Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Dior Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

Aqua (water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolmer, Ploybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl, Polyacyladipate-2, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, C18-26 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Silica, Hydroxyethyl- cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycerol, Tetrasodium Eda, Sodium Laureth -12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Sodium Polyacrylate, Sericin, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben ( /- : CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)).

I bought this at the advice of a Sephora SA as it is one of their bestsellers. Color is very black. Product is okay for the price but not life changing. I feel there are better DS mascaras for a lot less.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a high end product, so you must expect to put at least 30 dollars in a product. This one mascara i've used for 3 years and a half and i can tell it is one of the best mascara for natural curls and looks. your lashes don't get cakey, and are very easy to remove, do not stain your under eye when clearing your make up.

i totally recommand it.

on 12/30/2016 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it makes my REALLY short lashes so long they touch my eyebrows and my glasses😍 i freaking love this!! it's expensive af but i've never really been this happy about a mascara, and i've tried a ton, from super expensive to drugstore. i love it.

on 12/20/2016 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great mascara for those of you who have voluminous yet short lashes. Gives length, separation and curl... but unfortunately no volume (and this is what I need the most). So yes, it is good. But no, it does not fit me so I won't repurchase.

on 8/31/2016 9:11:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever had- it provides really nice length and your eyelashes look lush and thick. People actually comment on how long my eyelashes look, which never used to happen. However, it's not perfect: 1) the bottle dries out pretty quickly, 2) the mascara always seems to smudge just a little bit, and 3) it is pretty expensive. Overall though, I think it's worth it :)

on 4/24/2016 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Since my favourite MAC mascara got discontinued, I've been hunting for a suitable replacement. Sadly, this is not it.

A fresh tube does indeed provide with good coverage, as well as length and volume. Another advantage is that it curls the lashes without the need of an eyelash curler.

But as weeks go by, the mascara gets worse and worse at covering the lashes adequately. I have very pale eyelashes, so if the wand didn't reach a lash, I can tell immediately. Another issue is that Iconic doesn't separate lashes well as the mascara gets older. I had to clean the wand every few days, which I have never had to do so frequently in order to get the mascara at an adequate level. Maybe for someone more patient then me this wouldn't be a problem, but personally I won't be purchasing it again.

on 4/15/2016 6:43:00 PM

have they changed the formulation of this mascara? i have used diorshow iconic for YEARS, so long...and never have i had the trouble i am having with my latest tube. clumping, smudging, making my lashes look spidery and adding no volume. looks atrocious! usually a new tube takes a little bit of time to "adjust" and work properly, but this is ridiculous, have been using it daily for 3 weeks and it seems to be getting worse not better. i am currently using the old, drier tube as a base then using this over the top. not ideal! i will be devastated if something has changed in this mascara...no other mascara works as fantastically for me.

on 4/4/2016 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am underwhelmed by this mascara.

I enjoy they've made a brown-colored mascara, as not all brands do (and with my blonde lashes/coloring, I prefer brown to black as it's less harsh.) But everything about this mascara in my personal experience is a giant exercise in "meh."

There is no scent to this (thankfully), and the mascara seems to be more of a "wetter" formula. If you prefer "drier" formulas, look elsewhere. I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes, and fortunately, this did not bother mine.

I like mascara brushes in the shape of Diorshow Iconic (more of an oblique cut with long, skinny teeth) because they tend to separate a little better and clump a little less. On the product description on the Sephora website, it states the brush "with its long, skinny teeth, the plastic comb brush allows you to precisely coat each lash one-by-one, creating a long, separated fan of lashes that usually takes the skill of a makeup artist. The extra-hold formula provides a 24 hour-curl with 100% smudge-proof results."

I've been wearing this for a few days now, and here are my thoughts on those claims:

1. "Precisely coat each lash one-by-one, creating a long, separated fan of lashes." False. This implies the mascara is good at separating, and in my experience, this is not the case. I notice a lot of my lashes tend to stick together with this formula, definitely not giving the separation it claims to provide.

2. "The extra-hold formula provides a 24 hour-curl with 100% smudge-proof results." OK, I haven't worn it 24 hours (because I don't need makeup that lasts 24 hours), so that claim may be true for all I know. However, the 100% smudge-proof results? Not so much. The first night I wore this, I definitely noticed some minor smudging and even a bit of flaking to boot.

It mentions something about curling, but in my experience, I didn't see a lot of that even with and without curling my lashes before application. It does not claim to provide volumizing benefits, and that's something I don't see with this. It does lengthen them a bit, but in my personal case, that's not really something I need--I have longer lashes, they're just blonde.

I'm not impressed with this formula in the slightest. It's nice that it is a wetter one in a brown color, but for $29.50 and something I should really only be using for about 3 months (though, let's be honest, many of us use it well beyond that for our own personal collections regardless of whether or not we "should,") I know there's much better out there.

Would not repurchase, will be returning.

Pros:

- Available in three colors (black, brown, and navy)
- Non-scented
- Did not upset sensitive eyes
- Lengthens slightly
- "Wetter" formula (for those that prefer it)

Cons:

- Expensive at $29.50 (I realize this is a high-end brand, however)
- Does not separate lashes like it claims
- Not smudgeproof per claims
- Lashes clump easily
- Minor flaking
- "Wetter" formula (for those that prefer drier formulas)

on 3/18/2016 6:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Good at separating. Unfortunately its hard to get off again.

on 2/25/2016 5:27:00 PM

I am on my 4th tube of this, its the only mascara that coats my lashes but doesnt crust them. There is none of that 'hard' feeling, your eyelashes stay fluffy, for a lack of a better word.

Popular Mascaras