Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat. (40%), Butylene Glycol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, PEG/PPG 20/6 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Green 5, Fragrance

Great product but here's the thing about this toner, it REALLY deep-cleanses the skin. It's pretty strong. No stinging, but it can be a bit drying. Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner contains 2% salicylic acid and does an excellent job of keeping my pores clear. But I definitely can't use this every day. For reference I have skin that is combo-oily, clog-prone, and not particularly sensitive.

I like how this leaves my skin refreshed and super-clean. I alternate between this one and Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 2. There's been a huge improvement in my skin's overall clarity since I started using this. Very impressive overall.

I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this Neutrogena toner. I don't get over dried from it, even w/daily use. I reach for it mostly in late spring through early fall b/c my skin is super oily then. I used to reach for Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin toner more but wanted to try the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control one when my skin started getting oilier in late April than I was accustomed to. I also kept getting zits under the skin more so than the type w/a head on them. It shrinks the bumps & reduces their inflammation so well! I like the simple packaging & sea green color. I think it has a lovely cucumber scent, too! I can snag it for about $5 w/a coupon at WalMart or Target. This claims to mattify skin, too. I think it does a good job of that. I can see myself using the C&C one more when it's fall & winter.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I bought this product on a trip to Ulta, where I also purchased a Formula 10.0.6 Pores be Pure mask and a few other items. This is definitely a must have for those of us with oily, acne prone skin.

I use this every morning to clear excess oils off of my face and any dead skin that may be on my face from the night, and also every night after using my cleanser and Pores be Pure mask on the nights that I use it (I use that mask once or twice a week, this toner is especially great to apply right after washing off that mask). It does burn a bit, but keep in mind there is alcohol and salicylic acid in it, so I'd say that's pretty normal.

I've noticed that when I use this in the morning and apply makeup after it dries, the makeup applies better and lasts a bit longer throughout the day.

The one thing I hate about this product is the smell, but again, this product contains alcohol so the scent is to be expected. I will be repurchasing this product when I run out and I would recommend it to a friend.

I actually really enjoy this product. One thing I do have to complain about is it tends to burn my eyes. I do NOT apply it on my eyes I try to avoid them as much as possible but either way I still get a burn in my eyes but I tough it out because of how well the product works for me. It gets rid of all my dead skin, and gets rid of all the extra oil my face has. It leaves my skin feeling very dry after and not smooth so I of course use a night cream once it's all dry. I use this product about every other day or maybe every three days. It really just depends on how much I'm breaking out or how just how my skin is acting that day.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Tried this twice in the past and each time my skin remained the same.
It never helped with my blemishes and it actually agrivated my oily skin even more.

I've been using this toner as the second step following the Acne Stress Control Power-Clear scrub. This toner smells heavily of alcohol, as it is a main ingredient, but does a good job at getting the residual make-up off my face. And, despite the alcohol, it doesn't dry out my sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I truly love this product. I suffered from really bad acne over the years, but with the 6 months of using this product I no longer deal with inflamed external caused acne. I also noticed maybe only one active pimple during that time of the month when using this product instead of 5+ without. I also use ACNE FREE acne cream too

Been using this for a few years now and I've gone through about 3 bottles of it. It has a slight alcohol scent but smells refreshing at the same time. When I use it, it makes my face tingle a little but I love the sensation. It leaves my skin feeling so fresh and clean. I only use it about 3 or 4 times a week though, to help thoroughly clean my skin after I shower. I also use it mainly when I have occasional break outs, and it does help dry out my pimples. Good product, will continue to repurchase because it has salicylic acid in it and haven't really found anything else better.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like that this has some scent to it but other than that it's no good. After I washed my face I used this and it didn't feel any cleaner and it did not avoid break outs.

this toner is really good. this was the first toner I've ever used and so far, so good. when i first put it on, i felt a stinging sensation, signifying that it was attacking the source of my acne far down. within the first 2 days, I saw immediate results. the small bumps and redness on my forehead vanished. but, within the next days, I noticed redness and bumps coming back with more than there was before. (I continued doing the daily routine of putting it on once in the morning and once in the evening) All was well until they started growing again. The price is decent along with the packaging, so I would've considered repurchasing IF it reduced AND prevented my acne.