L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick

3.9

Lanolin oil, sesame seed oil, oleyl erucate, microcrystalline wax, PPG-5 lanolin wax, acetylated lanolin, beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, rosa canina fruit oil, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, argan oil, BHT, BHA, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, calcium sodium borosilicate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, methyl-2 octynoate, polyethylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 7, red 28 lake, yellow 6 lake, red 22 lake, bismuth oxychloride, yellow 5 lake, carmine, blue 1 lake.

on 7/6/2016 1:17:00 PM

I have this lipstick in three shades:
Red passion (amazing red!!)
Magnetic coral (a little too bright)
S├ępia (very very nude, almost invisible)

Apart from the shades, this lipsticks stay on well, the smell is actually the same as Guerlain lipstick (which means it smells expensive and tasteful) and the packaging is simple and elegant. I took off a lippie because the price, without any sale, is quite high if you want to buy more than one. I got a trio (above shades) at a duty-free shop for 20$ but still, we're talking about grocery store lipsticks. I prefer the Revlon ones...but it's still a good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased a tube of this because I was looking to match a specific colour and happened to find it in 'deep raspberry'. I am happy with the colour and the texture and how it wears... it's impressive really, for the price. However, the smell is awful... not least because the last time I wore L'Oreal lipstick and smelled this smell I was a teenager, so it really brings back associations of drinking too much Captain Morgan and whatever else we got up to back then. Honestly... can L'Oreal not update this fragrance after 25 years? But otherwise great.

To Read all 243 Reviews, Login or Join

Amazing product . Beautiful packaging.
But just the wrong shade
I got the lipstick in Rose Creme which I thought was a mauve colour when I swatched it on my wrist, However , once I bought it and tried it on my lips it wasn't very flattering unless toned down, it had this weird silver shine on my lips which was horrible news for my olive skin . I did use it often though, because once toned down it looks amazing. The formula is really moisturising - it usually lasts 5 hours and then starts to fade. However , I am ready to splurge on something more expensive like a MAC lip palette, so wouldn't buy this this year.

I will never not love these darling, gold-tubed lipsticks -- the shades are smart and unique and get noticed. They feel lovely and creamy but don't wear off like lots of creamy lipsticks can. These lipsticks were some of my first loves when I began experimenting with lip color in high school, spending painstaking time in the drugstore scrutinizing the different colors. Earth Rose and Rose Potpourri are among my all-time favorites. The combination of good-quality lipstick and warming nostalgia always succeeds in making me feel beautiful when I put them on. (This, to me, is the entire existential point of lipstick. It should make you feel like queen of all you survey when you look in the mirror.)

I've seen some comments about the smell -- yes, they do smell like grandma lipstick, but I find it a rather comforting and elegant scent. But that's just me. Also, they won't smell like that all day, just the first whiff when you're applying.

L'oreal is one of the very first brands that I have tried make-up wise. I remember loving their lip products, such as glosses and lipsticks.

Colour Riche is not a new product on the market, and after I have decided to give it a second go years later - I have realized that something has changed. And that is - the scent, I don't recall L'oreal products having this chemical grandma scent.

Anyhow the lipsticks in the range look gorgeous - from colours, to pigmentation, to their amazing hydrating feel on the lips. If not a terrible fragrace these would be my holy grail drugstore lipsticks - but not anytime soon. Despite how much I think these have a high-end look to them (I mean opacity, colour selection and moisturizing feel on the lips) the scent is a real deal-breaker.

If you know L'oreal scents and don't mind them, then you might actually love these lipsticks - but if you're more sensitive on the nostrils front - stay away from these.

If you want lip swatches and general review on the brand new Colour Riche colours feel free to check this review below. Hope it helps!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have about 10 shades of this, with the gold packaging, not to mention several of the ones with the black packaging (the JLo and Eva, etc ones). Have been pleased with each shade. Gorgeous colors, lasts long (a good 5-6 hours, which on my lips anymore is like 12 hours for most people!), wear nicely, does not turn funny colors or get gummy or funky as the day wear on. Great, affordable prices.

That all said, they do have the "L'oreal smell"..what some gals refer to as the "old lady lipstick smell"..that smell does not bother me, but I could see how it might bother some. I guess it is part of their signature, like the notch on their caps..also another very slight annoyance. But still, the colors are gorgeous and wear very nicely, and my sensitive nose can tolerate the "L'oreal lipstick smell" just fine, thank goodness!!

These feel soft and smooth on the lips, and each shade I have is easy to apply, does not smear or bleed (I don't know why, but in the last couple of years, lipsticks often tend to make a smeary mess on my lips, out of the blue..and I am getting older!! ) and just make the lips even feel soft and smooth, at least for me, they do. Recommend and I plan on adding to my already very growing collection!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought my first ever colour riche lipstick a few weeks ago in 'Eva's Nude' and I have to say, I love it. I've been loving nudes recently and this has become one of my staples. It's a mix between sheer and opaque but it looks so beautiful and suits all skin tones but since I'm close to Eva's tone I love how it looks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST all-around lipstick. Compared to other drugstore as well as high end, this line takes the cake. Trust me, I've tried them all. At under $6 a pop (at Walmart - more expensive at drugstores) it's worth it and then some. Not only are the colors exquisite, the formula is so creamy and moisturizing. Lasting power is very good for a lipstick that is not touted as long wearing. I need lip balm for pretty much any lipsticks I wear except this one. And the classic gold case is so pretty and feels so substantial in your had - feels high end to me. I got hooked on these when I tried the Fairest Nude (cult classic for a reason!) Then I added Nature's Blush to the lineup just the other day. This formula keeps my lips hydrated with beautiful color and just makes them look sooooo full. I'm going to run out and get more colors now as we speak. The only con is there is that old-school lipstick fragrance. It may bother some - and usually fragrances in lipsticks bother the eff out of me. This one? I don't mind it... it's almost nostalgic (reminds me of lipsticks I used in my youth!) Will I ever buy another brand of lipstick again? Sure, of course. But the one I will always count on? That I know I can always get for an instant pick-me-up and will never disappoint? Colour Riche. It's that great!

on 2/28/2015 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

like the below reviewer, this is my first time buying a l'oreal lipstick too. i think this lipstick is great in that it lasts thru a meal and color payoff is good but it's kinda drying and unfortunately i haven't found a shade i really like. will try other colors in the future but so far the ones i have right now are ok. given that this is very cheap, i think i will repurchase the lipstick.

This is my first time trying L'Oreal lipsticks, and I was SO impressed with the formula. I bought Eva's nude from the Privee collection when I was in a rush to find a classy nude for a wedding I was hosting, and fell in love with it, and that says a lot because I'm so picky with nudes, but this might be my HG. It cost me roughly 6$ so I can't complain. I've used a lot of Maybelline lipsticks but after using this L'Oreal, I'm definitely going to start trying their products. The packaging is classy, simple and sweet. love it. definitely repurchasing.