LORAC Multi-Platinum

LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.9

Hm, IDK if I love this Lorac palette like the Best Dressed palette but it is still a very nice palette.
Pros
1. The packaging is cute (gray & silver snake skin)
2. Most of the e/s are very soft & go on silky smooth. My favorites from the palette are Serenity, Heavy Metal (which looks a lot like the new MAC starflash Smoke & Diamond e/s), Sapphire Storm & Dreamy.
3. The blush is very pretty (peachy w/gold shimmer, I have no idea why they call this a "cool" blush)
4. The palette is a great deal. The e/s are 0.05oz ea (reg Lorac e/s pots are 0.06oz) so they're almost full size & the blush is 0.12oz (reg Lorac blush pots are 0.09oz) so it's actually more product than you'd get in a regular pot
Cons
1. Rockstar is chalky
2. The silver glitter in Techno is chunky, the fallout was pretty bad & it was impossible to get off.

Overall, it's a very good palette w/a wide range of colors, it's a great value & the pros far outweigh the cons so I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

[Continue for pics & swatches]

continued >>

on 8/1/2008 8:26:00 PM

Gena, thanks for the pics. The colors look lovely.

BTW, a little trick to pick up those pesky glitters that fall on to your face: pick them up with a bit of sotch tape. No, really. I read it in a magazine and it works great. What I do is I take a short strip of tape, I touch the sticky part so it's not too harsh on my skin, and I "tape" it on top of the glitter. All gone! One little tidbit, though: I put my foundation on last thing of all. I do this because I have combo skin. By putting the fdt. on last thing, it looks, well, "just applied," and it lasts longer.

Just thought I'd share that with MUA readers. Hope it helps. :)

Wow! I love this palette, it is extremely versatile on its own but also coordinates very well with the rest of my make-up collection. I was initially somewhat disappointed with "Rockstar" (white with with medium sized white glitter in a semi-matte base) and "Techno" (matte black with somewhat large silver glitter) but have to come to love & appreciate both, they blend superbly and can be layered on for intensity. I often find myself using these two shades with other eyeshadows to highlight, blend, or increase contrast. The other four shades are similar in texture and quality to Urban Decay eyeshadows with a similar sheen and pigment density so that they require only a thin layer. "Serenity" is a neutral beige, not too frosty or peachy. "Heavy Metal" is very similar to MAC "smoke & diamonds" but with a more shimmery finish, and also Stila's "diamond lil" without the greenish-taupe tinge. It is also less creamy in texture than either of these. "Sapphire Storm" is perhaps my favorite, a deep shimmery teal, less shimmery than the darker half of NARS cleo & less blue. "Sapphire Storm" enables you to create a dramatic and stunning evening look. "Dreamy" is the other unique, standout shade, gunmetal that leans more toward slate than charcoal. Less blue than MAC knight divine. The blush ("couture") is a standard light to medium peachy-pink with gold shimmers through out. If you are a fan of NARS orgasm blush, then it should work for you.

This palette is best for those starting a make-up collection or those in need of a travel kit. I bought this for the beautiful teal & gunmetal shades as well as the neutrals, since I found both to be lacking in my stash (I mostly had golds & coppers). If you already have a large collection then this palette might be superfluous.

For reference, I'm quite pale with warm, pinkish undertones and would classify myself as "neutral/warm".

This Lorac palette is BY FAR the most gorgeous makeup item I own. And that is saying a lot, because I own a crapload of makeup!!! I came across this at Sephora and the GORGEOUSSSSS silver-taupe croc packaging immediatley caught my eye. It is soooo glamourous and sexy! Now let's get to the colors. Rockstar is a gorgeous creamy white with small silver glitter and I can see myself using this with a lot of other e/s colors aside from the palette. Serenity is a light copper tan color and this is a great everyday color. Heavy metal is a beautiful silver taupe-shade like the packaging and is great for creating the 'smokey eye' look. Sapphire Storm is MY FAVORITE color in the palette. It is the most beautiful e/s color, ever! I have tried MAC and a good amount of most other makeup brands, and this just stands out. I wore it on my eyes today at work, and everytime I looked in the mirror (I'm a hairstylist), I couldn't stop thinking about how much I LOVE this paletee. Dreamy is a dark grey colour, which reminds me of MAC's Knight Divine e/s., but I like this better. It is easier to blend and would go great with the color "Heavy Metal." THe last e/s color is called "techno" and is a great basic sexy black with large silver glitter. I would love to combine this with the white shade, 'Rockstar.' I was pleasantly suprised by the blush as well. I haven't ever tried Lorac's blush, but this is great! The blush is called "Couture." It's a neutral pink color and looks GORGEOUS with all of these colors, esp. Sapphire Storm e/s. Lorac is soon becoming one of my all-time favorite brands thanks to this palette. If you're a girl like me who lieks to have all of her gorgeous eyeshadows in one place (in a palette), then you def. need to get this! I know $37 sounds like a lot of money, but I will be using this almost everyday, so I think it is definatley worth the $! The whole palette is so lovely, I'm going to buy a backup!!!!!

