Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer (All Shades)

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer (All Shades)

3.9

Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Octyldodecanol, Beeswax, Talc, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-):Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499).

on 6/10/2016 7:19:00 PM

I love this product and was very surprised to read anything other than rave reviews.
I have vanilla and it is the perfect shade for my skin, it doesn't settle into creases and it really brightens my eyes without being too heavy.
I would say the lightweight of this formula in conjunction with the great coverage is the best thing about this product. I hate concealers, like Nars, which you can feel under your eyes. For someone my age I feel a heavy concealer often does more harm than good and this concealer is exactly the opposite of heavy.
I cannot recommend it enough

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like that it's creamy and easy to apply. It's not incredibly fake looking which is important but, it isn't very pretty either. Maybe it's just not that brightening or I don't have the right color, it's possible that it does fade or oxidize a bit. I used this concealer just around the eye area, I might try it on other areas.

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At first, I was unimpressed with is concealer until I really learned how to work with it and now I LOVE it. I am 38 with dry, fair skin (a bit lighter than NC15 and not as yellow) and I have the color Fair which has neutral undertones.

For me the key is using a brush (I use the Hourglass concealer brush) to swipe across the stick and then lightly PAT on the areas that need it. It is pretty pigmented and needs to be built in VERY THIN layers. If you do it this way, it won't crease (and I should know, remember I'm 38). It is drier than creamy concealers (much like cle de peau which I didn't have a good color match in) and that helps keep it in place also. If you swipe thick lines on your face, it will not stay in place. Also, if you use your fingers, it won't get that even, thin coverage. It really needs a brush. Once you know this, it apples very quickly.

I use it as a base for eyeshadow, under eye, around my nose and on the occasional spot and it works for all applications. I like to set it with the Ambient Lighting powder (pressed on, not brushed) and it lasts all day.

Ugh, another extremely over priced product that just doesn't do its job. This is a low 3 if that.
If you have dry under eyes this stuff will look horrendous (VERY DRYING). Its a very thick consistency. The shade is good though. I use shade natural for my NC20 skin.
I'll use this stuff up for problem areas because it was so darn expensive but I will not repurchase it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm still a little undecided about this product. It's very nice and creamy, making it easy to blend. However, I just don't feel like this offers the coverage I need for my under eye circles, which are not even that bad! It's a nice concealer if my circles aren't bad that day. The packaging is nice and easy to carry around for touch ups. It does settle into my under eye creases though no matter how much setting powder and primer I use, which is disappointing. Not sure if I'll repurchase, but I will use up the tube.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW13. True Summer coloring.

I purchased this on a whim at Sephora. I was trying on random face products, and was shocked to see that Vanilla seemed to be a match for my skin tone, which is hard to find.

It blended it very well and layered well, I used my fingers. I applied to my under eyes and acne scarring, and it layered well with both. I would say it covered 80% of my under eye circles and scars.

I have only worn once, and will updated this review after more wears.

UPDATE: I changed to 3 stars and would not repurchase. Note: application of this product looks better when dabbing and blending with fingers, might have to do with the wax warming up in the hands, because this looks very dry and patchy when using a brush. I am less convinced this is a great color match, because it tends to oxidize on me, and looks oranger/darker later on in the day. Also, the coverage fades after a few hours. I especially noticed this, because when I reapplied due to faded coverage, the newly applied is lighter than the worn product.

So meh, nothing special after all.

on 9/22/2014 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this to cover acne and scarring. My skin type is combo (very oily tzone with big pores and very dry cheeks). Overall great concealer for people with patches of acne. I use a light mineral foundation and this product to spot conceal.

It works very well with redness or active acne. Does not look good when applied to drier scabby acne (but nothing does...). I agree with other reviewers that the texture is dry overall, so be careful of applying it on dry thin skin. Doesn't do great over big pores, doesn't magnify them but also doesn't fill them in. The coverage is very good. I do need to do two layers on darker scars. The thick texture really helps it stick to skin though.

I like the color range because I'm Asian and it's VERY yellow, I could do with more yellow undertones too! I use color Tan. I should also mention, this concealer has a waxy smell that lingers.

As for price, it's ridiculous. I paid $32 at Sephora and this makes me reconsider purchasing again.. however since this is the best spot concealer I have found (so far) and it agrees with my sensitive skin. I will probably repurchase

on 8/23/2014 4:23:00 AM

I find this to be too thick for the eye area but pretty good everywhere else. Its very creamy but i just don't find it to be as fine in texture as CdP. Their color range is pretty good but it just looks cakey and emphasises fine lines. By the end of the day its in the lines and not much is left. I think a primer helps a little but ultimately this is not for me. I still prefer CdP and for liquid concealers I like the Dior Sculpt the best. Both of these are finer in texture and stay for the day. As for face concealing, I have yet to find something better than Revlon Photoready concealer, which wears like lead on my combo skin, not for the eye area though since its way too drying. I think drier skins may prefer this concealer and someone that has virtually no lines. This also has a really short shelf life, it started to smelly waxy after about 6 months.

on 8/22/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

It came time to hunt down a new under eye concealer; I have luggage LV would envy. I rarely if ever break out, so all I need is something to alleviate the circles and puffiness. Well, cover them at least.
I have used Cle de Peau, and a stick will last me 2 years. Unfortunately the last one I bought was 2 years ago. I don't have that kind of $ to replace it, so I tried the Hourglass in the store.
Texture is creamy, blends well, has a bit of a glow and the coverage is decent. I am NC20-25 and went with Natural; unfortunately not a number of shades to choose from. I don't find it drying, but I also use a bit of eye cream under the eye area. If you prefer stick type concealers this is a decent option, and 1/2 the price of CDP.

on 3/23/2014 12:29:00 PM

This concealer is very nice, and does a good job of covering the occasional red spot or blemish.

I had bought this for my under eye area, and wanted to love it, but it was not a good match for me. It creases and dries out like crazy under my eyes. The lightest shade looked peachy and strangely dark in my under eye area, probably because my circles are purple/ blue and very difficult to cover.

I used this with mally beauty under eye primer, and tried it with smashbox under eye primer, but neither one of these could help this product not to settle in and crease, and did not stop it from really drying the under eye area.