Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.8

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a little more coverage after wearing mineral foundation for a long time and thought I'd get better coverage with a tinted foundation. So I read on the Sephora website reviews about the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and went and bought it and brought it home and was extremely disappointed. I am acne prone and I believe it was supposed to not break me out according to the sales clerk- but it did break me out, terribly, and it felt like a face full of makeup sitting on my face because to get it to absorb all the way you have to rub it in to the point where there is no longer any tint or coverage. I don't recommend it. I actually got more coverage and my skin was better with different mineral makeups and if you want more coverage then that the Dior bb cream was really good and the Clinique acne liquid is awesome and I just bought it and love it, and I actually.. with certain powders.. can get full coverage and they don't clog my pores because they are non acnegenic or non comedogenic, so I have this one and another expensive Tinted Moisturizer from Perricone that also broke me out that I will not use. I Do not recommend this for people who have oily or combination or acne-prone skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I randomly found this product's reviews on instagram and was convinced that I should try it. Laura Mercier has always been a brand for older women in my perspective and I always assume it will be more moisturizing than other similar products. Since moving back to the US from a tropical country, my skin no longer sweats as much but it requires a ton of moisturizer.

I am Asian with very light skin and using Bare Natural which is the lightest shade; it blends amazingly well to my skin. I can see how super fair people will have a hard time using this product alone—perhaps mixing it with a lighter foundation will help.

What I love about this product is its ability to moisturize without being too shiny or weight down the skin. It is my skin but better. I have mild acne spots on the cheeks that are usually red and huge. After washing my face, I apply 4 pea dots to my cheeks, forehead and chin then blend out. I haven't tried it during super dry winter days yet but I probably will add a layer of moisturizer prior if need to. Then if the blemishes are still too visible, I pat some concealer to reduce the redness. To finish up, I apply highlighter to my cheekbone, nose bridge with a dust of blush.

Would recommend testing out the swatch before purchasing. I thought my shade was Natural Radiance but nope, that was too pink and dark.

At $44/1.7fl oz. tube from Sephora, this is not cheap but I'd rather pay for a working product and suits me well than buying a ton of other products which are mediocre.

on 3/19/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really enjoy this tinted moisturiser. I use a small amount under my foundation and it gives a lovely 'lit from within' look to my skin. I am very fair and pink (NW15) and I bought Bare Radiance. It is quite shimmery ( in a good way) and it looks great used as a highlighter on my cheekbones for a night out. Gives me a bit of a glow. I haven't used it alone yet but will probably do so come the summer months.
It is expensive but as with everything else I do think you get what you pay for. I have recently had a make up clear out and replaced my huge amount of cheap, not so great make up with fewer better quality essentials (I'll review them all now) and when I added up the cost of both piles, overall its definitely more economical to buy less, better quality products. Its great quality and there's a large amount in the tube so I think it will last a while.

on 2/28/2015 11:19:00 PM

This is superb. Sits light and effortless on the skin. Seriously illuminating. Picks-up your face even on the grayest days. The consistency lends quite well to the ocassional touch-up. Quality product for the price. No other brand makes anything quite this good when it comes to tinted moisturizers.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was super impressed by this tinted moisturiser! Every other one I've used is greasy, dull, with super light watery coverage. This one has a pretty impressive but still light-weight coverage, made even more beautiful with the illumination. It's a nice luminous finish, perfect if you're looking for a glow.
I found it last all day, around 8 hours, on my normal skin type. I've also been using this underneath my heavier coverage foundations i.e Estee Lauder Double Wear for a glow.
The tube packaging is hygienic + clean cut. Amazing with the spf 20 too!!!
The only con is I wouldn't recommend this for combination/oily skin types. Maybe just on the cheek bones for a glow, but definitely not in the T-Zone! 10/10 :-)

PROS: Good coverage for a TM. Price isn't the worst. Gorgeous illuminating glow. Moisturizing satin/glow finish.

CONS: The illumination gave my wrinkles too much trouble for me to purchase. (see alternates)

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to first use L'oreal magic perfecting primer patted into pores to disguise my pores and make the foundation last longer. I let it set and I then use my spf/moisturizer and then apply foundation with a moist beauty blender sponge.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: Laura's regular TM is okay, but kind of aging in my wrinkles. I used to always go back to my L'oreal Visible Lift Serum foundation, but....I've recently found something that is the best thing for my wrinkles and pores I've EVER tried, Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF 15 foundation It's not as drying as the Visible Lift one ad better in my wrinkles. And if you want light coverage, like a TM, TheBalm Tinted Moisturizer "Balm Shelter" is beautiful on skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a big-time HG for me. I don't wear it as a tinted moisturizer, but rather as a highlighter on top of my foundation, focused around my cheekbones and forehead. I think it would be too shimmery to wear as a foundation, but is divine as an illuminator. Excellent small range of colors. I'd probably put this in my top five current makeup table staples. Added bonus: You get a TON or product. One tube will last me a year. Will repurchase forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was very hesitant to buy this product at first mostly because I do not need very much coverage and also because of the price. However, I'm very pleased that I did get it after all! I have extremely dry, pale skin and so I find most products just make my complexion look dull. But this product applied over top of my Benefit moisturizer gives me a beautiful, dewey glow that I have never been able to get before! Will definitely buy this product again

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm very happy with this. I am realizing I have to use some type of coverage and need spf, this gives both. I typically wear her loose mineral powder fndtn in rich vanilla, and picked this up in warm radiance. A tad lighter but works and covers up my ruddiness perfectly. Yes it is shimmery, but in an illuminating way, not a MAC or NARS Orgasm kind of way. Blend with another product if you prefer to tone it down. I really prefer it alone, for a special night out. I've worn it during the daylight hours and no comments re: the illuminating factor. I think it's lovely, really. My fiance has an eagles eye for shimmer or anything unnatural looking and this got the thumbs up from him. Coverage is sheer and you may have to layer. I am okay at picking out shades online, and am happy I tried it out in the store first to get the right match. I highly recommend doing so to confirm if it's too much illumination for you as well as for a match. The shimmer seems to lighten the shades a tad and that may or may not work for you. I don't use this all over. I concentrate it in all the areas they recommend for "brightening"--around nasolabial folds, orbital bone, brows, cupids bow, cheek bones, between brows. I may or may not use on nose, depends on how dressed up I'm going, but if I use all over, I'll use a bit of a powder in some areas to tone down.

I was raised a no-base-makeup girl, no one in my family wore base make up, it was considered a waste of money and bad for your skin. LM has changed all that for me. She really has the market cornered on base coverage. If you want perfect skin (or atleast the illusion of) go for LM. Price-wise, there are far more expensive products on the market that do no deliver. Her line consistently does. Worth every penny.

on 3/28/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My dry sensitive skin makes very difficult to find a foundation that would look natural and at the same time even out my skin tone and texture. Usually it will build up on patches and my skin would flake and believe me, cakey it's not a pretty sight.
I always like to try products searching for the right one (still I am) but so far the best one and easier to blend is Laura Mercier TM. I wear in Nude, it will do the job, is kind of sheer to medium coverage, buildable, but that is what I like.
PROS .- Easy to blend, long lasting, radiant polished finish, hydrating, nice texture, light feeling
CONS.- No many color selection
TIP.- I use a primer before applying it with a foundation brush. Then I blend it with slight round movements with a beauty blender sponge and it will look really polished radiant natural skin.
If you have dry skin, never apply foundation with stipple or blush brush, they will make your skin flake; apply with a wet sponge for sheer coverage or foundation brush for medium + coverage,