Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.6

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Received a generous sample of this and tested it immediately. Unfortunately, the lightest shade, Bare Radiance, is FAR too dark for my fair skin. Although I'd already applied moisturizer and mascara before applying this, I was forced to throughly scrub my face after using this. It simultaneously turned my skin dark orange and yellow. It applied like a full-face bronzer/illuminator, despite being marketed as a tinted moisturizer.

I cannot comment on wear and general longevity because I washed it off immediately, but I found the coverage to be rather heavy. It covered hyper-pigmentation and left my skin more matte than dewy.

I am a fan of Laura Mercier products, but I am not a fan of this product. And I don't see how anyone with fair skin could wear this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using an "illuminator" that I add to my foundation to give me a slight "lift" to my face, and have had good results. I received this Laura Mercier product as a sample at Sephora and it gave me the WORST acne. Egads. It took my skin over a week to recover from it. Never again.

on 7/8/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first ever LM purchase and it has set off an addiction to Laura's products. I was tempted by it after Chrissy Teigen said on Instagram that it was how she achieved her glow. I somehow ordered Warm Radiance by accident and it was way too dark for me but I loved the coverage and the glow. I then got the lightest shade ( bare radiance ) which I adore! I sometimes mix the two together when I want to look slightly tanned but most of the time I use Bare Radiance all over and then use WR on my cheeks as a bronzer.. As others have said if the glow is too shimmery for you a dusting of translucent powder totally changes the look.

on 4/16/2013 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love love love this product!
However, I could totally see how not everyone will love this. It is shimmery...do I think it's unwearable? Absolutely not, but I think it's a matter of preference.
It's a tiny bit shiny on the tzone for me, but if you powder it's no big deal.
I have very dry skin, and this didn't highlight that.
This is probably my favorite Tinted Moisturizer I've ever tried, it's a little pricey at around $45, but totally worth it in my opinion, to have natural looking glowing beautiful skin!
I would absolutely recommend this product, it's totally worth dropping by your local counter and getting a free sample!
By the way, I applied this with a brush, not my fingers, and I really think that this formula does better with a brush, not your fingers.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am all for the dewy, glowy look. This product delivers none of that. The finish is also different from the regular Laura Mercier TM (the latter is better, more hydrated-looking).
In the store lighting, the "shimmer" seemed relatively finely milled and not at all OTT. Yes, i could see it, but it wasn't so blatant. On my face? Ew. I bought it to mix into foundation--omg. This is gross. The shimmer is more like glitter specks, not as large as say, NARS multiples, of course, but definitely there, not subtle--visible from a talking distance.
Yes, I mixed it a dollop into foundation as Sephora SA and reviews here advised--the end result was the same as Revlon Photoready--the Cullen-esque sparkle in it was similar, except Laura Mercier's TM gives a bit larger sized sparkle than PR!! On its own, it looks really looked bad, my face looks better with nothing on. It's a disgrace to pay so much for a product and find that it's so utterly not worth it VERY mediocre product, the price and brand name makes you believe it's better than it is. I even get better results mixing High Beam into foundation! I tried this several times--even just being indoors, near an open window, the sparkle is rather obvious and not in a good way. Will be returning this, thank God I have the option. I WANTED to like this--i have never before returned anything to Sephora, especially as I'm quite timid, i usually find a way to make the products work. This will be an unprecedented act driven by utter disgust.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm very happy with this. I am realizing I have to use some type of coverage and need spf, this gives both. I typically wear her loose mineral powder fndtn in rich vanilla, and picked this up in warm radiance. A tad lighter but works and covers up my ruddiness perfectly. Yes it is shimmery, but in an illuminating way, not a MAC or NARS Orgasm kind of way. Blend with another product if you prefer to tone it down. I really prefer it alone, for a special night out. I've worn it during the daylight hours and no comments re: the illuminating factor. I think it's lovely, really. My fiance has an eagles eye for shimmer or anything unnatural looking and this got the thumbs up from him. Coverage is sheer and you may have to layer. I am okay at picking out shades online, and am happy I tried it out in the store first to get the right match. I highly recommend doing so to confirm if it's too much illumination for you as well as for a match. The shimmer seems to lighten the shades a tad and that may or may not work for you. I don't use this all over. I concentrate it in all the areas they recommend for "brightening"--around nasolabial folds, orbital bone, brows, cupids bow, cheek bones, between brows. I may or may not use on nose, depends on how dressed up I'm going, but if I use all over, I'll use a bit of a powder in some areas to tone down.

