Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.2

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a fabulous product, at 61 I needed to change my makeup (long time mineral powder girl). LM Illum (Bare Radiance) provides a wonderful glow when I mix it with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (Nude). It's been 15 years since I've made a major change. I used Bare Escentuals and Estée Lauder foundation on important engagements. When I use a foundation now -it almost looks overdone. This tinted moisturizer provides a more natural look. And, I LOVE makeup and believe in enhancing our look as we age but in a subtle fashion at this point.

on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.

on 1/17/2014 12:58:00 AM

I really like this tinted moisturiser. It is perfect for when i don't feel like foundation. It gives me a good coverage and a nice glow. I prefer the texture of the Illuminating over the normal Laura Mercier becuse it feels smoother on my skin.

on 4/30/2013 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I heart this stuff. I have very dry skin and this stuff makes it GLOW like no other.

I do not heart the price.

That is all.

:-D

on 4/26/2013 11:54:00 PM

Holy moly sparkles! I was expecting something 'wet looking', like a high end version of Etude's Pure Nymph Aura but this is just plain shiny and oily, suffocating my already oily skin. Returned it promptly. Not for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: I'm about halfway through the tube and I'm finding myself more dissatisfied with this product's short wear life especially in warmer weather. Still, it's proving very versatile. I've been wearing it as a sunscreen/primer, stippling over it with Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, and sprinkling Too Faced Primed and Poreless Loose Powder. The effect is gorgeous, very beautiful polished skin but remarkably natural. In the office, a co-worker stared at me and finally asked, "Are you wearing makeup?" This application wears longer and is more easily maintained than the TM by itself.

Original Review:
FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

I wear this product in Bare Radiance. It's a shade too deep for me, but it gives me an attractive, fair bronzed look, more "healthy" than "sun-kissed." I love LM products and am rarely disappointed in them. This product is unusually good and works pretty well for me.

It applies like a creamy lotion and the luminous finish gives surprising coverage. I reach for this product when I don't want to bother with concealer, just smooth on with fingers over oil-free primer, pat gently under eyes, and set with matte, oil-free powder. A light neutral lip gloss and I'm done. No other makeup. It gives me a healthy, radiant look and yes, it camouflages dark circles and red discoloration pretty well. Not invisible, but definitely minimized and less obvious.

If you are used to matte or ultra-matte looks, the dewy "glow" might overwhelm you. It doesn't look "fake" or "Twilight-ish" to me, and I apply this TM all over my face. That said, it's not matte or satin. It is luminous and that's what it looks like. I suggest sampling it and wearing a few times before deciding on whether it's the right look for you.

I dislike a few things about it. I think it would be better in a pump bottle or pump tube so consumers could control the application. In excessive heat (natural or artificial) it "separates" on my skin and looks patchy. The wear is decent for TM. I get about 5-6 hours good wear out of it, by lunch time I need to blot and brush on a little powder foundation to extend wear through the workday. Without the touch-up it deteriorates to greasy shine territory. If I were ten years younger -- with very oily skin -- I could never have tolerated this product.

I'm not sure how well this product photographs. It's pretty dewy, so I can't imagine it looking good in photos. Probably not the best choice for wearing to weddings or at events where one is likely to be photographed or filmed.

Also, as much as I like it, I don't believe it's worth $43. I cringe at paying so much for this, especially due to the poor wear time. But I don't think there's another comparable product on the market so I'll definitely purchase again.

on 6/18/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I truly hated this and sold mine on eBay!

I have ordinary skin: a little dry on the cheeks and a little pimply on the chin but not oily. I wanted to love this product but it made me look SO sweaty and greasy.

Even if I only used a little and blended it with my fingers I looked like a teenage oil slick.Once I went out with a tiny dab on my forehead and nose and I couldn't wait to get home again and wash my face. Pure shine, no fun.

on 3/26/2012 11:50:00 AM

Laura Mercier does lovely things with many products. I fell in love with this in the store because the shimmer balance seemed subtle and the color was beautiful. For those with small pores and fairly even skin tone I can see it being a great purchase. Unfortunately for me my pores are not so blessed and there's something about the composition of it that clings to any dryness and accentuates the look of flaking. If worn on its' own it makes me look oily but if worn underneath a foundation with a bit more coverage it shimmers through and gives a dewy glow. Don't buy this if you have combination skin and are looking for a stand alone moisturizer with coverage. Do buy as a product that enhances another.

I'd suggest buying the travel sized version and using it in combination with your daily foundation. The full sized tube is A LOT of product.

on 3/18/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to get a tm that would give me that 'lit from within' glow, and this is my hg as far as that goes! Im in love...

Edit: I have owned and worn this for at least a week and am very pleased that it does not break me out. I will say that this TM makes me look really shiny thoughout the say, so I mix it with one of my other TM's (I have like 5 lmao) so that it cuts down on the shimmer and shinyness. I really like this..just wish that it was cheaper.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like most of us, I've tried all kinds of foundations looking to make my skin "dewy" and "glowy", etc. This tinted moisturizer does the trick! I use it over the Laura Mercier illuminating primer (not sure of hte name at the moment) and the combination is wonderful. Many compliments. I finally found something that makes my almost-60-year-old skin look youngish. (I inherited great skin genes, lucky me, but still, at 58, one needs lots of help!) After using this, I'd never buy anything else.