Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.8

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a fabulous product, at 61 I needed to change my makeup (long time mineral powder girl). LM Illum (Bare Radiance) provides a wonderful glow when I mix it with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (Nude). It's been 15 years since I've made a major change. I used Bare Escentuals and Estée Lauder foundation on important engagements. When I use a foundation now -it almost looks overdone. This tinted moisturizer provides a more natural look. And, I LOVE makeup and believe in enhancing our look as we age but in a subtle fashion at this point.

I bought this in golden radiance and it is a wonderful moisturizer with great coverage which is hard to find in most tinted moisturizers. It's light weight yet adds a real sheer to the skin without looking too overdone. This product is however on the pricey side and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for matte flawless coverage since it is quite dewy.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my holy grail. I looked forever for a tinted moisturizer that wasn't too sheer or had too much pink or orange in it, but still provided enough coverage to cover mild skin imperfections. I suffer from melasma/hyperpigmentation, but I personally do not care for the look of foundation and have always used a product such as BareMinerals for this reason. I want it to look like my skin, only better. Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer accomplishes this mission perfectly, albeit expensively. It provides a lovely finish that looks amazing even in professional photos and covers imperfections impressively for not being a foundation. You do not need additional highlighting, as this provides the perfect glow with no additional products. If you find you have too much shine, just swipe a little translucent powder on your t-zone and you are all set. A little bit goes a long way, and I think the folks that experience too much shine might be using too much or are using an additional product to highlight, which can wind up making you look greasy. I literally use a tiny squeeze, rub my hands together and apply right over my daytime moisturizer. (I live in a dry climate, so I double up.) I use this under BareMinerals when I want a little more coverage, but this is pretty effective on its own. I couldn't be happier with this and I hope they never quit making it. If you read the ratings by the Cosmetics Cop on Beautypedia, you'll see this has a rating of "BEST". There is a reason for this! I do recommend getting some samples from Sephora and taking them home to try out the colors if you aren't sure, because it is pricey. But even if you get a color that is too dark, you can still make it work just by adding some moisturizer to sheer it out a little. It is on the expensive side, but it truly is amazing! I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is one of my secrets!

UPDATE: This is still my favorite tinted moisturizer. I tried TheBalm's Balm Shelter and the color range is lacking and my skin didn't look as happy, so I returned it. I hope LM never stops making this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Received a generous sample of this and tested it immediately. Unfortunately, the lightest shade, Bare Radiance, is FAR too dark for my fair skin. Although I'd already applied moisturizer and mascara before applying this, I was forced to throughly scrub my face after using this. It simultaneously turned my skin dark orange and yellow. It applied like a full-face bronzer/illuminator, despite being marketed as a tinted moisturizer.

I cannot comment on wear and general longevity because I washed it off immediately, but I found the coverage to be rather heavy. It covered hyper-pigmentation and left my skin more matte than dewy.

I am a fan of Laura Mercier products, but I am not a fan of this product. And I don't see how anyone with fair skin could wear this.

on 4/1/2014 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

As much I as LOVE the LM radiance primer I thought I would love this equally. Well, I bought this on a whim without actually reading the ingredients (which I NEVER do) thinking it was probably pretty similar to the primer....with tint. WRONG! So wrong! One of the MAIN ingredients in this product is Dimethicone. And it also contains PEG/PPG-10/1...which is literally plastic and horrible for your skin! For me, this was just a breakout waiting to happen...and that is exactly what DID happen! I threw my box out as soon as I purchased....but I knew I changed nothing in my routine besides this....so after I looked up the ingredients, I wasn't shocked by the breakout! I am shocked this actually works for as many people as it does, after checking that list! The reason for my rating not being lower is the finish is beautiful, and I do see this being a great TM for someone who doesn't have issues with said ingredients. I don't consider this a loss, because I just added it to my kit.....but I don't foresee myself repurchasing it, even for that purpose.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is super shimmery and I don't see how people can use this all over without looking like the Tin Man. It is however gorgeous as a highlighter. And I've found that it really helps to brighten up my eyes when I pat it over my undereye concealer. Would work on your cheekbones too and gives an instant gorgeous glow!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This gotta be my favorite formula for Laura Mercier TM. I have dry skin so it is rather on the dull at times. There is a glow-y and pearly-finish with this formula. I applied this all over my face after the hydrating primer and it didn't look like a disco ball.

Another use would be to add this formula to another foundation or tinted moisturizer or just use it as a highlighter.

I don't think this would be a bad purchase either way cause you can still find a way to use it. It will last longer if you use it as a highlighter and in a long run, it saves money.