10000 stars! **********

on 9/19/2008 3:46:00 PM

LE 2008

eyeshadow: Rockstar - off-white with shimmer and some chunky iridescent sparkle

eyeshadow: Serenity - antique peachy copper with gentle shimmer

eyeshadow: Heavy Metal - silvery taupe or medium pewter with shimmery metallic finish

eyeshadow: Sapphire Storm - metallic deep sea blue with strong green undertones

eyeshadow: Dreamy - shimmery dark silvery grey with a beautiful metallic finish

eyeshadow: Techno - soft black with chunky shimmer/sparkle

blush: Couture - peach with slight rosy undertone

Product - The e/s all have a smooth texture and glide on smoothly and are reasonably well pigmented and long-wearing.

Rockstar is a nice off-white with gentle shimmer, great for the browbone, not too stark and not too boring, but I get some sparkly fallout also which requires a fan brush to whisk away; it's not as chalky as I expected from reading previous reviews and definitely not as chalky as BB Bone matte e/s.

Serenity looks peachy-brown in the pan and on me (AAB/NC25), with some gentle shimmer; I'm relieved it doesn't look muddy on me. I can't wear this shade alone (by itself it is too peachy for my preference) so I use it as a base and tone it down by layering with another shade.

Heavy Metal is a gorgeous shade, the color of grey stone with a gentle metallic finish.

Sapphire Storm is more of a deep teal than true sapphire blue; it's a lovely, rich, unique color that reminds be of iridescent blue-green beetle shells.

Dreamy is a great shimmery deep silvery grey without any blue in it; great as a liner and perfect for smoky eyes.

Techno looks sparkly in the pan, but I found it to apply quite smoothly and the chunky bits of shimmer fall out. Applied dry, it's a soft black, not as richly pigmented as most liner shadows, so it's great as is as a shadow and for smoky eyes. It can be made more dramatic when applied wet and used as a liner.

Couture - not sure why Sephora's website called this a cool pink - it is definitely a warm shade, mostly peachy with slight rosy undertone; lovely shade.

Comparisons - Couture is similar to NARS Torrid. Heavy Metal reminds me of Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Skinny Jeans, but in powder form. Dreamy is indistinguishable from BB Gunmetal shimmerwash e/s.

Packaging - Cardboard compact with magnetic closure, full size mirror under the lid, and metallic pewter-silver faux-reptilian exterior. Unique but not too bling-y for this old gal :) Closes flat and LORAC logo does not stick out enough to catch on other items. No brushes included. Six squares of e/s (0.05 oz each) and one rectangle of blush (0.12 oz). Overall size is much bigger than I expected - I was expecting something more like the LORAC Pro 9 or Eye Candy palettes, but these pans are way bigger. For reference, a single full size e/s is 0.06 oz and single full size blush is 0.15 oz, so this palette is a really good value at $37.

Overall - Love the colors in this palette, they're great against my AAB/NC25 coloring. More sparkle and shimmer in the e/s than I expected, but with a fan brush to whisk away any sparkly fallout, it's not a significant problem. continued >>

on 9/25/2008 11:22:00 PM

I love this palette. The colors are so pretty. And the blush is my favorite of this line. I love Lorac's eye shadows and blushes so much that I have quit using most of my other makeup and completely switched to this line for these items. I used to alway use Stila and Smashbox which are great but I think Lorac is the best. Just love the pigment and the blush has great staying power.

I had a Sephora gift certificate and I was in a hurry - so I picked this up and thought "How bad could it be?"

I LOVE THIS.

I've never used anything LORAC and when I got home I saw that everything in this palette was shimmery and or sparkly so I wasn't sure how this would go...but every colour is beautiful.

My favourite is the blush "Couture" which reminds me of NARS "Orgasm". It stays all day and looks great with my fair skin without or without bronzer. Lovely peachy/pinky glow.

I also discovered in this palette that there is the perfect combo of "Smokey Eye" colours. White, grey, charcoal and black (all with different snazzier names of course) but it looks great. I even smudge a lighter version of this together for a day look. Smooth and easy to work with.
The bronze/gold colour I like to wear by itself on lazy days. It looks great.
I haven't figured out what to do with the dark marine green colour yet, but I'll post when I do. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Don't be afraid of the shimmer - it blends fabulous and isn't too too much on.

I will definatley be looking for more LORAC to purchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this palette in spite of being disappointed in the Snakecharmer palette that most people love. I have croc and the other (Miss davenport?) palette and love those both so thought i'd give this a go. The colors are basically 3 light and 3 dark smokey shades, and while the darks are darker than i would typically wear, they work really well as liners. The blush is also very pretty, similar IMO to deep throat, but I believe it's the same blush that's in the davenport palette. Also, if you have other Lorac palettes the middle top row e/s is the same that's in a lot of other palettes including both croc and snakecharmer (serenity I think it is).

As a whole the palette is great of mu on the go. Same superior quality as other Lorac palettes. Packaging leaves something to be desired, unless your name is Lola, and you're a showgirl, but I can deal with that.

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.

This palette is absolutely perfect. Not only is it a really good deal, 6 shadows and a blush for $37, but the colors are PERFECT. I had my first success at a smoky eye using this palette, and with the shades given, it was really easy. The bluish gray, gray, and black are perfect for a smokey look, when they blend together its MAGIC:) The texture is very silky and with putting on UDPP beforehand let it stay for as long as I needed, which happened to be about 6 hours. The night I wore it I was dancing all night and was super sweaty, and the e/s didnt come off! I even accidentally rubbed my eye, and nothing came off! I love love love it. And the blush is a clone to NARS orgasm. Per-fect. No complaints.