LORAC Multi-Platinum

LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.9

Hm, IDK if I love this Lorac palette like the Best Dressed palette but it is still a very nice palette.
Pros
1. The packaging is cute (gray & silver snake skin)
2. Most of the e/s are very soft & go on silky smooth. My favorites from the palette are Serenity, Heavy Metal (which looks a lot like the new MAC starflash Smoke & Diamond e/s), Sapphire Storm & Dreamy.
3. The blush is very pretty (peachy w/gold shimmer, I have no idea why they call this a "cool" blush)
4. The palette is a great deal. The e/s are 0.05oz ea (reg Lorac e/s pots are 0.06oz) so they're almost full size & the blush is 0.12oz (reg Lorac blush pots are 0.09oz) so it's actually more product than you'd get in a regular pot
Cons
1. Rockstar is chalky
2. The silver glitter in Techno is chunky, the fallout was pretty bad & it was impossible to get off.

Overall, it's a very good palette w/a wide range of colors, it's a great value & the pros far outweigh the cons so I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

[Continue for pics & swatches]

continued >>

on 9/19/2008 3:46:00 PM

LE 2008

eyeshadow: Rockstar - off-white with shimmer and some chunky iridescent sparkle

eyeshadow: Serenity - antique peachy copper with gentle shimmer

eyeshadow: Heavy Metal - silvery taupe or medium pewter with shimmery metallic finish

eyeshadow: Sapphire Storm - metallic deep sea blue with strong green undertones

eyeshadow: Dreamy - shimmery dark silvery grey with a beautiful metallic finish

eyeshadow: Techno - soft black with chunky shimmer/sparkle

blush: Couture - peach with slight rosy undertone

Product - The e/s all have a smooth texture and glide on smoothly and are reasonably well pigmented and long-wearing.

Rockstar is a nice off-white with gentle shimmer, great for the browbone, not too stark and not too boring, but I get some sparkly fallout also which requires a fan brush to whisk away; it's not as chalky as I expected from reading previous reviews and definitely not as chalky as BB Bone matte e/s.

Serenity looks peachy-brown in the pan and on me (AAB/NC25), with some gentle shimmer; I'm relieved it doesn't look muddy on me. I can't wear this shade alone (by itself it is too peachy for my preference) so I use it as a base and tone it down by layering with another shade.

Heavy Metal is a gorgeous shade, the color of grey stone with a gentle metallic finish.

Sapphire Storm is more of a deep teal than true sapphire blue; it's a lovely, rich, unique color that reminds be of iridescent blue-green beetle shells.

Dreamy is a great shimmery deep silvery grey without any blue in it; great as a liner and perfect for smoky eyes.

Techno looks sparkly in the pan, but I found it to apply quite smoothly and the chunky bits of shimmer fall out. Applied dry, it's a soft black, not as richly pigmented as most liner shadows, so it's great as is as a shadow and for smoky eyes. It can be made more dramatic when applied wet and used as a liner.

Couture - not sure why Sephora's website called this a cool pink - it is definitely a warm shade, mostly peachy with slight rosy undertone; lovely shade.

Comparisons - Couture is similar to NARS Torrid. Heavy Metal reminds me of Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Skinny Jeans, but in powder form. Dreamy is indistinguishable from BB Gunmetal shimmerwash e/s.

Packaging - Cardboard compact with magnetic closure, full size mirror under the lid, and metallic pewter-silver faux-reptilian exterior. Unique but not too bling-y for this old gal :) Closes flat and LORAC logo does not stick out enough to catch on other items. No brushes included. Six squares of e/s (0.05 oz each) and one rectangle of blush (0.12 oz). Overall size is much bigger than I expected - I was expecting something more like the LORAC Pro 9 or Eye Candy palettes, but these pans are way bigger. For reference, a single full size e/s is 0.06 oz and single full size blush is 0.15 oz, so this palette is a really good value at $37.

Overall - Love the colors in this palette, they're great against my AAB/NC25 coloring. More sparkle and shimmer in the e/s than I expected, but with a fan brush to whisk away any sparkly fallout, it's not a significant problem. continued >>

