Coastal Scents 78 Piece Makeup Palette

Coastal Scents 78 Piece Makeup Palette
78 Piece Makeup Palette

4.2

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 AlLake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 11/22/2012 1:37:00 PM

I don't think I will buy this again because its still lasting me for quite a while. I don't use all the colours but I've experimented with most of them. This is good for beginners and those who just want to give it a try. The price is also relatively cheap. The thing I love most are the darker colours of the eye shadows and also the blushers.
However, some of the colours do not stick to your eye lids that well even with eye primers. Especially the lighter colours. And be sure to flick a bit of excess off your brushes before applying because the pigments tend to drop when you're applying it. But, you cannot get any better than this for value for money when you want to experiment with colours - which I did.

Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this and the Ultra Shimmer 88 palette and I rarely use both items, I have to give them away. here's why:

I love the packaging and how affordable it is. I got this thinking I can wear all the colors...but nope. I only use a couple of them and also use the darkest color for eyeliner with a wet brush. I don't even use the blushes. I tried, but I reach for my separate blush instead.

If you love to play with colors, then you might like this. Especially for beginners, for the price, you can get e/s, eyeliner and blush.

Also, I need a primer or else, the colors won't show and will not last me the whole day.

on 6/15/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this palette after being inspired by makeup looks on Youtube.
You get a wide range of colors for less and is a great start for younger girls who want to play with colors. I do not wear colorful makeup everyday and i do not know what i was thinking when i ordered this.
the shadows are ok - they need to packed on the lid with a sticky base. they do not stay vibrant for long on the lid. Some of them are pretty and some are chalky.
i do like the blushes that come in this palette. they are more pigmented and stay on much better than the shadows.
the palette itself is flimsy and is not good for travel. it sits in the bottom of my makeup drawers - unused.

First the good. Theres a huge variety of colors. Neutrals, brights, and a fair amount of smoky shades that can be used as liners if you want a soft, smudgy look. Theres also a lot of very unique colors. Some may be a bit impractical, but usually can be tweaked to make them work. I dont see myself wearing a lime green lid, but a tiny dab in the center or on the corners can give me an extra oomph.
Now, the not so good. The colors are vibrant when I swatch them, and even on first swipe across my eyelid. But when I blend they tend to fade and look washed out. I find they work better as accents when I use other brands of eye shadow. As for the blushes. they are a nice mix of shades, but they just sort of sit on my skin. I can blend the color out, but its still very lifeless. Its like you can tell youre wearing blush, rather than having a natural flush of color.
Three lippies, because its a good palette if you want to experiment with different colors. Theres such a variety that its a great way to figure out what shades work with your skin tone without having to go out and buy a zillion single shadows. Some of the darker shades work very well as crease shadows if you combine with other shadows on your lid and browbone. But, they arent very long lasting, even with an eye primer.
Im glad I tried it. If you are looking for something to test different colors, this works well. But, for vibrant and wearable looks, I really cant recommend it.

I bought this palette on Black Friday. It only cost me about $13.. And I absolutely LOVE it! The colors are so pigmented and gorgeous! And the blush is just plain beautiful! I definitely recommend this palette to those who want great eyeshadows and blushes!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am really surprised to see such a high rating for this product.
I love the blushes, which is why I bought it. Someone reviewed this on youtube and raved about the blushes.

As for the shadows. As someone else mentioned there is a lot of fallout whenever I use them. Some colors are great while the pigmentation in others sucks. I am a NC45 / Bronze girl, so I'm sure the color payout will be better on lighter ladies. For me... Even if I use something like NYX milk.... I still have to pack some of the colors.

For the price of this entire palette I could pay for a Greatly pigmented shadow and just shut up, so for the money - I think the palette is great. I really prefer the shadows in the rectangular shape for what I do on a regular basis, so it works.

I would recommend this to anyone who is new @ trying to learn/experiment with different looks.

I love this palette. It's incredibly pigmented and every shadow is very different. Even if two colors look exactly the same, once you swatch them beside eachother, they are very different. I'm not too crazy about the staying power because it lasts about 3-5 hours (WITHOUT shadow primer), not all day but that's not a big deal because I wash my makeup off afterschool anyways. The blushes are amazing! They are so wearable and pigmented and the first blush color I use as a highlight and it's the only highlighter I've found I can wear out of all the high end highlighters and several drug store ones. The shadows are so blendible and so pigmented that if you more than a few dabs of one color ontop of another, the first color will be almost completely covered! It's also so beautiful and silky and NOT chalky at all. I find these better than my MAC eyeshadows since they are the same quality (better even because MAC shadows last 4 hours at the very very most) and cheaper. I don't think this is for "beginners" I'm not a beginner but I love this and I think it's a must have for every girl. You have every color you'll need so if you feel like spontaniously doing a look one day, you have the eyeshadows to do it. And you can also discover which colors you like and use up a lot and purchase similar colors separatly so you dont waste money on pink, blue, purple and green shadows in individual pots which most people don't use every single day. They only complaint is that I think the company should make individual colors for individual sale so when you run out of one color, you won't have to buy a complet new palette. Also, the packaging looks a little flimsy but I'm not complaining since it was $20. Everyone should buy this!

I bought this pallete almost a year ago when summer started and I decided I finally wanted to get into makeup and all that for sophomore year. I'm glad this was my choice being limited on money. You get a good array of colors and even some blushes. It's perfect for begginers. I don't use it much any more now that I have collected two more of their pallets (warm and 88 shimmer) but do use it for the black and whites. It could also be a really cute gift for a friend starting makeup or just likes collecting it. Oh, and the pigments are WONDERFUL. Very good for the price. :)

on 4/25/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product for a good price. It's an overwhelming amount of shadows, but it's an awesome addition to anyone's kit.