I was raised a no-base-makeup girl, no one in my family wore base make up, it was considered a waste of money and bad for your skin. LM has changed all that for me. She really has the market cornered on base coverage. If you want perfect skin (or atleast the illusion of) go for LM. Price-wise, there are far more expensive products on the market that do no deliver. Her line consistently does. Worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have nude, a very skin-natural toned light caramel-beige shade especially nice on neutral to warm skin. However is so intensely shimmery that it glitters like a crazy diamond in direct sunlight. I doubt anyone would actually want to use this all over their face in the daylight which is when you usually need an SPF product! If you are considering this I'd recommend treating it like a bronzing tint to mix in a little shot of "glow" into your regular tinted moisturiser, foundation or sunblock. Or use as a cheekbones and brow highlighter. Its very pretty used this way. It melds more naturally into skin than most powder highlighters as the particles are very fine. At my age I prefer to gleam & sheen rather than glitter, haha. A tiny bit on the backs of hands covers age spots nicely and makes hands look tanned too.

on 3/28/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My dry sensitive skin makes very difficult to find a foundation that would look natural and at the same time even out my skin tone and texture. Usually it will build up on patches and my skin would flake and believe me, cakey it's not a pretty sight.
I always like to try products searching for the right one (still I am) but so far the best one and easier to blend is Laura Mercier TM. I wear in Nude, it will do the job, is kind of sheer to medium coverage, buildable, but that is what I like.
PROS .- Easy to blend, long lasting, radiant polished finish, hydrating, nice texture, light feeling
CONS.- No many color selection
TIP.- I use a primer before applying it with a foundation brush. Then I blend it with slight round movements with a beauty blender sponge and it will look really polished radiant natural skin.
If you have dry skin, never apply foundation with stipple or blush brush, they will make your skin flake; apply with a wet sponge for sheer coverage or foundation brush for medium + coverage,

on 10/17/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this tinted moisturizer. I don't wear this by itself but I do love mixing it with other foundations when I want some SPF. I mix it with my Laura Mercier silk creme when I want only a little bit of coverage, it gives me an amazing glow to my skin. It makes my skin look 'glowy' and luminous without looking like I;m out to a disco. It just makes you look healthy and the SPF20 is just an added bonus, another Laura mercier product I love and that doesn't break me out :) Love this

on 7/9/2011 2:38:00 PM

This makes my skin look so healthy and beautiful - but there is a bit of a learning curve with it. Bit of background: I havent used any liquid or cream products in quite some time. I found them very heavy so I used various oils to moisturize and mineral makeup. Im turning 30 in a few months and ive noticed that my skin has changed. Im no longer breakout-prone but dryness and fine lines are starting to creep in. My mmu just looks too dry and powdery. So I got a sample of this in bare radiance. I applied with my ecotools foundation brush and the shimmer was just over the top, weird, grey, metallic. Not good. I applied mmu over top of it and it was just perfect. It had the glow but was toned down a lot, the grey disappeared as well. This TM does moisturize well, sinks in fast and dries quickly. My skin feels really healthy with this on. I was torn still - I feel for $55 CAD a product should be able to be used on its own without other products to make it work. Then on a whim I put this on with clean fingers and what a difference! It blended so perfectly and didnt have the metallic look to it. The shimmer was also toned down. I find this great for the under-eye area. I work graveyards and sleep is definitely my weakest link. This makes me look rested, healthy and hydrated without any concealer. I will definitely buy once my sample runs out . One caveat - it does seem to oxidize slightly on my skin and turn a half shade darker and orange-er so you may want to go a shade lighter than you would normally. It can also oxidize blush so you may want to use a lighter hand on that too.