L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick

L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick

3.9

Lanolin oil, sesame seed oil, oleyl erucate, microcrystalline wax, PPG-5 lanolin wax, acetylated lanolin, beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, rosa canina fruit oil, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, argan oil, BHT, BHA, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, calcium sodium borosilicate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, methyl-2 octynoate, polyethylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, red 7, red 28 lake, yellow 6 lake, red 22 lake, bismuth oxychloride, yellow 5 lake, carmine, blue 1 lake.

on 11/23/2017 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unfortunately, with my light-medium, yellow NC20-NC25 coloring, Fairest Nude, which is one of the most popular colors in the Colour Riche lipstick line, just washes me out and makes me look dead. I would be open to trying other shades in this line, though! The intensity of the pigment is solid even with just one application, the texture is creamy, and the gold tube is classy. It does have a fragrance, but it doesn’t bother me.

on 4/22/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought my first in this line today: Golden Splendor. (HG lipstick shade for me)

Absolutely in love.

I'm light-to-medium light caucasian and I like dark lipsticks but just never have the balls to wear them as often as I should. I also feel like no matter how tan i get, darker lipsticks (even brown based) wash me out or make me look goth.

Golden splendor was exactly what Ive been looking for. Its like my perfect nude. Sheer, some sparkles/shimmer but super fine - and almost frosted but not. It has no pink, brown, peach - for a sheer nude - its awesome. Doesnt wash me out bc its not really "skin" toned- just a beautiful sheer gold with sparkle.

Creamy formula, applies well, love the gold packaging. It even looks great on my lips when I blot - the color still stays subtly which says a lot for a sheer lipstick!

Only caveat - the smell. I should have checked reviews. Im sensitive to smells but I can stand this mostly bc its my fav lipstick color of all-time. I find that the smell - for me - doesnt go away either. Im wearing it now and can still smell/taste it. Wish theyd change the scent. I think a flavored gloss over or under would help camoflauge the scent. But i still love this. Going back to buy backups!!!

EDIT to add; I have literally been wearing this lipstick non-stop since I bought it on Saturday (so 2 days). The formula is friggen amazing, even for a frosty light colored shade. When I lick my lips - the color STAYS. If I blot, the color is still THERE. If the lipstick is doing this for a super light shade, I can't imagine how awesome the staying power is for darker shades in this line. Definitely recommend this lipstick. I said in my above review that I'm going to buy backups - I AM. I want one of these suckers in my purse, at home, and at work. I love it that much! (also, I'm finding that I'm getting used to the smell. It helps to apply a lipgloss with it - if you can - which works well for lighter shades, like mine.)

on 7/6/2016 1:17:00 PM

I have this lipstick in three shades:
Red passion (amazing red!!)
Magnetic coral (a little too bright)
Sépia (very very nude, almost invisible)

Apart from the shades, this lipsticks stay on well, the smell is actually the same as Guerlain lipstick (which means it smells expensive and tasteful) and the packaging is simple and elegant. I took off a lippie because the price, without any sale, is quite high if you want to buy more than one. I got a trio (above shades) at a duty-free shop for 20$ but still, we're talking about grocery store lipsticks. I prefer the Revlon ones...but it's still a good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased a tube of this because I was looking to match a specific colour and happened to find it in 'deep raspberry'. I am happy with the colour and the texture and how it wears... it's impressive really, for the price. However, the smell is awful... not least because the last time I wore L'Oreal lipstick and smelled this smell I was a teenager, so it really brings back associations of drinking too much Captain Morgan and whatever else we got up to back then. Honestly... can L'Oreal not update this fragrance after 25 years? But otherwise great.

I've this in colour Erotique which is a matte and a nude shade. This is absolutely a divine lipstick after searching forever for nude matte lipsticks that don't dry out my lips. It is almost the exact colour to my own lips but with more clarity. When I saw this amongst all the other L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks, this felt like a secret hidden gem, plus it says matte on the label, seems to be the only matte as well from what I saw. This and the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Max Lipstick (Pens) in Silencio are my perfect nude lipsticks in matte. So glad that they were only drugstore finds, not too expensive but they look and feel it!

on 4/13/2017 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This lipstick really does have it all! It is great for any skin-type, but is really SUPER for drier, more mature skin! The colors are fantastic, lots of pigment and staying-power and the smoothest, silkiest and moist feel!