This Lorac palette is BY FAR the most gorgeous makeup item I own. And that is saying a lot, because I own a crapload of makeup!!! I came across this at Sephora and the GORGEOUSSSSS silver-taupe croc packaging immediatley caught my eye. It is soooo glamourous and sexy! Now let's get to the colors. Rockstar is a gorgeous creamy white with small silver glitter and I can see myself using this with a lot of other e/s colors aside from the palette. Serenity is a light copper tan color and this is a great everyday color. Heavy metal is a beautiful silver taupe-shade like the packaging and is great for creating the 'smokey eye' look. Sapphire Storm is MY FAVORITE color in the palette. It is the most beautiful e/s color, ever! I have tried MAC and a good amount of most other makeup brands, and this just stands out. I wore it on my eyes today at work, and everytime I looked in the mirror (I'm a hairstylist), I couldn't stop thinking about how much I LOVE this paletee. Dreamy is a dark grey colour, which reminds me of MAC's Knight Divine e/s., but I like this better. It is easier to blend and would go great with the color "Heavy Metal." THe last e/s color is called "techno" and is a great basic sexy black with large silver glitter. I would love to combine this with the white shade, 'Rockstar.' I was pleasantly suprised by the blush as well. I haven't ever tried Lorac's blush, but this is great! The blush is called "Couture." It's a neutral pink color and looks GORGEOUS with all of these colors, esp. Sapphire Storm e/s. Lorac is soon becoming one of my all-time favorite brands thanks to this palette. If you're a girl like me who lieks to have all of her gorgeous eyeshadows in one place (in a palette), then you def. need to get this! I know $37 sounds like a lot of money, but I will be using this almost everyday, so I think it is definatley worth the $! The whole palette is so lovely, I'm going to buy a backup!!!!!

10000 stars! **********

Wow! I love this palette, it is extremely versatile on its own but also coordinates very well with the rest of my make-up collection. I was initially somewhat disappointed with "Rockstar" (white with with medium sized white glitter in a semi-matte base) and "Techno" (matte black with somewhat large silver glitter) but have to come to love & appreciate both, they blend superbly and can be layered on for intensity. I often find myself using these two shades with other eyeshadows to highlight, blend, or increase contrast. The other four shades are similar in texture and quality to Urban Decay eyeshadows with a similar sheen and pigment density so that they require only a thin layer. "Serenity" is a neutral beige, not too frosty or peachy. "Heavy Metal" is very similar to MAC "smoke & diamonds" but with a more shimmery finish, and also Stila's "diamond lil" without the greenish-taupe tinge. It is also less creamy in texture than either of these. "Sapphire Storm" is perhaps my favorite, a deep shimmery teal, less shimmery than the darker half of NARS cleo & less blue. "Sapphire Storm" enables you to create a dramatic and stunning evening look. "Dreamy" is the other unique, standout shade, gunmetal that leans more toward slate than charcoal. Less blue than MAC knight divine. The blush ("couture") is a standard light to medium peachy-pink with gold shimmers through out. If you are a fan of NARS orgasm blush, then it should work for you.

This palette is best for those starting a make-up collection or those in need of a travel kit. I bought this for the beautiful teal & gunmetal shades as well as the neutrals, since I found both to be lacking in my stash (I mostly had golds & coppers). If you already have a large collection then this palette might be superfluous.

For reference, I'm quite pale with warm, pinkish undertones and would classify myself as "neutral/warm".

on 10/16/2011 12:24:00 PM

This is hands down, one hundred percent, my favourite eyeshadow palette. If my makeup collection were on fire and I could only save one object, it would be this. I buy my LORAC these days from HauteLook or from the discount section of their website, since their prices are too steep for me given how much makeup I already have, but this I bought at full price, and would buy at full price again.

The weird thing is, I actually bought it originally because I was looking for a NARS Orgasm dupe. I spent a few hours in Sephora swatching every blush they had and running back and forth to compare, and the blush in this palette is *very* close. Not exactly the same, but given that I wear blush pretty sheer when I wear it, good enough. I wanted to get more bang for my buck, so I figured I'd buy the blush with the eyeshadows.

The great thing is that it's so versatile. With the shimmery peach and white I make a basic, clean eye, which, along with black liner and mascara, has just a hint of glam. (Without primer, this is downkey enough that I wear it to work.) The light grey is warm and brilliant for contouring, and is especially nice if you want to use it with matte neutrals from another palette. All of the light colours combine beautifully with the blue, dark grey, and sparkly black for a variety of dramatic evening looks. I am particularly fond of the dark grey, since it's got a little blue and generally more colour depth than your usual greys.

In fact, I never wore grey shadow before I got this palette (since it can look absolutely awful), but both of these have a richness of colour that keeps eyes from looking dead. Put simply -- this is a brilliant palette.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this palette a while back and then someone stole it! I would never steal used makeup but anyway... I am looking for someone who is willing to swap this.

