Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

4.1

TITANIUM DIOXIDE 6.038981%, COSMETIC INGREDIENTS, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX, NYLON-12 DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINA, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, METHICONE, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES, MICA, BLUE 1 LAKE

This foundation is rather expensive, but gives a nice matte finish, and doesn't immediately settle in the fine lines that have begun to form around my eyes. The texture is so smooth, it glides on skin beautifully, providing a nice coverage. I typically use a moisturizer beneath it, either Elizabeth Arden SPF 50 Cresent White or Origins CC cream. It gets 3 stars because it's pricey, it does eventually settle into lines, and it wears off before the end of an eight hour day. I probably wouldn't buy it again at $47.00.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, my skin type, and wishes: sensitive, normal skin, barely any redness, some hyperpigmentation. Want foundations to be able to hold up for the whole day, without needing touch-ups, because I'm too busy for that

I've had this for about 3 years, and it's 90% full. I don't know why I bought it without testing the colour extensively first. This was waaay orange on my yellow skin, because it oxidizes very very badly. I have color-corrected it and worn it when I'm tan, but then I get a different problem: it clings to dry patches I can't even detect when wearing other foundations. It's also kinda oily, but dehydrates my skin, and the wear-time is awful - just like with Teint Miracle. I thought: maybe this would suit me if my skin was near perfect? Some people with clear skin still wear foundation, just to go from very good to flawless-looking skin. Nope! This always made my skin look WORSE, no matter how good the starting point was, what amount I used, what I set this with... I'm actually surprised anyone can make this work for them (as with Teint Miracle).

I don't like anything about this foundation, besides the texture it has when going on the skin... Which disappoints me very fast, when I can't make it look good

Cons:
- lots of EDIT: silicones. They don't bother *my* skin, but makes the foundation very slipper and hard to set
- poor wear-time
- transfers very easily
- makes dry patches stand out, even though it might feel hydrating on your hand
- gets very oily during the day
- oxidizes badly
- poor colour range
- seeps into fine lines, and generally, doesn't want to stay where it was applied, even after setting it

I've had over 50 different foundations, and this is nr 3 on the "worst" list, after Elizabeth Arden Flawless-looking Finish, and Teint Miracle from Lancome

To Read all 150 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

For those of us with very fair skin, stay away! I tested this in store and the lightest shade Beige Albatre is way too dark for me, despite the name. It is also very pink toned so only suited to people with cool tones not those with yellow or even neutral undertones. In the UK only 5 shades of this are stocked which seems ridiculous as many "drugstore" brands offer more shades than this. If I'm going to the bother of going to a cosmetics counter to buy a foundation, I expect more than 5 shades!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Not yellow enough. For 2 weeks I've been using a sample of Bisque 4W - it's the closest match they have for my olive but reddish NC30 skin, but it's just too grey, ashy, and flat looking. I realized today I don't like looking in the mirror lately and it's because my skin looks absolutely dead from this foundation shade!

The formula is fine - light/medium, buildable with decent coverage for my slight discolorations. It lasts 8 hours looking fresh on my combo/oily skin - but my nose does need powdering after a couple hours unlike the coverage of Estee Lauder Double Wear. Comes in a pump bottle which is good.
So I'm giving it 3 lippies only because the formula is nice, natural looking, and relatively long wearing, but the shade selection lacks yellow tones.
The best yellow-based foundations I've found for NC25-30 are (no animal testing!) Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous Foundation in Buff (beautiful, dewy & natural), Bare Minerals Bare Skin in Bare Buff, and Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny.

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Smooths, does not oxidise, gives the most beautiful, cloudy, youthful look to the skin.
I hope this is not being discontinued!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i went through the whole bottle even though i find the colour didn't match me as well at all (got shade too light and didnt' exchange it)
not fond of the coverage either in terms of creating a smooth canvas for my porous skin

nc30, 4y07 sephora, lancome bisque 4w, nars stromboli

6.5/10

I absolutely loved the finish of this foundation, I just wish the coverage was more buildable and it came in lighter shades. For reference, I'm a mac nc15/nw10 or a tad lighter than nars sheer glow in Siberia. I bought this in the lightest shade (1N i believe) and it just looked a bit too dark on me to pull off everyday, even in the summer when I'm slightly less ghostly. I generally need higher coverage and it might've been been the fact that I tried to build it up when it's definitely a more light to medium coverage foundation. This was also fantastic for my dry skin. Unless I was having a horrible skin day, I don't remember ever getting dry spots while wearing this. This is definitely geared toward dry skin types, I think this would slide right off of anyone with oily skin given the extremely dewy finish. Overall fantastic, the problems I had with it were just a little too noticeable for me to continue using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

UPDATE: 7/17/16: This foundation might soon be discontinued. Went to purchase at Nordstrom and they no longer carry in their department stores. The SA said Lancome is discontinuing. Macy's had one bottle left in my shade. This is an "OK" foundation and the only line that is a good match for my fair, cool and slightly neutral skin tone.

The SA at Nordstrom gave me a several samples in Ivory 4N. I imagine this would be a good foundation depending on skin type and age. Seems a bit drying on my mature skin. Coverage is light to medium. The deal breaker for me is the color match which is too neutral and slightly ashen giving a slight chalky, washed out appearance to my cool, fair skin tone. If you have smooth skin with no lines and can find a color match this could be a lovely makeup. Before giving up, I will see if there is a right color in this line and use a moisturizer underneath. I can't vouch for breakouts as I've not used long enough.

Will purchase if I find the right color match.

UPDATE 1/06/2016: After one year of trying samples of foundations from Chanel, YSL, Laura Mercier, Koh Gen Do, Cle de Peau, Becca, and others, Photogenic Lumessence in Buff 4 works best on my mature skin with cool undertones. It's a perfect color match, provides enough coverage to even out my skin tone and slightly blurs imperfections and lines I get about 3-4 hours of wear before a fade but will purchase the Marcelle translucent powder hoping the powder will extend wear time. Thanks MUA!

This was one of the MUA picks as a best foundation along with Dior's Forever Flawless that is a quality product as well.

Wonderful foundation!! I absolutely love this foundation. It stays on allday and it makes my skin look natural, not cakey. Covers fine lines perfectly and really brings out a glow in my skin. Coverage is great and lasts 12hrs+

I have this. It's actually very nice. And it lasted up to 12 hours on me. This is (besides EL DW), are my favorite liquid foundations. This one doesn't feel like a heavy mask on me and is very buildable. It looks good in photos too. I don't have many lines (yet), but it looks very natural and not like foundation (which EL DW can if you don't blend it right). This one can do very well with younger and more mature skin. My neighbor who is in her 50's wears this and her makeup looks wonderful.