Canmake Highlighter

Canmake Highlighter

3.6

on 1/25/2016 10:19:00 PM

I think I actually have two of these floating around because I forgot I already bought it a while ago. I have this in 01 white (there's a 02 beige or pink white I think) and initially I was kind of afraid of how white it is. However it's a very fine powder with some shimmer, but isn't immediately in your face screaming disco ball type of powder.

the included brush is pretty soft for something that came with a cheap drugstore product (but I did notice that many Japanese makeup pieces comes with some kind of brush or applicator and they're actually all very usable, not at all like the crap that comes in cheapie US products), a flattish slanted brush that's actually a perfect width/size for applying this on my nose and forehead for face highlighting. it's also excellent for applying to the brow bone (it's a little large but workable since the powder isn't suuuuuuuuuuuper whitely pigmented) and under my eyes. it's a little too floppy for general cheek use but if you need a line of highlight on top of the cheekbone, when applied along that thin top in a slant, it works great. for me I like to apply in a roundish way so it doesn't work as well.

I can't really say too much about lasting power but I didn't notice my face becoming dramatically less highlighted or anything - it's a highlight anyway, it's really not supposed to be super in your face and obvious.

For the price (if you can get it in Japan without the markup), this is a great highlighter. I really appreciate the brush, funnily enough, since it means when I'm on travel I no longer need to bring a separate highlighting brush.

Really great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up when I was in Japan as it was quite cheap (I think I only paid a couple of hundred yen for it) Mine is actually a little bit different as it is the 'Glow Twin Colour' Version and its split into two with one half being a pure silvery white and the other half being a soft goldeny beige and it doesnt come with a brush. I have to admit I was not expecting too much for such a cheap product and I would say that it is average in its performance. Whilst both the colours are lovely as highlighters and the glow the impart is nice I do find that the glitter is far too chunky and obvious and is quite garish in natural sunlight. It is for that reason I am just using it as an eyeshadow which is a shame because if it was a little bit more finely milled it would be a perfect highlighter!

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/6/2012 7:10:00 AM

I got this in the baby beige shade. I will have to say that this product is average -- it does what it's supposed to do as a highlighter; not too much unnecessary shimmer, your skin glows, etc. BUT it doesn't last very long (even with or without makeup finishing spray or loose powder). The brush that comes with this is moderately soft, although the plastic container opens easily and my brush fell out a couple of times. It's an alright product if you want to get a highlighter that's more affordable.

on 11/23/2010 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is a good product. the brush is soft too. the highlighting effect is flattering. i like the gradation highlighter better though.

on 5/3/2010 2:06:00 AM

This product is great on its price. really cheap with a good result. can highlight areas on face without makes it glittery. it's just pretty shiny and looks fresh. no need to buy the expensive one.
but the packaging is awful... the case could break easily. no wonder... it's cheap.

i actually quite like this highlight.. when you apply a little onto your cheekbone to highlight your cheeks or your browbone, it doesn't make you look like a glitter ball like a lot of other highlighters, neither is it matte. I do not recommend applying this on your forehead, nose, chin for highlight because i can make you look like a glitter ball if you have too much of it on :P A little goes a loongg way.. It has a lot of fine shimmers to it that gives you a really nice dewy shimmery color when the light hits your face.. really pretty.. and a good product. Its just a pearly shimmery white color that some might not like. the packaging is really cheap because the cover can fall off really.... and its acutally quite small.. The brush it comes with is actually fairly soft (And synthetic), but too small as well :P Also, i hope that canmake comes with more color choices for highlights because not every likes a white, pearly shimmer for their highlight.. some might like a more golden tone, whereas others prefure a pinkish tone.. if you get wt i mean.. but overall.. its a good product. If you don't like shimmer.. i don't recommend getting it :D AND.. i wouldn't buy it again because even thought it has very little product (

Well, this product is damn good for its price.
But then again, at this price, I don't really expect much.

It does come in a nice shade and turn transparent with sheer shimmer at the area when you want to hightlight.
But then, it does not really blend well and the brush that comes with it is not really that great.

But if you are on a really tight budget, give this a try, it does the work of the highlighter although it's not the best around.

on 11/7/2008 3:28:00 AM

this is the best highlighter on my list. the color payoff is GREAT. it's pure white highlight with no hint of rose/pink/yellow whatsoever. i have mac vanilla. bobbi brown compact in pink, etc but this is the best. i can use this for paler winter skin tone just as well as on my summer skin tone. doesnt slip and stay all day. theres also a colorstick version highlighter with no shimmer. my HG highlighters.

on 7/26/2008 7:18:00 PM

I didn't like it as a highlighter, because it just looked weird on my face... too white and too bright. But I liked to use it as an eyeshadow instead.