Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.9

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

I was looking for a little more coverage after wearing mineral foundation for a long time and thought I'd get better coverage with a tinted foundation. So I read on the Sephora website reviews about the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and went and bought it and brought it home and was extremely disappointed. I am acne prone and I believe it was supposed to not break me out according to the sales clerk- but it did break me out, terribly, and it felt like a face full of makeup sitting on my face because to get it to absorb all the way you have to rub it in to the point where there is no longer any tint or coverage. I don't recommend it. I actually got more coverage and my skin was better with different mineral makeups and if you want more coverage then that the Dior bb cream was really good and the Clinique acne liquid is awesome and I just bought it and love it, and I actually.. with certain powders.. can get full coverage and they don't clog my pores because they are non acnegenic or non comedogenic, so I have this one and another expensive Tinted Moisturizer from Perricone that also broke me out that I will not use. I Do not recommend this for people who have oily or combination or acne-prone skin.

on 3/19/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really enjoy this tinted moisturiser. I use a small amount under my foundation and it gives a lovely 'lit from within' look to my skin. I am very fair and pink (NW15) and I bought Bare Radiance. It is quite shimmery ( in a good way) and it looks great used as a highlighter on my cheekbones for a night out. Gives me a bit of a glow. I haven't used it alone yet but will probably do so come the summer months.
It is expensive but as with everything else I do think you get what you pay for. I have recently had a make up clear out and replaced my huge amount of cheap, not so great make up with fewer better quality essentials (I'll review them all now) and when I added up the cost of both piles, overall its definitely more economical to buy less, better quality products. Its great quality and there's a large amount in the tube so I think it will last a while.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was super impressed by this tinted moisturiser! Every other one I've used is greasy, dull, with super light watery coverage. This one has a pretty impressive but still light-weight coverage, made even more beautiful with the illumination. It's a nice luminous finish, perfect if you're looking for a glow.
I found it last all day, around 8 hours, on my normal skin type. I've also been using this underneath my heavier coverage foundations i.e Estee Lauder Double Wear for a glow.
The tube packaging is hygienic + clean cut. Amazing with the spf 20 too!!!
The only con is I wouldn't recommend this for combination/oily skin types. Maybe just on the cheek bones for a glow, but definitely not in the T-Zone! 10/10 :-)

on 2/2/2014 2:56:00 PM

The Laura Mercier TM called Natural Radiance is way too thick, with the unnaturally shiny finish of a frosted lipstick or automobile pearlized paint job from the Seventies. And it does not cover my pores that well. If a sun tan plus shine is your thing, check out Paula Dorf Jet Set Glo. It's hard to find but not discontinued. That lets more of your natural skin show through, and is not as heavy as the LM Natural Radiance.

on 1/17/2014 12:58:00 AM

I really like this tinted moisturiser. It is perfect for when i don't feel like foundation. It gives me a good coverage and a nice glow. I prefer the texture of the Illuminating over the normal Laura Mercier becuse it feels smoother on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a big-time HG for me. I don't wear it as a tinted moisturizer, but rather as a highlighter on top of my foundation, focused around my cheekbones and forehead. I think it would be too shimmery to wear as a foundation, but is divine as an illuminator. Excellent small range of colors. I'd probably put this in my top five current makeup table staples. Added bonus: You get a TON or product. One tube will last me a year. Will repurchase forever.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: I'm about halfway through the tube and I'm finding myself more dissatisfied with this product's short wear life especially in warmer weather. Still, it's proving very versatile. I've been wearing it as a sunscreen/primer, stippling over it with Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, and sprinkling Too Faced Primed and Poreless Loose Powder. The effect is gorgeous, very beautiful polished skin but remarkably natural. In the office, a co-worker stared at me and finally asked, "Are you wearing makeup?" This application wears longer and is more easily maintained than the TM by itself.

Original Review:
FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

I wear this product in Bare Radiance. It's a shade too deep for me, but it gives me an attractive, fair bronzed look, more "healthy" than "sun-kissed." I love LM products and am rarely disappointed in them. This product is unusually good and works pretty well for me.

It applies like a creamy lotion and the luminous finish gives surprising coverage. I reach for this product when I don't want to bother with concealer, just smooth on with fingers over oil-free primer, pat gently under eyes, and set with matte, oil-free powder. A light neutral lip gloss and I'm done. No other makeup. It gives me a healthy, radiant look and yes, it camouflages dark circles and red discoloration pretty well. Not invisible, but definitely minimized and less obvious.

If you are used to matte or ultra-matte looks, the dewy "glow" might overwhelm you. It doesn't look "fake" or "Twilight-ish" to me, and I apply this TM all over my face. That said, it's not matte or satin. It is luminous and that's what it looks like. I suggest sampling it and wearing a few times before deciding on whether it's the right look for you.

I dislike a few things about it. I think it would be better in a pump bottle or pump tube so consumers could control the application. In excessive heat (natural or artificial) it "separates" on my skin and looks patchy. The wear is decent for TM. I get about 5-6 hours good wear out of it, by lunch time I need to blot and brush on a little powder foundation to extend wear through the workday. Without the touch-up it deteriorates to greasy shine territory. If I were ten years younger -- with very oily skin -- I could never have tolerated this product.

I'm not sure how well this product photographs. It's pretty dewy, so I can't imagine it looking good in photos. Probably not the best choice for wearing to weddings or at events where one is likely to be photographed or filmed.

Also, as much as I like it, I don't believe it's worth $43. I cringe at paying so much for this, especially due to the poor wear time. But I don't think there's another comparable product on the market so I'll definitely purchase again.

on 7/26/2012 8:13:00 PM

is not to be applied all over the face. Manufacturers would like us to think otherwise. It is to illuminate cheek bones and your strong features. This is not to cover up anything. It is to highlight your own beauty. The illumination looks classy and lasts over 2 hours. I'm sorry about the SPF20 in it. A thin layer of foundation with sunscreen is never enough to provide protection from the sun, but it is well enough to irritate the hell out of any skin types. I recommend this product, because there is nothing else in the market to compete with it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I only had to test it on the back of my hand to tell that if I put it on my face, I'd look as sparkly as a twilight vampire in the sun. Other than that, it is a little more sheer than the nars pure radiant TM but it is really a great TM (that is if you don't mind the sparkle)

this is my favorite tm i have ever used. i mix mine with regular moisturizer and it takes out some of the shiny shimmer and looks great. i love this stuff because i hate face makeup on me and this covers some of the bad stuff on my face.