Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.7

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I randomly found this product's reviews on instagram and was convinced that I should try it. Laura Mercier has always been a brand for older women in my perspective and I always assume it will be more moisturizing than other similar products. Since moving back to the US from a tropical country, my skin no longer sweats as much but it requires a ton of moisturizer.

I am Asian with very light skin and using Bare Natural which is the lightest shade; it blends amazingly well to my skin. I can see how super fair people will have a hard time using this product alone—perhaps mixing it with a lighter foundation will help.

What I love about this product is its ability to moisturize without being too shiny or weight down the skin. It is my skin but better. I have mild acne spots on the cheeks that are usually red and huge. After washing my face, I apply 4 pea dots to my cheeks, forehead and chin then blend out. I haven't tried it during super dry winter days yet but I probably will add a layer of moisturizer prior if need to. Then if the blemishes are still too visible, I pat some concealer to reduce the redness. To finish up, I apply highlighter to my cheekbone, nose bridge with a dust of blush.

Would recommend testing out the swatch before purchasing. I thought my shade was Natural Radiance but nope, that was too pink and dark.

At $44/1.7fl oz. tube from Sephora, this is not cheap but I'd rather pay for a working product and suits me well than buying a ton of other products which are mediocre.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a fabulous product, at 61 I needed to change my makeup (long time mineral powder girl). LM Illum (Bare Radiance) provides a wonderful glow when I mix it with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (Nude). It's been 15 years since I've made a major change. I used Bare Escentuals and Estée Lauder foundation on important engagements. When I use a foundation now -it almost looks overdone. This tinted moisturizer provides a more natural look. And, I LOVE makeup and believe in enhancing our look as we age but in a subtle fashion at this point.

I bought this in golden radiance and it is a wonderful moisturizer with great coverage which is hard to find in most tinted moisturizers. It's light weight yet adds a real sheer to the skin without looking too overdone. This product is however on the pricey side and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for matte flawless coverage since it is quite dewy.

on 2/28/2015 11:19:00 PM

This is superb. Sits light and effortless on the skin. Seriously illuminating. Picks-up your face even on the grayest days. The consistency lends quite well to the ocassional touch-up. Quality product for the price. No other brand makes anything quite this good when it comes to tinted moisturizers.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my holy grail. I looked forever for a tinted moisturizer that wasn't too sheer or had too much pink or orange in it, but still provided enough coverage to cover mild skin imperfections. I suffer from melasma/hyperpigmentation, but I personally do not care for the look of foundation and have always used a product such as BareMinerals for this reason. I want it to look like my skin, only better. Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer accomplishes this mission perfectly, albeit expensively. It provides a lovely finish that looks amazing even in professional photos and covers imperfections impressively for not being a foundation. You do not need additional highlighting, as this provides the perfect glow with no additional products. If you find you have too much shine, just swipe a little translucent powder on your t-zone and you are all set. A little bit goes a long way, and I think the folks that experience too much shine might be using too much or are using an additional product to highlight, which can wind up making you look greasy. I literally use a tiny squeeze, rub my hands together and apply right over my daytime moisturizer. (I live in a dry climate, so I double up.) I use this under BareMinerals when I want a little more coverage, but this is pretty effective on its own. I couldn't be happier with this and I hope they never quit making it. If you read the ratings by the Cosmetics Cop on Beautypedia, you'll see this has a rating of "BEST". There is a reason for this! I do recommend getting some samples from Sephora and taking them home to try out the colors if you aren't sure, because it is pricey. But even if you get a color that is too dark, you can still make it work just by adding some moisturizer to sheer it out a little. It is on the expensive side, but it truly is amazing! I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is one of my secrets!

UPDATE: This is still my favorite tinted moisturizer. I tried TheBalm's Balm Shelter and the color range is lacking and my skin didn't look as happy, so I returned it. I hope LM never stops making this product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was super impressed by this tinted moisturiser! Every other one I've used is greasy, dull, with super light watery coverage. This one has a pretty impressive but still light-weight coverage, made even more beautiful with the illumination. It's a nice luminous finish, perfect if you're looking for a glow.
I found it last all day, around 8 hours, on my normal skin type. I've also been using this underneath my heavier coverage foundations i.e Estee Lauder Double Wear for a glow.
The tube packaging is hygienic + clean cut. Amazing with the spf 20 too!!!
The only con is I wouldn't recommend this for combination/oily skin types. Maybe just on the cheek bones for a glow, but definitely not in the T-Zone! 10/10 :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a big-time HG for me. I don't wear it as a tinted moisturizer, but rather as a highlighter on top of my foundation, focused around my cheekbones and forehead. I think it would be too shimmery to wear as a foundation, but is divine as an illuminator. Excellent small range of colors. I'd probably put this in my top five current makeup table staples. Added bonus: You get a TON or product. One tube will last me a year. Will repurchase forever.

on 7/15/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is one of my absolute favourite tinted moisturisers. i don't use it for everyday wear as the gorgeous glow it gives you plays best on sunny days or after dark imo. it's a lovely formulation that goes on smoothly and evenly and brightens your skin in the most flattering way, highlighting the high points of your face. it definitely gives you a glow but without any oily shine, shimmer, sparkle or glitter - and for that it's worth the cost.
my only reservation is that while the tint does a good job of covering skin flaws, the illuminating effect tends to play up large pores, so a bit more preparation or finishing may be needed for those areas, but that's a small price to pay for the overall effect of lovely glowing skin.

on 5/12/2013 12:54:00 PM

I got a sample of this when i bought a perfume from LM. I must admit, I was never very interested in trying it since I don't care for the glowy look. So I ended up putting it away and almost forgetting about it.
However, one day when my skin looked terribly dull I decided to try applying this under my matte foundation and hope that a little glow would show through just where I wanted it.
This product really took me by surprise! It looked AMAZING and I ended up not wanting to put any foundation over it! Though beeing sheer it does a really good job making my skin look even and fresh. :)
Now I can't wait to get the full size tube and have beautiful skin all summer long! :D
I have fair scandinavian skin and use the lightest shade, bare radiance.

on 4/16/2013 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love love love this product!
However, I could totally see how not everyone will love this. It is shimmery...do I think it's unwearable? Absolutely not, but I think it's a matter of preference.
It's a tiny bit shiny on the tzone for me, but if you powder it's no big deal.
I have very dry skin, and this didn't highlight that.
This is probably my favorite Tinted Moisturizer I've ever tried, it's a little pricey at around $45, but totally worth it in my opinion, to have natural looking glowing beautiful skin!
I would absolutely recommend this product, it's totally worth dropping by your local counter and getting a free sample!
By the way, I applied this with a brush, not my fingers, and I really think that this formula does better with a brush, not your fingers.