Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

4.7

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 3/19/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really enjoy this tinted moisturiser. I use a small amount under my foundation and it gives a lovely 'lit from within' look to my skin. I am very fair and pink (NW15) and I bought Bare Radiance. It is quite shimmery ( in a good way) and it looks great used as a highlighter on my cheekbones for a night out. Gives me a bit of a glow. I haven't used it alone yet but will probably do so come the summer months.
It is expensive but as with everything else I do think you get what you pay for. I have recently had a make up clear out and replaced my huge amount of cheap, not so great make up with fewer better quality essentials (I'll review them all now) and when I added up the cost of both piles, overall its definitely more economical to buy less, better quality products. Its great quality and there's a large amount in the tube so I think it will last a while.

on 9/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too thought this was too sparkly, but a dusting of blot powder immediately takes care of the shine. now it's my go-to TM. I will buy again

on 7/15/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is one of my absolute favourite tinted moisturisers. i don't use it for everyday wear as the gorgeous glow it gives you plays best on sunny days or after dark imo. it's a lovely formulation that goes on smoothly and evenly and brightens your skin in the most flattering way, highlighting the high points of your face. it definitely gives you a glow but without any oily shine, shimmer, sparkle or glitter - and for that it's worth the cost.
my only reservation is that while the tint does a good job of covering skin flaws, the illuminating effect tends to play up large pores, so a bit more preparation or finishing may be needed for those areas, but that's a small price to pay for the overall effect of lovely glowing skin.

on 5/29/2011 4:35:00 PM

I love this illuminating Tinted Moisturizer in natural. I use it as my make up base over my concealers. My skin is good enough so that I look glowy without looking like a disco ball. Highly recommend!!!!

on 4/28/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

A few months ago I had the experience of sitting in a large hall with 5 busloads of French men and women over 40 for several hours. I noticed that most of the women looked vibrant and youthful despite the lack of obvious plastic surgery. I tried to see if I could determine their secret and it dawned on me that most of them were wearing far less makeup than the average American, and that many had glowing skin (being uniformly thin and having certain fashion flair didnt hurt either). I talked to several of the women, who told me that they wore little makeup but spent money on facials, face creams,etc. I was so impressed, that I decided to re-think my makeup strategy.

I had tried TMs years before, but had dismissed them as not having enough coverae. But now, thanks to meticulous skin care and Renova, my skin isn't bad. I had heard good things about Laura Mercier TM and headed to Sephora. I initially bought both the regular and illuminating TM, thinking that the illuminating would be too shiny or sparkly. I mixed them together for awhile and was pleased with the results.

Then, two weeks ago I started using only the illuminating TM I use Bare. And boy did the compliments begin! I do not find it too shiny for my 52 year old skin, it gives a nice glow. Very minimal coverage, my imperfections still show through, but are minimized and softened. I put it on over my moisturizer/sun screen and a little concealer around my eyes only. I have been using a little blush and just a light dusting of powder over my T zone. I might apply more if I were looking for a more polished work look, but I don't wear much makup to work, I am a nurse and it wears off from the mask I often wear. I really am glowing! In a good way! I apply it with the sonia kashuk blue sponge, sort of dabbing it on. I don't have to use much, so I imagine it will last awhile, which is good since it is somewhat expensive. I also wish it were in a little pump bottle rather than a tube, but a minor point. Overall, I'd rate this very highly and recommend it to my 50+ friends. I love the way my skin looks so much better and more youthful!

UPDATE: I still like this product, but no longer wear it alone. Rather, I mix it with the regular TM or other foundation for all-over use, or use by itself over the cheekbone area. I like it by itself indoors, but outdoors it's just too shiny

ONE YEAR LATER: I am still using this, which is a miracle for me, as I change makeup approaches frequently. I still mix this with a matte TM (either Mercier or Sonia Kashuk). I generally wear it with a bit of Tarte cheek stain and get loads of compliments on my skin. I am wearing less makeup than ever before, and feel like I look younger. I am careful not to use too much of this when outdoors in the sun, but indoors it's fantastic. Have re-bought once.

on 3/3/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've been using this for a couple of years. I use it all year long. I apply eye cream and moisturizer first (I'm very dry). It blends amazingly and I get complements often on how great my skin looks; natural but glowy. If it's warm or humid, I use loose powder on my T-zone. Then I mist a couple of pumps of water over my face and let that dry.

I have used it with Laura Mercier primer when I want a more finished/foundation type look.

on 9/16/2010 7:33:00 PM

I just received this in "Bare" and couldn't wait to put it on my face. Being over 50, I'm all about the "glow" and hydration. This stuff is a MUST HAVE for ladies my age! I am blessed with good skin, and it gives me the right coverage and such a pretty glow - I don't see glitter at all. I tried half of my face with just this product, then the other half with this and some mineral powder over it. What can I say? Both halves of my face looked gorgeous! Tomorrow, I'm trying it mixed with a little liquid foundation, just to see the "look". This is perfect for my lifestyle - love it!