If Fox Searchlight was unable to afford a makeup artist to do Natalie Portman's makeup in Black Swan and she had to do it herself, I think she could've used this palette. For some reason I don't really notice makeup in movies but as I watched Black Swan, I noticed her everyday looks as being rather neutral, but also with grays and slightly muted metallics. I immediately thought of this Lorac palette near the beginning of the movie and noticed throughout that most of her eyeshadow could probably be recreated using a combination of colors on this lorac palette. This is of course, does include the parts where she gives her performance in the end. If you've seen this movie I hope you can agree!!

Anyway, the palette is terrific, but be careful because if you aren't , fallout can occur. If this annoys you, use a very small eyeshadow brush to apply (you may have to dip your brush in the pan a little more frequently) the shadow and then use your regular brush for blending. I BTW always recommend for stubborn shadows that love fallout, to use a smaller eyeshadow brush and apply the shadow in areas little by little until it covers the area you'd normally cover using a regular crease/lid brush.

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.

on 4/13/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really spectacular palette. Lots of grays and blues, so if you don't wear cool eye makeup, stay away from this! Grays and blues are my favorite eye shadow colors, so this palette was a must have for me and I'm so glad I bought it. I can create many daytime and smoky looks. The whiteish color is just a beautiful highlighter. The warm "sienna"/peach color is a great contrast to all the cool tones, and the coral blush is universally flattering. I also adore the packaging. It is just so glam!

I love to do a look where I take the peach color and apply it to my lid, then take the dark gray and apply it to the outer V, then the light gray to the crease, white below my brow and inner corner, and then do the top lash line with the black glitter shadow and the bottom with the blue-ish/turqoise color. It's extremely dramatic and looks great with brown eyes.

I have a lot of e/s for creating smoky eyes, but this is the only one I actually like. Usually smoky looks make me look like I got punched, make my eyes look red even when they're not, or look so dark against my brown eyes I may as well wear sunglasses. You can apply this light for a daytime smoky look or with a heavy hand for a night time one. The difference between the two for me generally is just more eyeliner.

The quality of the shadows does not disappoint. They apply smooth and pigmented and blend out beautifully. The white is a little powdery, but there aren't many whites that aren't and this one is better than most. I think this a spectacularly well-done palette. I highly recommend it for any other cool shadow fans.

on 4/15/2009 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first LORAC product, and based on my experience with this palette, definitely not my last. I usually like to try out new brands with palettes, so that I get a good idea of what a variety of the products are like. I also like to pick up palettes to make packing for travel easier. I'd say that this palette more than meets my goal of getting a fabulous collection of LORAC product and having travel convenience in one compact package. This retails at Sephora for $37, and for that amount you get six very good-sized shadows and a decent-sized blush for a palette. The six eyeshadows are all very smooth and blend like a dream! They are possibly the best eyeshadows I've ever used. They are like what the best Stila shadows are like on a good day. (I find the quality of Stila shadows to be a little unreliable, I'm afraid). All of them have fabulous pigmentation, and work incredibly well together to get you from day to evening. Going with the name of the palette, you get two shades of gray, a black, a blue-grey, a shimmery medium champagne, and a snowey highlight shade. You can make a nice daytime smokey eye with the lighter colors, and then easily intensify with the darker ones, or add a little extra pop of color with the blue. For this reason, it's a great palette to throw into your travel kit when you're going away for the weekend or on vacation. Add a lipcolor, and you're good to go for both day and evening. All of the colors have quite a bit of shimmer, though, so I don't use them for the workday. Gray shadows don't necessarily work on me, but every shadow in this palette are nice accents for both my skin tone and dark brown eyes. The peach blush is very flattering on my NC25 skintone, and, like the shadows, is beautifully textured and pigmented. I highly recommend this palette!

I had a Sephora gift certificate and I was in a hurry - so I picked this up and thought "How bad could it be?"

I LOVE THIS.

I've never used anything LORAC and when I got home I saw that everything in this palette was shimmery and or sparkly so I wasn't sure how this would go...but every colour is beautiful.

My favourite is the blush "Couture" which reminds me of NARS "Orgasm". It stays all day and looks great with my fair skin without or without bronzer. Lovely peachy/pinky glow.

I also discovered in this palette that there is the perfect combo of "Smokey Eye" colours. White, grey, charcoal and black (all with different snazzier names of course) but it looks great. I even smudge a lighter version of this together for a day look. Smooth and easy to work with.
The bronze/gold colour I like to wear by itself on lazy days. It looks great.
I haven't figured out what to do with the dark marine green colour yet, but I'll post when I do. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Don't be afraid of the shimmer - it blends fabulous and isn't too too much on.

I will definatley be looking for more LORAC to purchase!