LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by age: 44-55
LORAC Multi-Platinum

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love LORAC eyeshadow palettes and I grabbed this one at Sephora while I could.
I don't wear it often enough and now I'm inspired to pull it out of my stash to create a smokey eye look.
LORAC eyeshadows have great pigment and last all day. There may be fallout with the shimmer which is the one drawback. The blush is a beautiful peach colour.

For those days when I want to be more adventurous, I wear the teal eyeshadow. (it's a bit difficult for me to pull off but it's an option depending on the look I want)

on 2/21/2009 12:41:00 AM

Initially, I bought this palette for the eyeshadows Serenity and Heavy Metal. Using the former as a wash and the latter on the outside half of my eyes sold me; Heavy Metal is not available separately and even though I didn't think I'd use the other shadows, I realized that the cost of buying each independently was close enough to the price of the palette to justify its purchase.
Heavy Metal is the most becoming shadow I have. I am very selective about shadow and only wear grays and russets as accent colors. In the pan, Heavy Metal is a shimmery dove gray. On, it seems to have a slight light olive hue and a nearly wet sheen, like a cream shadow.

I didn't think I'd use the highlighter shadow, because I never highlight the brow. However, this shadow is very sheer and not too frosty and I have used it with success.

The Couture blush didn't interest me at first. I own a number of Nars blushes, but when I tried Couture I was hooked. As noted below, it is similar to several Nars colors, without the heavy glitter or the problematic chalky build-up of Orgasm.

I do not use the black shadow because I never wear black liner. The deep teal shadow is a wonderful, Ondine-like color, but not neutral enough for me.

LORAC palettes are an overall great value. My only gripe is that the colors are often not sold on their own.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Nothing makes me happier than a beautifully put-together palette! I like to chose a perfect one for each season, and this Winter belongs to LORAC Multi-Platinum!

Multi-platinum is advertised as a “modern, metallic, clutch-like palette that contains everything you need to go from real life to Red Carpet.” The palette is slightly smaller than a checkbook, packaged in cardboard and covered in a metallic silvery black etched to look like exotic skin. The LORAC brand logo is prominently displayed on a flat silver bar along the bottom. Other nice features are a strong magnetic closure and nice sized mirror under the lid.

When you lift the cover, prepare to be temporarily blinded from the bright silver interior! I imagine it’s supposed to give the same effect as the “pop” of flashing cameras or a starlette’s dressing room mirror surrounded by lights, but either way, the metallic in the description is clearly accurate.

I’ve saved the best for last. The six powder shadows and blush are buttery smooth, blend with the flick of a brush and last all day over a base. I found the pigmentation to be very good, especially with the four medium toned shadows. All are shimmery but very wearable. The lightest shadow is a cream shade and the darkest a great black flecked with silver that I wear as a liner. All the shadows are neutral or cool tones and provide the makings for the consummate smoky eye, either a daytime appropriate semi-smoky or full-on glamour smokes! The Couture blush is a neutral to warm pink, (not cool as noted on sephora.com) and is similar to NARS Orgasm or Milani Luminous. For me, these shades evoke falling snow, grey and black stormy skies shocked with silver lightning, a jolt of blue against a soft pinky peach backdrop. The perfect thing to perk your spirits on a cold blustery day!

Grab this while you can on sephora.com. $37.00.

on 8/1/2008 8:26:00 PM

Gena, thanks for the pics. The colors look lovely.

BTW, a little trick to pick up those pesky glitters that fall on to your face: pick them up with a bit of sotch tape. No, really. I read it in a magazine and it works great. What I do is I take a short strip of tape, I touch the sticky part so it's not too harsh on my skin, and I "tape" it on top of the glitter. All gone! One little tidbit, though: I put my foundation on last thing of all. I do this because I have combo skin. By putting the fdt. on last thing, it looks, well, "just applied," and it lasts longer.

Just thought I'd share that with MUA readers. Hope it helps. :)