LORAC Multi-Platinum

4.8

on 4/13/2012 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really spectacular palette. Lots of grays and blues, so if you don't wear cool eye makeup, stay away from this! Grays and blues are my favorite eye shadow colors, so this palette was a must have for me and I'm so glad I bought it. I can create many daytime and smoky looks. The whiteish color is just a beautiful highlighter. The warm "sienna"/peach color is a great contrast to all the cool tones, and the coral blush is universally flattering. I also adore the packaging. It is just so glam!

I love to do a look where I take the peach color and apply it to my lid, then take the dark gray and apply it to the outer V, then the light gray to the crease, white below my brow and inner corner, and then do the top lash line with the black glitter shadow and the bottom with the blue-ish/turqoise color. It's extremely dramatic and looks great with brown eyes.

I have a lot of e/s for creating smoky eyes, but this is the only one I actually like. Usually smoky looks make me look like I got punched, make my eyes look red even when they're not, or look so dark against my brown eyes I may as well wear sunglasses. You can apply this light for a daytime smoky look or with a heavy hand for a night time one. The difference between the two for me generally is just more eyeliner.

The quality of the shadows does not disappoint. They apply smooth and pigmented and blend out beautifully. The white is a little powdery, but there aren't many whites that aren't and this one is better than most. I think this a spectacularly well-done palette. I highly recommend it for any other cool shadow fans.

After purchasing this palette, I realized just how underrated this brand is. Now, I think MAC and NARS are *really* overrated. Not that their MU isn't good, but there's too much hype in those brand.

What I like about this palette:
The shadows in this palette are smooth pigmented and easy to blend. The color selection really allows you to take a simply day time look and transform it into a sultry nighttime look. The only color that's kind of chalky is the ivory one but I don't mind because it gives me a very natural highlight.

The blush is BEST IMO. It's much more smooth than my NARS blush and more pigmented ( but it's not dark, so it gives me a natural flush. Not the I just put on blush flush). The color is a warm peachy color not cool at all.

The packaging of the palette is really nice. It's sleek but have a little bit of glam touch to it.

Improvement:

Since it's so versatile I'd like to see a slot for a e/s brush or maybe a slot for a small liquid liner. So, I can just travel with ease with this palette and not have to worry about bring an e/s brush.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is beautiful. The colors are very creamy and smooth and blend very easily. They are also all very complimentary of each other and there is not one shade in there that I dislike. The blush is also a beautiful shade that I thought would be too light for me but it gave my cheeks a nice flush. They are more satin finish imho and are not overly frosty.

I had a Sephora gift certificate and I was in a hurry - so I picked this up and thought "How bad could it be?"

I LOVE THIS.

I've never used anything LORAC and when I got home I saw that everything in this palette was shimmery and or sparkly so I wasn't sure how this would go...but every colour is beautiful.

My favourite is the blush "Couture" which reminds me of NARS "Orgasm". It stays all day and looks great with my fair skin without or without bronzer. Lovely peachy/pinky glow.

I also discovered in this palette that there is the perfect combo of "Smokey Eye" colours. White, grey, charcoal and black (all with different snazzier names of course) but it looks great. I even smudge a lighter version of this together for a day look. Smooth and easy to work with.
The bronze/gold colour I like to wear by itself on lazy days. It looks great.
I haven't figured out what to do with the dark marine green colour yet, but I'll post when I do. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Don't be afraid of the shimmer - it blends fabulous and isn't too too much on.

I will definatley be looking for more LORAC to purchase!

Wow! I love this palette, it is extremely versatile on its own but also coordinates very well with the rest of my make-up collection. I was initially somewhat disappointed with "Rockstar" (white with with medium sized white glitter in a semi-matte base) and "Techno" (matte black with somewhat large silver glitter) but have to come to love & appreciate both, they blend superbly and can be layered on for intensity. I often find myself using these two shades with other eyeshadows to highlight, blend, or increase contrast. The other four shades are similar in texture and quality to Urban Decay eyeshadows with a similar sheen and pigment density so that they require only a thin layer. "Serenity" is a neutral beige, not too frosty or peachy. "Heavy Metal" is very similar to MAC "smoke & diamonds" but with a more shimmery finish, and also Stila's "diamond lil" without the greenish-taupe tinge. It is also less creamy in texture than either of these. "Sapphire Storm" is perhaps my favorite, a deep shimmery teal, less shimmery than the darker half of NARS cleo & less blue. "Sapphire Storm" enables you to create a dramatic and stunning evening look. "Dreamy" is the other unique, standout shade, gunmetal that leans more toward slate than charcoal. Less blue than MAC knight divine. The blush ("couture") is a standard light to medium peachy-pink with gold shimmers through out. If you are a fan of NARS orgasm blush, then it should work for you.

This palette is best for those starting a make-up collection or those in need of a travel kit. I bought this for the beautiful teal & gunmetal shades as well as the neutrals, since I found both to be lacking in my stash (I mostly had golds & coppers). If you already have a large collection then this palette might be superfluous.

For reference, I'm quite pale with warm, pinkish undertones and would classify myself as "neutral/warm".

Hm, IDK if I love this Lorac palette like the Best Dressed palette but it is still a very nice palette.
Pros
1. The packaging is cute (gray & silver snake skin)
2. Most of the e/s are very soft & go on silky smooth. My favorites from the palette are Serenity, Heavy Metal (which looks a lot like the new MAC starflash Smoke & Diamond e/s), Sapphire Storm & Dreamy.
3. The blush is very pretty (peachy w/gold shimmer, I have no idea why they call this a "cool" blush)
4. The palette is a great deal. The e/s are 0.05oz ea (reg Lorac e/s pots are 0.06oz) so they're almost full size & the blush is 0.12oz (reg Lorac blush pots are 0.09oz) so it's actually more product than you'd get in a regular pot
Cons
1. Rockstar is chalky
2. The silver glitter in Techno is chunky, the fallout was pretty bad & it was impossible to get off.

Overall, it's a very good palette w/a wide range of colors, it's a great value & the pros far outweigh the cons so I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase.

[Continue for pics & swatches]