Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.7

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using an "illuminator" that I add to my foundation to give me a slight "lift" to my face, and have had good results. I received this Laura Mercier product as a sample at Sephora and it gave me the WORST acne. Egads. It took my skin over a week to recover from it. Never again.

on 7/26/2012 8:13:00 PM

is not to be applied all over the face. Manufacturers would like us to think otherwise. It is to illuminate cheek bones and your strong features. This is not to cover up anything. It is to highlight your own beauty. The illumination looks classy and lasts over 2 hours. I'm sorry about the SPF20 in it. A thin layer of foundation with sunscreen is never enough to provide protection from the sun, but it is well enough to irritate the hell out of any skin types. I recommend this product, because there is nothing else in the market to compete with it.

on 3/28/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My dry sensitive skin makes very difficult to find a foundation that would look natural and at the same time even out my skin tone and texture. Usually it will build up on patches and my skin would flake and believe me, cakey it's not a pretty sight.
I always like to try products searching for the right one (still I am) but so far the best one and easier to blend is Laura Mercier TM. I wear in Nude, it will do the job, is kind of sheer to medium coverage, buildable, but that is what I like.
PROS .- Easy to blend, long lasting, radiant polished finish, hydrating, nice texture, light feeling
CONS.- No many color selection
TIP.- I use a primer before applying it with a foundation brush. Then I blend it with slight round movements with a beauty blender sponge and it will look really polished radiant natural skin.
If you have dry skin, never apply foundation with stipple or blush brush, they will make your skin flake; apply with a wet sponge for sheer coverage or foundation brush for medium + coverage,

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased Bare Radiance and after trying it at home I was prepared to return it. It seemed too light and too shiny and though the site suggests mixing it with foundation, I felt I wanted to simplify things not make them more complicated. But I dotted on the mearest amount of Bobbi Brown skin foundation over it and I got the skin of my dreams. The foundation (just a tiny amount) warms it up a little and takes down the shine a little and I look radiant. It doesn't look like I have any makeup on. Plus it has and spf 20 so in the end I got a stunning look with very little work. I find that I use less makeup overall now that my complexion is taking center stage.
UPDATED: I continue to use this product by mixing it and it delivers a very vibrant complexion with hardly detectable product. I apply it over moisturizer as it doesn't deliver that much moisture, then I apply NARS tinted moisturizer (which is highly pigmented) just in areas to tamp down the shimmer such as center forehead, chin and cheeks. For my undereyes I place LM in the darker hollow and then deposit NARS over the whole undereye area. I can avoid concealer that way and all the problems that come along with creasing. Then I sweep NARS Nico lightly just over cheeks, chin and forehead and lightly under eyes. It seems like a lot but the end result is stunning and it doesn't look like makeup at all.

on 7/5/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this TM because I love the look and finish of Laura Mercier's regular TM in Nude. Yet, LM's regular TM does NOT protect against UVA rays. The illuminated version does protect against UVA and UVB rays, but it is so sparkly! I purchased Natural Radiance to match my NC-27 skin tone and found it to be too dark. I ended up putting the regular TM and illuminating TM together, blending it, then applying it. It's a beautiful match and finish. Yet, I worry that the sun protection isn't good enough this way.

on 4/28/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

A few months ago I had the experience of sitting in a large hall with 5 busloads of French men and women over 40 for several hours. I noticed that most of the women looked vibrant and youthful despite the lack of obvious plastic surgery. I tried to see if I could determine their secret and it dawned on me that most of them were wearing far less makeup than the average American, and that many had glowing skin (being uniformly thin and having certain fashion flair didnt hurt either). I talked to several of the women, who told me that they wore little makeup but spent money on facials, face creams,etc. I was so impressed, that I decided to re-think my makeup strategy.

I had tried TMs years before, but had dismissed them as not having enough coverae. But now, thanks to meticulous skin care and Renova, my skin isn't bad. I had heard good things about Laura Mercier TM and headed to Sephora. I initially bought both the regular and illuminating TM, thinking that the illuminating would be too shiny or sparkly. I mixed them together for awhile and was pleased with the results.

Then, two weeks ago I started using only the illuminating TM I use Bare. And boy did the compliments begin! I do not find it too shiny for my 52 year old skin, it gives a nice glow. Very minimal coverage, my imperfections still show through, but are minimized and softened. I put it on over my moisturizer/sun screen and a little concealer around my eyes only. I have been using a little blush and just a light dusting of powder over my T zone. I might apply more if I were looking for a more polished work look, but I don't wear much makup to work, I am a nurse and it wears off from the mask I often wear. I really am glowing! In a good way! I apply it with the sonia kashuk blue sponge, sort of dabbing it on. I don't have to use much, so I imagine it will last awhile, which is good since it is somewhat expensive. I also wish it were in a little pump bottle rather than a tube, but a minor point. Overall, I'd rate this very highly and recommend it to my 50+ friends. I love the way my skin looks so much better and more youthful!

UPDATE: I still like this product, but no longer wear it alone. Rather, I mix it with the regular TM or other foundation for all-over use, or use by itself over the cheekbone area. I like it by itself indoors, but outdoors it's just too shiny

ONE YEAR LATER: I am still using this, which is a miracle for me, as I change makeup approaches frequently. I still mix this with a matte TM (either Mercier or Sonia Kashuk). I generally wear it with a bit of Tarte cheek stain and get loads of compliments on my skin. I am wearing less makeup than ever before, and feel like I look younger. I am careful not to use too much of this when outdoors in the sun, but indoors it's fantastic. Have re-bought once.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recieved a generous 0.05oz size ( close to a months supply ) in the Illuminating Natural Radiance thru Sephora. First of all, I'm such a tinted moisturizer fanatic. Always on the quest for the next best and natural looking tinted moisturizer. Well, I didn't find it with this product. It provides sheer coverage with a good color base, but the "glow" was waayyy too much. I'm 51 and don't want "I'm going to the prom" look. Honestly, I don't see any mature woman wearing this out the door w/out getting some confusing stares. Thank goodness, I listened to my gut instinct ( not the S.A. sales pitch ) and insisted on a sample first. BTW, I like many of Laura Mercier's products.