Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.2

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an illuminating tinted moisturizer. Don't purcase it if you are looking for something to impart a subtle glow to your face because this stuff packs power.

I bought this after watching someone on youtube use it. I wanted a tinted moisturizer and I've been succiesful with Laura Mercier's oil free version, but my skin was looking lack luster do to stress and I wanted something to give me a nice healthy glow. The color selection is a little odd but I went with natural radience which was a decent match for my light medium skin tone. This tinted moistirizer gave me a nice glow for sure and it definitely made my skin look more alive but it tends to look greasy through out the day. I also noticed that blushes with a lot of shimmer, such as NARS orgasm, look beautiful with this moisturizer, but blushes with less shimmer look artificial. Basically, if you are going to wear this moisturizer you are going to need to commit. It's all or nothing!

on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.

on 3/15/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh dear, this does not work for me at all. Thick and glittery with strange orange undertones, it highlights all the imperfections of my actually-fairly-okay skin. I bought it after reading a rave review by The Guardian's Sali Hughes. We're about the same age, I think, and she knows her stuff. But now I realise she must have very fine, dry skin, and for those skin types, this possibly does work well. If you have even one visible pore, forget it. This managed to pick out pores I can't even see when I'm not wearing makeup! We all want our skin to look dewy, but if yours is naturally oily, you probably just don't need something with this much shimmer. It's like putting highlighter all over your face. I think that's how I'm going to treat this, actually - will mix with my usual LM Tinted Moisturiser as a cheekbone highlight. Sadly, I can't think of any other use for it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is super shimmery and I don't see how people can use this all over without looking like the Tin Man. It is however gorgeous as a highlighter. And I've found that it really helps to brighten up my eyes when I pat it over my undereye concealer. Would work on your cheekbones too and gives an instant gorgeous glow!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This gotta be my favorite formula for Laura Mercier TM. I have dry skin so it is rather on the dull at times. There is a glow-y and pearly-finish with this formula. I applied this all over my face after the hydrating primer and it didn't look like a disco ball.

Another use would be to add this formula to another foundation or tinted moisturizer or just use it as a highlighter.

I don't think this would be a bad purchase either way cause you can still find a way to use it. It will last longer if you use it as a highlighter and in a long run, it saves money.

Compared to Stila's, I prefer this formula. Stila's has more shimmers to their illuminating tinted moisturizer and it's as moisturizing.

I applied this over LM Hydrating primer and still no issue with the glow. A definite repurchasing.

on 3/20/2013 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this for months and growing to like it more and more. I prefer this to the tinted primer which i only tested in the store because the tinted moisturizer is more luminious. I only use this on the dry areas of my face (combination skin), my cheek areas. Sometimes i mix it with something not luminious to mute it alittle. I love the glow it gives me. When i first got this, i made the mistake of applying it all over my face, and my T zone looked disgustingly greasy. Do not use this on oily areas.

I live in a humid climate and this did not give me any problems and stayed on well throughout the day. I am NC25-30 and the shade bare radiance match perfectly.

I could hardly detect the light scent, which is pleasant. Its a light creamy texture, sets quickly and feels great on. Does not feel heavy, overall really liked this even though you most probably be able to mix a normal foundation with alittle liquid highlighter to get the same results.

on 1/16/2013 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I had I high hopes for this product since I have been using the regular tinted moisturizer SPF 20 in sand for 7 years. This product was disgusting! It was too heavy and glittery on its own and when mixed with foundations. I bought golden radiance for my nc 40 skin and it just looked oily and came out as a muddy color on me. Not sure what the purpose this product is trying to fulfill but I had to return mine. Such an expensive product for no benefit to the face whatsoever.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am all for the dewy, glowy look. This product delivers none of that. The finish is also different from the regular Laura Mercier TM (the latter is better, more hydrated-looking).
In the store lighting, the "shimmer" seemed relatively finely milled and not at all OTT. Yes, i could see it, but it wasn't so blatant. On my face? Ew. I bought it to mix into foundation--omg. This is gross. The shimmer is more like glitter specks, not as large as say, NARS multiples, of course, but definitely there, not subtle--visible from a talking distance.
Yes, I mixed it a dollop into foundation as Sephora SA and reviews here advised--the end result was the same as Revlon Photoready--the Cullen-esque sparkle in it was similar, except Laura Mercier's TM gives a bit larger sized sparkle than PR!! On its own, it looks really looked bad, my face looks better with nothing on. It's a disgrace to pay so much for a product and find that it's so utterly not worth it VERY mediocre product, the price and brand name makes you believe it's better than it is. I even get better results mixing High Beam into foundation! I tried this several times--even just being indoors, near an open window, the sparkle is rather obvious and not in a good way. Will be returning this, thank God I have the option. I WANTED to like this--i have never before returned anything to Sephora, especially as I'm quite timid, i usually find a way to make the products work. This will be an unprecedented act driven by utter disgust.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm very happy with this. I am realizing I have to use some type of coverage and need spf, this gives both. I typically wear her loose mineral powder fndtn in rich vanilla, and picked this up in warm radiance. A tad lighter but works and covers up my ruddiness perfectly. Yes it is shimmery, but in an illuminating way, not a MAC or NARS Orgasm kind of way. Blend with another product if you prefer to tone it down. I really prefer it alone, for a special night out. I've worn it during the daylight hours and no comments re: the illuminating factor. I think it's lovely, really. My fiance has an eagles eye for shimmer or anything unnatural looking and this got the thumbs up from him. Coverage is sheer and you may have to layer. I am okay at picking out shades online, and am happy I tried it out in the store first to get the right match. I highly recommend doing so to confirm if it's too much illumination for you as well as for a match. The shimmer seems to lighten the shades a tad and that may or may not work for you. I don't use this all over. I concentrate it in all the areas they recommend for "brightening"--around nasolabial folds, orbital bone, brows, cupids bow, cheek bones, between brows. I may or may not use on nose, depends on how dressed up I'm going, but if I use all over, I'll use a bit of a powder in some areas to tone down.

I was raised a no-base-makeup girl, no one in my family wore base make up, it was considered a waste of money and bad for your skin. LM has changed all that for me. She really has the market cornered on base coverage. If you want perfect skin (or atleast the illusion of) go for LM. Price-wise, there are far more expensive products on the market that do no deliver. Her line consistently does. Worth every penny.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I only had to test it on the back of my hand to tell that if I put it on my face, I'd look as sparkly as a twilight vampire in the sun. Other than that, it is a little more sheer than the nars pure radiant TM but it is really a great TM (that is if you don't mind the sparkle)