would typically wear, they work really well as liners. The blush is also very pretty, similar IMO to deep throat, but I believe it's the same blush that's in the davenport palette. Also, if you have other Lorac palettes the middle top row e/s is the same that's in a lot of other palettes including both croc and snakecharmer (serenity I think it is).

As a whole the palette is great of mu on the go. Same superior quality as other Lorac palettes. Packaging leaves something to be desired, unless your name is Lola, and you're a showgirl, but I can deal with that.

Hm, IDK if I love this Lorac palette like the Best Dressed palette but it is still a very nice palette.
Pros
1. The packaging is cute (gray & silver snake skin)
2. Most of the e/s are very soft & go on silky smooth. My favorites from the palette are Serenity, Heavy Metal (which looks a lot like the new MAC starflash Smoke & Diamond e/s), Sapphire Storm & Dreamy.
3. The blush is very pretty (peachy w/gold shimmer, I have no idea why they call this a "cool" blush)
4. The palette is a great deal. The e/s are 0.05oz ea (reg Lorac e/s pots are 0.06oz) so they're almost full size & the blush is 0.12oz (reg Lorac blush pots are 0.09oz) so it's actually more product than you'd get in a regular pot
Cons
1. Rockstar is chalky
2. The silver glitter in Techno is chunky, the fallout was pretty bad & it was impossible to get off.

Overall, it's a very good palette w/a wide range of colors, it's a great value & the pros far outweigh the cons so I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

[Continue for pics & swatches]

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love LORAC eyeshadow palettes and I grabbed this one at Sephora while I could.
I don't wear it often enough and now I'm inspired to pull it out of my stash to create a smokey eye look.
LORAC eyeshadows have great pigment and last all day. There may be fallout with the shimmer which is the one drawback. The blush is a beautiful peach colour.

For those days when I want to be more adventurous, I wear the teal eyeshadow. (it's a bit difficult for me to pull off but it's an option depending on the look I want)

on 4/13/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really spectacular palette. Lots of grays and blues, so if you don't wear cool eye makeup, stay away from this! Grays and blues are my favorite eye shadow colors, so this palette was a must have for me and I'm so glad I bought it. I can create many daytime and smoky looks. The whiteish color is just a beautiful highlighter. The warm "sienna"/peach color is a great contrast to all the cool tones, and the coral blush is universally flattering. I also adore the packaging. It is just so glam!

I love to do a look where I take the peach color and apply it to my lid, then take the dark gray and apply it to the outer V, then the light gray to the crease, white below my brow and inner corner, and then do the top lash line with the black glitter shadow and the bottom with the blue-ish/turqoise color. It's extremely dramatic and looks great with brown eyes.

I have a lot of e/s for creating smoky eyes, but this is the only one I actually like. Usually smoky looks make me look like I got punched, make my eyes look red even when they're not, or look so dark against my brown eyes I may as well wear sunglasses. You can apply this light for a daytime smoky look or with a heavy hand for a night time one. The difference between the two for me generally is just more eyeliner.

The quality of the shadows does not disappoint. They apply smooth and pigmented and blend out beautifully. The white is a little powdery, but there aren't many whites that aren't and this one is better than most. I think this a spectacularly well-done palette. I highly recommend it for any other cool shadow fans.

on 10/16/2011 12:24:00 PM

This is hands down, one hundred percent, my favourite eyeshadow palette. If my makeup collection were on fire and I could only save one object, it would be this. I buy my LORAC these days from HauteLook or from the discount section of their website, since their prices are too steep for me given how much makeup I already have, but this I bought at full price, and would buy at full price again.

The weird thing is, I actually bought it originally because I was looking for a NARS Orgasm dupe. I spent a few hours in Sephora swatching every blush they had and running back and forth to compare, and the blush in this palette is *very* close. Not exactly the same, but given that I wear blush pretty sheer when I wear it, good enough. I wanted to get more bang for my buck, so I figured I'd buy the blush with the eyeshadows.

The great thing is that it's so versatile. With the shimmery peach and white I make a basic, clean eye, which, along with black liner and mascara, has just a hint of glam. (Without primer, this is downkey enough that I wear it to work.) The light grey is warm and brilliant for contouring, and is especially nice if you want to use it with matte neutrals from another palette. All of the light colours combine beautifully with the blue, dark grey, and sparkly black for a variety of dramatic evening looks. I am particularly fond of the dark grey, since it's got a little blue and generally more colour depth than your usual greys.

In fact, I never wore grey shadow before I got this palette (since it can look absolutely awful), but both of these have a richness of colour that keeps eyes from looking dead. Put simply -- this is a brilliant palette.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this palette a while back and then someone stole it! I would never steal used makeup but anyway... I am looking for someone who is willing to swap this.

If Fox Searchlight was unable to afford a makeup artist to do Natalie Portman's makeup in Black Swan and she had to do it herself, I think she could've used this palette. For some reason I don't really notice makeup in movies but as I watched Black Swan, I noticed her everyday looks as being rather neutral, but also with grays and slightly muted metallics. I immediately thought of this Lorac palette near the beginning of the movie and noticed throughout that most of her eyeshadow could probably be recreated using a combination of colors on this lorac palette. This is of course, does include the parts where she gives her performance in the end. If you've seen this movie I hope you can agree!!

Anyway, the palette is terrific, but be careful because if you aren't , fallout can occur. If this annoys you, use a very small eyeshadow brush to apply (you may have to dip your brush in the pan a little more frequently) the shadow and then use your regular brush for blending. I BTW always recommend for stubborn shadows that love fallout, to use a smaller eyeshadow brush and apply the shadow in areas little by little until it covers the area you'd normally cover using a regular crease/lid brush.

on 11/28/2010 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really nice quality eyeshadows and blush. My favorite is Heavy Metal (the third on the top row)
If only I could find it on its own...
I really love this palette, I wish it would last forever but it goes down too fast...

on 3/11/2010 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy Lorac palettes. This one is one that I have been reaching for often. The colors are beautiful and versitile, they also have good pigmentation and blend very well. This is a great palette for on the go and if you want to try some Lorac products. Serenity (peach-champage color with shimmer) is featured in most of their palettes and is a universially flattering color. Sapphire Storm is a beautiful teal color (very trendy). The silvers in the palette also show up true to form on my NW35ish skin. My only gripe is that all of the colors are shimmers or metallic, it would have been nice to get at least one matte color in the mix, but otherwise I love it and would definately recommend if you can still find it.