Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.9

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 6/18/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I truly hated this and sold mine on eBay!

I have ordinary skin: a little dry on the cheeks and a little pimply on the chin but not oily. I wanted to love this product but it made me look SO sweaty and greasy.

Even if I only used a little and blended it with my fingers I looked like a teenage oil slick.Once I went out with a tiny dab on my forehead and nose and I couldn't wait to get home again and wash my face. Pure shine, no fun.

on 1/30/2012 7:16:00 PM

I have this in natural and the warm.both are too dark for me in winter, especially the warm. However, when I need a glow or need to warm up my foundation a bit, these are fine. However, I notice I used up the bisque non glow finish product, which means it goes better with my skin. I guess shimmer is not something I reach for every day, but I like to have these on hand.

on 4/12/2010 2:43:00 AM

I think this product is marvelous under foundation for a youthful glow. Alone or on top of makeup, however, can be a little too much glow, like you've been dipped in shimmer.

on 5/3/2009 11:16:00 AM

Put a small dollop on the back of your left hand, as your palette.
Use your skunk brush and stifle this product onto your cheeks up, down the side of the chin, up/down the nose and across the forhead and blend.

I also used the LM sponges that she sells, but I really like the skunk brush for this.

I was able to do my son's girlfriend's makeup with just about this (and she's got a lot of acne). It made her face look glowing, taking the emphasis OFF of the acne and onto the shimmery cheeks.

You can also layer up the cheeks area for a more denser color - like you would a bronzer.

Then, use LM new bronzer - FABULOUS!

Ok, I think I figured out how I can wear this without looking so super shiny - I mix it with the LM nude tinted moisturizer and then leave most of the shine for areas I really want to highlight. Love that it kinds of softens the subtle wrinkles most of us live with everyday. I bought Bare, and I usually wear Nude in the regular TM, but Bare is pretty dark on its own for my fair skin.

on 3/30/2009 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't think product was meant to be used all over the face. I have a generous sample of it in Bare radiance and like to apply it as a highligher over cheekbones, down the middle of nose-- anywhere where I want a bit of dewiness/shimmer. There are only 3 colors to choose from, which, in my mind, is a further indication that this is not to be used all over. Very nice product to add to your foundation also.

on 8/27/2008 2:24:00 PM

After the demise of delux Liquid Pearl (which I mixed with my foundation) I've been searching for a new shimmer for my face. I hesitated with the price of Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, and also because it is not oil free, but ultimately decided to splurge. I'm glad I did, because I love the coverage and the fact that it is a primer/corrector/moisturizer/illuminator all in one. The price is no longer a big issue for me, since like the other reviewers, the shimmer is pretty strong, and I will be mixing this half/half with my regular foundation (Origins Stay Tuned) and it should last practically forever as a result. It is nice to use alone in the summer, when a good deal of shimmer looks good, along with Cargo All In One concealer in the T-zone. Along with a touch of Cargo loose powder, it tones the shine right down. I'll buy again for sure, but it probably won't be for a long time since the tube is huge and a little goes a really long way! Hurray for a substitute for my beloved delux Liquid Pearl.