Compared to Stila's, I prefer this formula. Stila's has more shimmers to their illuminating tinted moisturizer and it's as moisturizing.

I applied this over LM Hydrating primer and still no issue with the glow. A definite repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: I'm about halfway through the tube and I'm finding myself more dissatisfied with this product's short wear life especially in warmer weather. Still, it's proving very versatile. I've been wearing it as a sunscreen/primer, stippling over it with Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, and sprinkling Too Faced Primed and Poreless Loose Powder. The effect is gorgeous, very beautiful polished skin but remarkably natural. In the office, a co-worker stared at me and finally asked, "Are you wearing makeup?" This application wears longer and is more easily maintained than the TM by itself.

Original Review:
FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

I wear this product in Bare Radiance. It's a shade too deep for me, but it gives me an attractive, fair bronzed look, more "healthy" than "sun-kissed." I love LM products and am rarely disappointed in them. This product is unusually good and works pretty well for me.

It applies like a creamy lotion and the luminous finish gives surprising coverage. I reach for this product when I don't want to bother with concealer, just smooth on with fingers over oil-free primer, pat gently under eyes, and set with matte, oil-free powder. A light neutral lip gloss and I'm done. No other makeup. It gives me a healthy, radiant look and yes, it camouflages dark circles and red discoloration pretty well. Not invisible, but definitely minimized and less obvious.

If you are used to matte or ultra-matte looks, the dewy "glow" might overwhelm you. It doesn't look "fake" or "Twilight-ish" to me, and I apply this TM all over my face. That said, it's not matte or satin. It is luminous and that's what it looks like. I suggest sampling it and wearing a few times before deciding on whether it's the right look for you.

I dislike a few things about it. I think it would be better in a pump bottle or pump tube so consumers could control the application. In excessive heat (natural or artificial) it "separates" on my skin and looks patchy. The wear is decent for TM. I get about 5-6 hours good wear out of it, by lunch time I need to blot and brush on a little powder foundation to extend wear through the workday. Without the touch-up it deteriorates to greasy shine territory. If I were ten years younger -- with very oily skin -- I could never have tolerated this product.

I'm not sure how well this product photographs. It's pretty dewy, so I can't imagine it looking good in photos. Probably not the best choice for wearing to weddings or at events where one is likely to be photographed or filmed.

Also, as much as I like it, I don't believe it's worth $43. I cringe at paying so much for this, especially due to the poor wear time. But I don't think there's another comparable product on the market so I'll definitely purchase again.

on 3/24/2012 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I took ages to finally buy this really expensive product for fear the colour would be wrong and it would end up in the dumping ground or the unwanted makeup drawer! Finally I took the plunge, thankfully ignoring the sales assistant's advice to get the darker shade, and purchased Bare Radiance. It is a little dark so you have to limit yourself, if you want any coverage I think you should just go for foundation as the more you try to build it up is goes a bit orangey. The pros: it is so natural looking that you could fake it as being your own skin albeit with a bit of shimmer, it is really moisturising on dry skin, handy for the summer/weekends when you're too lazy to apply foundation. The cons: way to expensive, I think a smaller, cheaper version would be great as the tube is massive and will last for ages - given that you can only add a relatively small amount too (for pale skin). I hope to get my skin in better condition, as I also have to add concealer and powder on the nose at the moment, so I can wear less make up as I am sick of the cake face look...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have mixed feelings about this product. On the plus side, this tinted moisturizer is fragrance free and non-irritating on my sensitive and sometimes acne prone skin. It contains several antioxidants, which are beneficial in a daytime moisturizer. It gives a dewy, healthy glow to my skin, without looking glittery or greasy. It is fairly expensive, but a little goes a long way. I like that it contains an SPF, but wish it was higher than 20 and did not contain synthetic sunscreen actives (such as avorbenzone). The Warm Radiance color blends nicely with my medium, light olive skin tone and foundation. On the downside, this product does not adequately moisturize my dry skin. I use actives and peels that cause periodic flaking. I sometimes require a more intensive moisturizer under this product, even in the hot, humid summer, to help prevent dry, flaky patches of skin. I definitely could not use this as a stand alone moisturizer in the winter. If your skin is in the normal to slightly dry range, this may be a good product for you. If my skin ever gets to a normal place again, this product might function great as a moisturizer. As much as I like the way this product makes my skin look, I can get the same result from mixing a tiny amount of a good highlighter with my foundation. Despite my noted reservations, I like this product more than other tinted moisturizers with sunscreen that I have tried in this price range.