LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by age: 30-35
LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.5

on 10/16/2011 12:24:00 PM

This is hands down, one hundred percent, my favourite eyeshadow palette. If my makeup collection were on fire and I could only save one object, it would be this. I buy my LORAC these days from HauteLook or from the discount section of their website, since their prices are too steep for me given how much makeup I already have, but this I bought at full price, and would buy at full price again.

The weird thing is, I actually bought it originally because I was looking for a NARS Orgasm dupe. I spent a few hours in Sephora swatching every blush they had and running back and forth to compare, and the blush in this palette is *very* close. Not exactly the same, but given that I wear blush pretty sheer when I wear it, good enough. I wanted to get more bang for my buck, so I figured I'd buy the blush with the eyeshadows.

The great thing is that it's so versatile. With the shimmery peach and white I make a basic, clean eye, which, along with black liner and mascara, has just a hint of glam. (Without primer, this is downkey enough that I wear it to work.) The light grey is warm and brilliant for contouring, and is especially nice if you want to use it with matte neutrals from another palette. All of the light colours combine beautifully with the blue, dark grey, and sparkly black for a variety of dramatic evening looks. I am particularly fond of the dark grey, since it's got a little blue and generally more colour depth than your usual greys.

In fact, I never wore grey shadow before I got this palette (since it can look absolutely awful), but both of these have a richness of colour that keeps eyes from looking dead. Put simply -- this is a brilliant palette.

on 2/1/2010 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

the quality of the eyeshadows in this pallette reminds me of my urban decay get baked pallette. really creamy, really smooth, really pigmented - it shows up vibrant on my nc45 warm skintone - but a bit easier to blend than UD. I won't describe the colors here because others have done so wonderfully.

Only one thing that surprise me, though, before I bought this pallette, the reviewers here mostly mention the peachy rosey blush color and it looked so in the pan. So imagine my surprise after one swipe (very very pigmented blush) I see a beautiful golden hue color shows up on my cheeks!I have to test it several times to make sure the color indeed shows golden (where's the peachy pinky?). I now use it as a highlighter or for countoring or put it on AFTER i put on my other peachy pinky blush on to give that 'golden shimmery' effect. again, I am fascinated by makeup and how it transform colors from one person to another :).

anyhow, despite the surprising factor of the blush (not a bad surprise though), I will definitely buy this pallette again

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I couldn't sum it up any better than the previous reviewers, if you can still get this, Pick it up! Very versatile colors from neutral to dramatic with a beautiful blush that reminds me of NARS orgasm. I like to use sapphire storm as a liner and rec. endless compliments when I do. Serenity is effortless and easily makes me look put together as an all over wash with some mascara.

on 10/12/2008 9:58:00 AM

After being so disappointed with how the shadows in the Croc palette looked on me, I decided to try more LORAC shadows in cooler colors, and the Multi-Platinum palette seemed like a good one to get. You basically get 6 shadows and a blush for $37, which seems like a bargain to me (usually LORAC shadows are nearly $20 ea).

These are much better colors for me (I'm a NW20/blue eyes/blonde hair for reference) than the Croc palette. The colors are more neutral/cool (others have described them nicely below, so I won't get into details there) and great for a quick smokey eye. I do love the Sapphire Storm shade--it's a lovely metallic smokey teal shade that adds a little something extra to a smokey eye. The blush is pretty too, although I agree that it's more of a peachy pink than "a cool pink," as described on Sephora's web site.

The shadows in this one, like the Croc palette, are soft and silky and blend beautifully. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the glitter/shimmer fallout. The glitter ends up under my eyes inevitably. I can't wear this to work without feeling like I look like Diana Ross in an accountant's office, so I had to subtract a lippie for the fallout.

Overall, though, this is a good palette for creating fun weekend looks and again leaves me wanting more LORAC shadows.