Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by hair type : Other
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating
Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.4

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 10/7/2014 1:51:00 PM

This stuff has worked really well for me. But I don't think it is for everyone. It works best for those with dry or dull skin. Ten years ago, when my skin still had its own natural, youthful glow, this would have been too shiny for me. However, as I am heading into my late 30s, I have found my skin has become much duller and drier than it used to be, but a healthy squeeze of this tinted moisturizer blended with my normal foundation magically restores the glow my skin used to have on its own. I will admit that when I first apply this the shine is almost too much, but after about ten minutes have passed and it has fully absorbed, it gives me a perfect dewy finish. I have very sensitive, rosacea-prone skin, and after using this every day for two weeks straight, I have not experienced any angry flare-ups, so the product is well-suited to those with sensitive skin. The coverage is good--thicker than most tinted moisturizers--but not quite heavy enough to even out my rosacea-affected skintone by itself. The "Warm Radiance" shade was a good match for my NC 37ish skin. I took one lippie off because of the hefty price tag and the packaging, which at this price point, should include a pump dispenser.

on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.

on 3/20/2013 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this for months and growing to like it more and more. I prefer this to the tinted primer which i only tested in the store because the tinted moisturizer is more luminious. I only use this on the dry areas of my face (combination skin), my cheek areas. Sometimes i mix it with something not luminious to mute it alittle. I love the glow it gives me. When i first got this, i made the mistake of applying it all over my face, and my T zone looked disgustingly greasy. Do not use this on oily areas.

I live in a humid climate and this did not give me any problems and stayed on well throughout the day. I am NC25-30 and the shade bare radiance match perfectly.

I could hardly detect the light scent, which is pleasant. Its a light creamy texture, sets quickly and feels great on. Does not feel heavy, overall really liked this even though you most probably be able to mix a normal foundation with alittle liquid highlighter to get the same results.

on 1/16/2013 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I had I high hopes for this product since I have been using the regular tinted moisturizer SPF 20 in sand for 7 years. This product was disgusting! It was too heavy and glittery on its own and when mixed with foundations. I bought golden radiance for my nc 40 skin and it just looked oily and came out as a muddy color on me. Not sure what the purpose this product is trying to fulfill but I had to return mine. Such an expensive product for no benefit to the face whatsoever.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am all for the dewy, glowy look. This product delivers none of that. The finish is also different from the regular Laura Mercier TM (the latter is better, more hydrated-looking).
In the store lighting, the "shimmer" seemed relatively finely milled and not at all OTT. Yes, i could see it, but it wasn't so blatant. On my face? Ew. I bought it to mix into foundation--omg. This is gross. The shimmer is more like glitter specks, not as large as say, NARS multiples, of course, but definitely there, not subtle--visible from a talking distance.
Yes, I mixed it a dollop into foundation as Sephora SA and reviews here advised--the end result was the same as Revlon Photoready--the Cullen-esque sparkle in it was similar, except Laura Mercier's TM gives a bit larger sized sparkle than PR!! On its own, it looks really looked bad, my face looks better with nothing on. It's a disgrace to pay so much for a product and find that it's so utterly not worth it VERY mediocre product, the price and brand name makes you believe it's better than it is. I even get better results mixing High Beam into foundation! I tried this several times--even just being indoors, near an open window, the sparkle is rather obvious and not in a good way. Will be returning this, thank God I have the option. I WANTED to like this--i have never before returned anything to Sephora, especially as I'm quite timid, i usually find a way to make the products work. This will be an unprecedented act driven by utter disgust.

on 8/6/2012 11:34:00 PM

This is my go to product for when I want to look pulled together without looking made up. My skin is normally very clear with some redness around my nose and on my chin. I spot conceal and then just use my fingers to apply this. It looks amazing. Will definitely be repurchasing this

on 6/18/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I truly hated this and sold mine on eBay!

I have ordinary skin: a little dry on the cheeks and a little pimply on the chin but not oily. I wanted to love this product but it made me look SO sweaty and greasy.

Even if I only used a little and blended it with my fingers I looked like a teenage oil slick.Once I went out with a tiny dab on my forehead and nose and I couldn't wait to get home again and wash my face. Pure shine, no fun.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have nude, a very skin-natural toned light caramel-beige shade especially nice on neutral to warm skin. However is so intensely shimmery that it glitters like a crazy diamond in direct sunlight. I doubt anyone would actually want to use this all over their face in the daylight which is when you usually need an SPF product! If you are considering this I'd recommend treating it like a bronzing tint to mix in a little shot of "glow" into your regular tinted moisturiser, foundation or sunblock. Or use as a cheekbones and brow highlighter. Its very pretty used this way. It melds more naturally into skin than most powder highlighters as the particles are very fine. At my age I prefer to gleam & sheen rather than glitter, haha. A tiny bit on the backs of hands covers age spots nicely and makes hands look tanned too.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've always had this product but have not started using it until about 3 weeks ago. I find that on its own, its a little to shimmery for me. I mix it with my Laura Mericer Silk foundation and its perfect. Since my silk foundation is a little to heavy and matte, the tinted illuminator sheers it down just enough and adds a bit of dewyness to my skin.

on 12/7/2011 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this tinted moisturizer. I can understand where some people might be coming from that it is too shimmery, but my skin is terribly dry and dull, so for me, the illuminating properties are very much needed. I use the LM invisible finishing powder on top, and that takes away some of the extra "dazzle" that comes with this product. As far as coverage, I think it is just the right amount for a tinted moisturizer, though I do have to use concealer with it to cover up red spots where I have eczema. I can't seem to find a tinted moisturizer that I really like for my dry, itchy, eczema afflicted skin. I use LM for much of my other make up products so I am hoping this one will be a keeper.