Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 4/3/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a little more coverage after wearing mineral foundation for a long time and thought I'd get better coverage with a tinted foundation. So I read on the Sephora website reviews about the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and went and bought it and brought it home and was extremely disappointed. I am acne prone and I believe it was supposed to not break me out according to the sales clerk- but it did break me out, terribly, and it felt like a face full of makeup sitting on my face because to get it to absorb all the way you have to rub it in to the point where there is no longer any tint or coverage. I don't recommend it. I actually got more coverage and my skin was better with different mineral makeups and if you want more coverage then that the Dior bb cream was really good and the Clinique acne liquid is awesome and I just bought it and love it, and I actually.. with certain powders.. can get full coverage and they don't clog my pores because they are non acnegenic or non comedogenic, so I have this one and another expensive Tinted Moisturizer from Perricone that also broke me out that I will not use. I Do not recommend this for people who have oily or combination or acne-prone skin.

on 3/19/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really enjoy this tinted moisturiser. I use a small amount under my foundation and it gives a lovely 'lit from within' look to my skin. I am very fair and pink (NW15) and I bought Bare Radiance. It is quite shimmery ( in a good way) and it looks great used as a highlighter on my cheekbones for a night out. Gives me a bit of a glow. I haven't used it alone yet but will probably do so come the summer months.
It is expensive but as with everything else I do think you get what you pay for. I have recently had a make up clear out and replaced my huge amount of cheap, not so great make up with fewer better quality essentials (I'll review them all now) and when I added up the cost of both piles, overall its definitely more economical to buy less, better quality products. Its great quality and there's a large amount in the tube so I think it will last a while.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my holy grail. I looked forever for a tinted moisturizer that wasn't too sheer or had too much pink or orange in it, but still provided enough coverage to cover mild skin imperfections. I suffer from melasma/hyperpigmentation, but I personally do not care for the look of foundation and have always used a product such as BareMinerals for this reason. I want it to look like my skin, only better. Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer accomplishes this mission perfectly, albeit expensively. It provides a lovely finish that looks amazing even in professional photos and covers imperfections impressively for not being a foundation. You do not need additional highlighting, as this provides the perfect glow with no additional products. If you find you have too much shine, just swipe a little translucent powder on your t-zone and you are all set. A little bit goes a long way, and I think the folks that experience too much shine might be using too much or are using an additional product to highlight, which can wind up making you look greasy. I literally use a tiny squeeze, rub my hands together and apply right over my daytime moisturizer. (I live in a dry climate, so I double up.) I use this under BareMinerals when I want a little more coverage, but this is pretty effective on its own. I couldn't be happier with this and I hope they never quit making it. If you read the ratings by the Cosmetics Cop on Beautypedia, you'll see this has a rating of "BEST". There is a reason for this! I do recommend getting some samples from Sephora and taking them home to try out the colors if you aren't sure, because it is pricey. But even if you get a color that is too dark, you can still make it work just by adding some moisturizer to sheer it out a little. It is on the expensive side, but it truly is amazing! I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is one of my secrets!

UPDATE: This is still my favorite tinted moisturizer. I tried TheBalm's Balm Shelter and the color range is lacking and my skin didn't look as happy, so I returned it. I hope LM never stops making this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Received a generous sample of this and tested it immediately. Unfortunately, the lightest shade, Bare Radiance, is FAR too dark for my fair skin. Although I'd already applied moisturizer and mascara before applying this, I was forced to throughly scrub my face after using this. It simultaneously turned my skin dark orange and yellow. It applied like a full-face bronzer/illuminator, despite being marketed as a tinted moisturizer.

I cannot comment on wear and general longevity because I washed it off immediately, but I found the coverage to be rather heavy. It covered hyper-pigmentation and left my skin more matte than dewy.

I am a fan of Laura Mercier products, but I am not a fan of this product. And I don't see how anyone with fair skin could wear this.

on 4/1/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

As much I as LOVE the LM radiance primer I thought I would love this equally. Well, I bought this on a whim without actually reading the ingredients (which I NEVER do) thinking it was probably pretty similar to the primer....with tint. WRONG! So wrong! One of the MAIN ingredients in this product is Dimethicone. And it also contains PEG/PPG-10/1...which is literally plastic and horrible for your skin! For me, this was just a breakout waiting to happen...and that is exactly what DID happen! I threw my box out as soon as I purchased....but I knew I changed nothing in my routine besides this....so after I looked up the ingredients, I wasn't shocked by the breakout! I am shocked this actually works for as many people as it does, after checking that list! The reason for my rating not being lower is the finish is beautiful, and I do see this being a great TM for someone who doesn't have issues with said ingredients. I don't consider this a loss, because I just added it to my kit.....but I don't foresee myself repurchasing it, even for that purpose.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a big-time HG for me. I don't wear it as a tinted moisturizer, but rather as a highlighter on top of my foundation, focused around my cheekbones and forehead. I think it would be too shimmery to wear as a foundation, but is divine as an illuminator. Excellent small range of colors. I'd probably put this in my top five current makeup table staples. Added bonus: You get a TON or product. One tube will last me a year. Will repurchase forever.

on 9/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too thought this was too sparkly, but a dusting of blot powder immediately takes care of the shine. now it's my go-to TM. I will buy again

on 7/15/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is one of my absolute favourite tinted moisturisers. i don't use it for everyday wear as the gorgeous glow it gives you plays best on sunny days or after dark imo. it's a lovely formulation that goes on smoothly and evenly and brightens your skin in the most flattering way, highlighting the high points of your face. it definitely gives you a glow but without any oily shine, shimmer, sparkle or glitter - and for that it's worth the cost.
my only reservation is that while the tint does a good job of covering skin flaws, the illuminating effect tends to play up large pores, so a bit more preparation or finishing may be needed for those areas, but that's a small price to pay for the overall effect of lovely glowing skin.

on 5/12/2013 12:54:00 PM

I got a sample of this when i bought a perfume from LM. I must admit, I was never very interested in trying it since I don't care for the glowy look. So I ended up putting it away and almost forgetting about it.
However, one day when my skin looked terribly dull I decided to try applying this under my matte foundation and hope that a little glow would show through just where I wanted it.
This product really took me by surprise! It looked AMAZING and I ended up not wanting to put any foundation over it! Though beeing sheer it does a really good job making my skin look even and fresh. :)
Now I can't wait to get the full size tube and have beautiful skin all summer long! :D
I have fair scandinavian skin and use the lightest shade, bare radiance.

on 4/16/2013 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love love love this product!
However, I could totally see how not everyone will love this. It is shimmery...do I think it's unwearable? Absolutely not, but I think it's a matter of preference.
It's a tiny bit shiny on the tzone for me, but if you powder it's no big deal.
I have very dry skin, and this didn't highlight that.
This is probably my favorite Tinted Moisturizer I've ever tried, it's a little pricey at around $45, but totally worth it in my opinion, to have natural looking glowing beautiful skin!
I would absolutely recommend this product, it's totally worth dropping by your local counter and getting a free sample!
By the way, I applied this with a brush, not my fingers, and I really think that this formula does better with a brush, not your fingers.