Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat. (40%), Butylene Glycol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, PEG/PPG 20/6 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Green 5, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I hate this so much. There are worst acne toners in the drugstore isles but that doesn't make this alcohol loaded crap good. This stuff dries my skin SO much. It makes my skin dull and ugly. It gives me dehydrated oily skin >:/ Skin overproduces oil to compensate for the drying effects of this and thus you get MORE acne, even though it is slightly helping by exfoliating. It helps and exacerbates acne at the same time

I don't understand why Neutrogena would make a toner with so much alcohol, it's unethical. Poor customers, they could be using things that are so much better, things that exfoliate and calm the skin without disrupting the skin barrier.

From the Drugstore the Neutrogena Acne Defense Lotion in the orange tube is way better than this. For the body The Stridex Pads are a step above this toner, no alcohol. If you can Just get a BHA from Paula's Choice. The Regular strenght BHa from her clear line and the toner from her for Men line are 2 salicylic acid products that are gentle.

Shame on you Neutrogena. Acne is a painful and disfiguring issue millions of people suffer with. Come up with safe products that help and don't exacerbate the problem. It's not that hard to use a different vehicle than alcohol for the active ingredients.

This is my HG toner. Whenever I stop using it, my skin gets very unhappy and I start to see little bumps and clogged pores. Nothing else compares, this toner is the best! It REALLY deep-cleanses the skin. Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner contains 2% salicylic acid and does an excellent job of keeping my pores clear. It's pretty strong, but there's no stinging. For reference I have skin that is combo-oily, clog-prone, and not particularly sensitive.

I love how this leaves my skin refreshed and super-clean. There's been a huge improvement in my skin's overall clarity since I started using. I am on my 2nd bottle and I plan to buy this again and again. Very impressive overall.

Highly Recommended!! A+++

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My forever toner. Used it for about a year now. I tried the Clear Pore toner from Neutrogena too, thinking that with its fewer ingredients and inclusion of witch hazel (and cheaper price), it could be a replacement... and ended up getting lots of whiteheads.

This toner has a strong salicylic acid content and the other ingredients don't cause bumps, which is all I've been looking for. Combined with DDF benzoyl peroxide cream I've found my long-term regimen.

If you have any fresh cuts/popped pimples this toner will sting a bit. I also use it as spot treatment by soaking a tiny piece of paper towel with it, and applying it to the spot like a sheet mask.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this Neutrogena toner. I don't get over dried from it, even w/daily use. I reach for it mostly in late spring through early fall b/c my skin is super oily then. I used to reach for Clean & Clear Sensitive Skin toner more but wanted to try the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control one when my skin started getting oilier in late April than I was accustomed to. I also kept getting zits under the skin more so than the type w/a head on them. It shrinks the bumps & reduces their inflammation so well! I like the simple packaging & sea green color. I think it has a lovely cucumber scent, too! I can snag it for about $5 w/a coupon at WalMart or Target. This claims to mattify skin, too. I think it does a good job of that. I can see myself using the C&C one more when it's fall & winter.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I bought this product on a trip to Ulta, where I also purchased a Formula 10.0.6 Pores be Pure mask and a few other items. This is definitely a must have for those of us with oily, acne prone skin.

I use this every morning to clear excess oils off of my face and any dead skin that may be on my face from the night, and also every night after using my cleanser and Pores be Pure mask on the nights that I use it (I use that mask once or twice a week, this toner is especially great to apply right after washing off that mask). It does burn a bit, but keep in mind there is alcohol and salicylic acid in it, so I'd say that's pretty normal.

I've noticed that when I use this in the morning and apply makeup after it dries, the makeup applies better and lasts a bit longer throughout the day.

The one thing I hate about this product is the smell, but again, this product contains alcohol so the scent is to be expected. I will be repurchasing this product when I run out and I would recommend it to a friend.

I actually really enjoy this product. One thing I do have to complain about is it tends to burn my eyes. I do NOT apply it on my eyes I try to avoid them as much as possible but either way I still get a burn in my eyes but I tough it out because of how well the product works for me. It gets rid of all my dead skin, and gets rid of all the extra oil my face has. It leaves my skin feeling very dry after and not smooth so I of course use a night cream once it's all dry. I use this product about every other day or maybe every three days. It really just depends on how much I'm breaking out or how just how my skin is acting that day.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Tried this twice in the past and each time my skin remained the same.
It never helped with my blemishes and it actually aggravated my oily skin even more.

I've been using this toner as the second step following the Acne Stress Control Power-Clear scrub. This toner smells heavily of alcohol, as it is a main ingredient, but does a good job at getting the residual make-up off my face. And, despite the alcohol, it doesn't dry out my sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I truly love this product. I suffered from really bad acne over the years, but with the 6 months of using this product I no longer deal with inflamed external caused acne. I also noticed maybe only one active pimple during that time of the month when using this product instead of 5+ without. I also use ACNE FREE acne cream too

Been using this for a few years now and I've gone through about 3 bottles of it. It has a slight alcohol scent but smells refreshing at the same time. When I use it, it makes my face tingle a little but I love the sensation. It leaves my skin feeling so fresh and clean. I only use it about 3 or 4 times a week though, to help thoroughly clean my skin after I shower. I also use it mainly when I have occasional break outs, and it does help dry out my pimples. Good product, will continue to repurchase because it has salicylic acid in it and haven't really found anything else better.