Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.2

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I randomly found this product's reviews on instagram and was convinced that I should try it. Laura Mercier has always been a brand for older women in my perspective and I always assume it will be more moisturizing than other similar products. Since moving back to the US from a tropical country, my skin no longer sweats as much but it requires a ton of moisturizer.

I am Asian with very light skin and using Bare Natural which is the lightest shade; it blends amazingly well to my skin. I can see how super fair people will have a hard time using this product alone—perhaps mixing it with a lighter foundation will help.

What I love about this product is its ability to moisturize without being too shiny or weight down the skin. It is my skin but better. I have mild acne spots on the cheeks that are usually red and huge. After washing my face, I apply 4 pea dots to my cheeks, forehead and chin then blend out. I haven't tried it during super dry winter days yet but I probably will add a layer of moisturizer prior if need to. Then if the blemishes are still too visible, I pat some concealer to reduce the redness. To finish up, I apply highlighter to my cheekbone, nose bridge with a dust of blush.

Would recommend testing out the swatch before purchasing. I thought my shade was Natural Radiance but nope, that was too pink and dark.

At $44/1.7fl oz. tube from Sephora, this is not cheap but I'd rather pay for a working product and suits me well than buying a ton of other products which are mediocre.

on 9/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too thought this was too sparkly, but a dusting of blot powder immediately takes care of the shine. now it's my go-to TM. I will buy again

on 7/30/2013 7:44:00 PM

WAY too shimmery!! Nice texture, no awful scent ... but I didn't glow (natural) I shimmered (frosty).

Probably ok as a highlighter ... but for a total face ... no way.

on 2/2/2012 8:34:00 PM

This product was very disappointing! Within a few days of using it I started breaking out which is unusual for me. And it cost me around $70 so it was a huge rip off and let down for the price!

As my 100 point perk from Sephora, i chose to recieve this product. the packaging was nice, and i recognized the tube from a mile away. Having a complete blonde moment while choosing this, i forgot what the term "illuminating" meant. ga-reat! when i tried this on i looked orange and sparkly. quite like snooki. the "glow" was overwhelming and I believe its a "one shade fits all" product...and im very fair. so those type of products are complete red flags for me. between shimmery eyeshadow, blush, and highlighter...i looked like a disco ball after applying all of my makeup, (which isnt much on an everyday basis.) needless to say, i should've saved my points for something bigger and better in the future!

I actually LOVE this product. For years I was using different foundations and every one of them broke me out. So far with this one no breakouts and it def gives a "glow". I have dry skin so it doesnt make me look a bit oily like others have said. I will buy this again for sure. Think it would be perfect for older women and anyone who has trouble getting the foundation on evenly b/c this blends like nothing else I've used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I mix this moisturizer with the regular one and I love how it gives glow on my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is product is another great tinted moisturizer. It has a creamy feel to it that blends well and keeps your skin moist. I don't notice glitter specks with this, it gives me a smooth and even finish. It is a good product if you're looking for a luminous finish. I don't have problems with oil as my skin leans towards dry, I actually welcome any additional moisture to my skin.

Overall, thumbs up! Good stuff.

on 7/13/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want to look shiny, oil, and gross - buy this product. Yuck - I HATED the way this made me look. After loving the oil free tinted moisturizer from Laura Mercier I thought this would be a great alternative for the summer. Boy was I wrong! I felt that this emphasized all of my flaws and made me look dirty. I actually returned it because I disliked it so much!

I think that the low ratings on this product are reflected on misuse. This tinted moisturizer is meant to be mixed in with another product, to add a glow to it. If it's used on its own, it's like putting straight-up luminizer on your face. Silly, right? I use this as a base to even out my skintone lightly, and then apply my Kat Von D concealer where I need it. Then I apply my Palladio powder on top to set, and voila, instant radiant skin. You only need a tiny amount, so the product will last you for quite some time. I love how light it feels, and the fact that it gives my skin an instant "why yes, I did sleep for 8 hours" effect.