Lancome Magnifique EDP [DISCONTINUED]

Lancome Magnifique EDP [DISCONTINUED]
Magnifique EDP [DISCONTINUED]Magnifique EDP [DISCONTINUED]Magnifique EDP [DISCONTINUED]Magnifique EDP [DISCONTINUED]

3.1

on 1/19/2017 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was a really nice scent from Lancôme. I wish it was still around. It took me a bit to appreciate it though. Saffron is strong in it, but it's a sexy scent that has a nice musk.

on 11/4/2016 5:09:00 PM

I don‘ t know on what ground ever Lancome decided to discontinue this little gem. I suspect to launch (yet another) Tresor flanker, Midnight Rose. To my nose, they have a lot of similarities, but while Magnifique was a magnificent creamy, mature rose with spices, the other is more fruity and girly. It must be the rasberries note, I suppose. I hope they bring it back one day.

To my nose Magnifique is "tangy rose and spiced ashes"; an interesting mix of darkness and light, sweetness and dirt.

In fact, I see it as a gothic-lolita scent because of the contrasting elements in it. I'm not a fan of rose fragrances in general, so it was really the uniqueness and the gutsiness of the smoky saffron-caraway-nargamota combo that hooked me in.

It seems to work in both cool and warm weather, and is quite linear. You move from spicy tart florals in the first half hour to spicy smoky woods quite quickly, and then it stays like that until it fades. Sadly, lasting power is sub-par considering the retail price and the EDP concentration. Re-application is probably necessary about 5 hours in.

Personally, I feel the cheesy pseudo-romantic ad did nothing for it though I love Anne Hathaway. It was anything but unique and gutsy.

on 5/6/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

It's not horrible, but it's too spicy and smells like an old lady trying to be edgy. The bright side is it fades fast.

on 2/22/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm not surprised this one is discontinued. All I got was synthetic saffron and roses. Good in theory but it didn't work. You want saffron and roses? Get Angent Provocateur in the plain pink porcelain bottle. Same idea, much more sensual and sophisticated take.
Unfortunately saffron is not my thing so I wouldn't wear either but the difference in quality is obvious.

on 6/17/2013 10:11:00 AM

My aunt gave this to me. While i liked her gesture the parfum is not to my liking. Its too spicy /musky/woody for me. Smells more like a guys EDT. Feels like its for more for men. Isnt long lasting but the scent lingers on my clothes for some reason. I dun feel feminine wearing this. Feel like giving this away.

I am 25 and was looking for a scent that said more, "Angelina" then, "Britany".... This is it!

I feel sexy and adult wearing this, it lasts ALL day and is sweet enough to intrigue other. I am constantly being told how great I smell by my male and female friends.

It doesn't smell cheap, or "powdery" like some other scents. It is deep and earthy and I LOVE it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i got this for half price when i purchase a fragrance for my boyfriend for his birthday and i really like this,it is a warm spicy scent which i dont usually wear but there is this lovely floral sweetness to it that makes so feminine and lovely it really is a great pefume to wear if you wanna feel sexy and girly,i think that this along with tresor is the best lancome fragrance

on 9/29/2012 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favourite perfumes. I receive a lot of nice comments about it from guys and almost all of my friends have asked me about it at one point or another. I seem to be ignoring my other perfumes because I'm on my third bottle of this stuff.

on 10/24/2012 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Tried to like it, tested it twice : it is so boring that I will not make any further attempts. I think I would have rated it higher if I had hated it: at least it would evoke some kind of emotion! - but this one is just BLAH. This is what happens when one tries to create a "commercial success": "boring generic" doesn't equal "liked by the majority"! It smells like everything and nothing, as if Lancome have mixed all their perfumes in 1 bottle thinking something good would come out of it. Even children's perfumes can be more interesting.I cannot draw any similarities between this and Poison, which I own and love for such a complicated bouquet that never stops opening new notes through hours of wear! This one, on the contrary, is surprisingly flat and undeveloping, it is definitely for those who want to blend with the crowd and don't want any attention, or the lucky ones, whose skin chemistry ups this perfume to something better and more distinct - I don't rule it out that maybe it's just me not cooperating. On me it sounds like pure mediocrity. The opening is even more blah than the drydown: alcohol + sugar + raspberries: alas, magnifique it is not.

Popular Fragrances