I've used some high-end (trans.-way too expensive) lipsticks in the past and they are no better than Loreal Color Riche! Those "high-end" products used to (sometimes) come in really pretty, expensive packaging, such as gold metal tubes that were so pretty you can still buy them on Etsy - Empty!

Now, years ago they went cheap on us and started using plain old plastic, often ugly, tubes. So what are people paying for?!

OMG, do you know what Loreal could do? They could make a REALLY gorgeous gold or silver, or even better- two-tone, metal lipstick tube that is refillible! What fun that would be!

YAHOO!!!

Amazing product . Beautiful packaging.
But just the wrong shade
I got the lipstick in Rose Creme which I thought was a mauve colour when I swatched it on my wrist, However , once I bought it and tried it on my lips it wasn't very flattering unless toned down, it had this weird silver shine on my lips which was horrible news for my olive skin . I did use it often though, because once toned down it looks amazing. The formula is really moisturising - it usually lasts 5 hours and then starts to fade. However , I am ready to splurge on something more expensive like a MAC lip palette, so wouldn't buy this this year.

L'oreal is one of the very first brands that I have tried make-up wise. I remember loving their lip products, such as glosses and lipsticks.

Colour Riche is not a new product on the market, and after I have decided to give it a second go years later - I have realized that something has changed. And that is - the scent, I don't recall L'oreal products having this chemical grandma scent.

Anyhow the lipsticks in the range look gorgeous - from colours, to pigmentation, to their amazing hydrating feel on the lips. If not a terrible fragrace these would be my holy grail drugstore lipsticks - but not anytime soon. Despite how much I think these have a high-end look to them (I mean opacity, colour selection and moisturizing feel on the lips) the scent is a real deal-breaker.

If you know L'oreal scents and don't mind them, then you might actually love these lipsticks - but if you're more sensitive on the nostrils front - stay away from these.

If you want lip swatches and general review on the brand new Colour Riche colours feel free to check this review below. Hope it helps!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have about 10 shades of this, with the gold packaging, not to mention several of the ones with the black packaging (the JLo and Eva, etc ones). Have been pleased with each shade. Gorgeous colors, lasts long (a good 5-6 hours, which on my lips anymore is like 12 hours for most people!), wear nicely, does not turn funny colors or get gummy or funky as the day wear on. Great, affordable prices.

That all said, they do have the "L'oreal smell"..what some gals refer to as the "old lady lipstick smell"..that smell does not bother me, but I could see how it might bother some. I guess it is part of their signature, like the notch on their caps..also another very slight annoyance. But still, the colors are gorgeous and wear very nicely, and my sensitive nose can tolerate the "L'oreal lipstick smell" just fine, thank goodness!!

These feel soft and smooth on the lips, and each shade I have is easy to apply, does not smear or bleed (I don't know why, but in the last couple of years, lipsticks often tend to make a smeary mess on my lips, out of the blue..and I am getting older!! ) and just make the lips even feel soft and smooth, at least for me, they do. Recommend and I plan on adding to my already very growing collection!

I will never not love these darling, gold-tubed lipsticks -- the shades are smart and unique and get noticed. They feel lovely and creamy but don't wear off like lots of creamy lipsticks can. These lipsticks were some of my first loves when I began experimenting with lip color in high school, spending painstaking time in the drugstore scrutinizing the different colors. Earth Rose and Rose Potpourri are among my all-time favorites. The combination of good-quality lipstick and warming nostalgia always succeeds in making me feel beautiful when I put them on. (This, to me, is the entire existential point of lipstick. It should make you feel like queen of all you survey when you look in the mirror.)

I've seen some comments about the smell -- yes, they do smell like grandma lipstick, but I find it a rather comforting and elegant scent. But that's just me. Also, they won't smell like that all day, just the first whiff when you're applying.