LORAC Multi-Platinum

Filtered by age: 25-29
LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.8

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this palette a while back and then someone stole it! I would never steal used makeup but anyway... I am looking for someone who is willing to swap this.

If Fox Searchlight was unable to afford a makeup artist to do Natalie Portman's makeup in Black Swan and she had to do it herself, I think she could've used this palette. For some reason I don't really notice makeup in movies but as I watched Black Swan, I noticed her everyday looks as being rather neutral, but also with grays and slightly muted metallics. I immediately thought of this Lorac palette near the beginning of the movie and noticed throughout that most of her eyeshadow could probably be recreated using a combination of colors on this lorac palette. This is of course, does include the parts where she gives her performance in the end. If you've seen this movie I hope you can agree!!

Anyway, the palette is terrific, but be careful because if you aren't , fallout can occur. If this annoys you, use a very small eyeshadow brush to apply (you may have to dip your brush in the pan a little more frequently) the shadow and then use your regular brush for blending. I BTW always recommend for stubborn shadows that love fallout, to use a smaller eyeshadow brush and apply the shadow in areas little by little until it covers the area you'd normally cover using a regular crease/lid brush.

on 3/11/2010 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy Lorac palettes. This one is one that I have been reaching for often. The colors are beautiful and versitile, they also have good pigmentation and blend very well. This is a great palette for on the go and if you want to try some Lorac products. Serenity (peach-champage color with shimmer) is featured in most of their palettes and is a universially flattering color. Sapphire Storm is a beautiful teal color (very trendy). The silvers in the palette also show up true to form on my NW35ish skin. My only gripe is that all of the colors are shimmers or metallic, it would have been nice to get at least one matte color in the mix, but otherwise I love it and would definately recommend if you can still find it.

on 12/20/2009 5:29:00 AM

I am yet another huge fan of this product! I actually bought it back in 2008 when it first came out and I have used it almost everyday since then and have hit pan on almost everything in the palette!

First off, the range of colors in this palette is great, especially if you're looking for a palette to achieve a really great smokey eye look. Rockstar, Heavy Metal, Dreamy and Techno can achieve a nice gradation effect and Sapphire storm can be thrown in the mix to spice things up a bit if you're looking to deviate from the normal grey/taupe smokey eye. I love Serenity as a wash by itself with simple black liner and mascara as well! The eyeshadows for the most part are great quality and are smooth, highly pigmented and easy to blend. Although I have hit pan, I still have well over 50% of product left in each eyeshadow pan and as I said I've been using this almost everyday for now more than a year! My only tiny complaint is that Rockstar is kind of chalky and has a consistency totally different from the other shadows. I don't know if this is the nature of white shadows but it is quite different from the rest, so be warned. However, it can still work pretty well as a highlight if you use a base.

My favorite thing about the palette might be the blush. It's a perfect mix of pink and peach and has just the right amount of gold shimmer to it. It looks gorgeous and is smooth and long lasting. An HG for me even though it's only in this palette :/

Reference:
eyeshadow: Rockstar - off-white with shimmer and some chunky iridescent sparkle
eyeshadow: Serenity - antique peachy copper with gentle shimmer
eyeshadow: Heavy Metal - silvery taupe or medium pewter with shimmery metallic finish
eyeshadow: Sapphire Storm - metallic deep sea blue with strong green undertones
eyeshadow: Dreamy - shimmery dark silvery grey with a beautiful metallic finish
eyeshadow: Techno - soft black with chunky shimmer/sparkle
blush: Couture - peach with slight rosy undertone

on 1/13/2009 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is my first lorac palette and i love it! makes me want to buy more lorac palettes. i've only tried 4 of the colors so far...haven't tried the blue and the peach yet..but the other colors i tried gives such a pretty smokey eye. very pigmented and great buttery smooth. and the blush is gorgeous...too bad they dont' sell a single..unless i don't know about it? because i would go and buy it. gives my skin a nice peachy pink glow. wakes up my skin..especially now in the winter when i'm so pale. love it..made me a lorac convert.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first Lorac purchase ever and I love it for the holidays. It's perfect anytime of the year. The shadows are smooth and work. They actually glide across my lid like butter. I did not go to Sephora to buy it, saw it and tested every single thing in it before buying. I'm very happy with the colors and the blush. They all blend like a dream. The pigment and texture are outstanding. I will be looking into the brand more. UPDATE: Lorac is now my favorite make-up brand. When I want luxury I don't go for Chanel or Dior, it's right to Lorac. She makes products that work! They always feel good on and wear like nothing else. I'm an MUA, and I wish I had tested the brand long before I did!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this palette in spite of being disappointed in the Snakecharmer palette that most people love. I have croc and the other (Miss davenport?) palette and love those both so thought i'd give this a go. The colors are basically 3 light and 3 dark smokey shades, and while the darks are darker than i would typically wear, they work really well as liners. The blush is also very pretty, similar IMO to deep throat, but I believe it's the same blush that's in the davenport palette. Also, if you have other Lorac palettes the middle top row e/s is the same that's in a lot of other palettes including both croc and snakecharmer (serenity I think it is).

As a whole the palette is great of mu on the go. Same superior quality as other Lorac palettes. Packaging leaves something to be desired, unless your name is Lola, and you're a showgirl, but I can deal with that.