MAC Vibrant Grape

MAC Vibrant Grape
image 1image 2image 3

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have no idea why some reviewers were disappointed with the pigmentation. Maybe I just got mine from a good batch because it is very pigmented and not at all dificult to blend. The color is nice if you like purples. I have no complaints.

I felt that my 15 pan palette needed a purple color. So I purchased a vibrant grape to fill that void. I am not that happy with it it comes off patchy and hard to blend and leans a little bit to the pink side of things. I barely use it. I'm very disappointed in this Eyeshadow.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Purchased this despite the so-so reviews to compliment Stars n Rockets. I absolutely love it & color payoff is great. Its is the perfect bright purple on me not a grape color at all.Its is very blend able & long lasting. I had looked for a dupe with no luck as didn't want to spend $16 on a color I wouldn't wear often. I have a lot of Mac products but have wasted $ on colors not worn enough i.e. Carbon. I can say it was worth the $16.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I wasn't madly in love with Vibrant Grape when I first saw it and swatched it, the colour payoff was really not the best and it looks a bit chalky and not good on the back of my hand. However, when used on the eyes it comes to life. It is a medium toned purple shade, kind of similar to Ooh La Orchid by Too Faced. I actually really like using this the most on my lower lashline to complement a dark or light brown smokey eye. It sounds like it shouldn't work, purple and brown together, but personally I think it adds the most beautiful pop of colour to the eye, drawing attention in a positive way. I love this shade, I don't think it is talked about enough, its understated and fabulous.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this purple.... It goes on real nice on my eyelids...when I use Mac brush 242 or 239....it lasts long without any primer

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I would call this a true purple. Pigmentations not so great but try layering it over something like soft ochre paint pot or a white eye pencil. Lovee this with lashes and clashing lips like lovelorn. Reminds me of something rihanna would wear. A perfect summer colour and easy to wear during the day. Good staple purple.

on 10/13/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Don't get this. It lacks pigmentation and the texture is a bit chalky. It's one of those eyeshadows that you have to apply with a sponge because brushes can't pick it up well and it won't apply evenly. I suppose it would probably show up better with a sticky black or purple base but for the price we are paying, we shouldn't need to buy/use a separate product to get the pretty purple color we see in the pot.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like this color but I dont love it. I bought it for the VIBRANT purple. But instead its just a nice muted purple! Still is nice, still works just fine... but not wild!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Im a sucker for purple eyeshadows so i had to get this. I swatched this eyeshadow in the mac store and it had horrible pigmentation. But i had heard the vibrant grape eyeshadow in the mac pro store had amazing pigmentation and it is so true. The vibrant grape from the pro store has amazing pigmentation.

on 1/17/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I saw this color in a tutorial and just fell in love.......today I bought it since it's available in regular stores now. It's true that it's not super pigmented, but I layered it over a black base and the payoff was unlike any other purple I've seen! I have olive skin and it just glowed and made my brown eyes really pop. I'm okay with putting it over a base since I always use a primer anyways and well purple is my fave color and this is the best one I've owned so far!