Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.9

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recieved a generous 0.05oz size ( close to a months supply ) in the Illuminating Natural Radiance thru Sephora. First of all, I'm such a tinted moisturizer fanatic. Always on the quest for the next best and natural looking tinted moisturizer. Well, I didn't find it with this product. It provides sheer coverage with a good color base, but the "glow" was waayyy too much. I'm 51 and don't want "I'm going to the prom" look. Honestly, I don't see any mature woman wearing this out the door w/out getting some confusing stares. Thank goodness, I listened to my gut instinct ( not the S.A. sales pitch ) and insisted on a sample first. BTW, I like many of Laura Mercier's products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using an "illuminator" that I add to my foundation to give me a slight "lift" to my face, and have had good results. I received this Laura Mercier product as a sample at Sephora and it gave me the WORST acne. Egads. It took my skin over a week to recover from it. Never again.

on 2/2/2014 2:56:00 PM

The Laura Mercier TM called Natural Radiance is way too thick, with the unnaturally shiny finish of a frosted lipstick or automobile pearlized paint job from the Seventies. And it does not cover my pores that well. If a sun tan plus shine is your thing, check out Paula Dorf Jet Set Glo. It's hard to find but not discontinued. That lets more of your natural skin show through, and is not as heavy as the LM Natural Radiance.

on 7/5/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this TM because I love the look and finish of Laura Mercier's regular TM in Nude. Yet, LM's regular TM does NOT protect against UVA rays. The illuminated version does protect against UVA and UVB rays, but it is so sparkly! I purchased Natural Radiance to match my NC-27 skin tone and found it to be too dark. I ended up putting the regular TM and illuminating TM together, blending it, then applying it. It's a beautiful match and finish. Yet, I worry that the sun protection isn't good enough this way.

on 10/17/2008 3:58:00 AM

I love how it isn't greasy and thick like Stila Oil Free TM spf 30. I love the color Natural Radiance and how it doesn't oxidize. What I don't love about it is that it is too very over-the-top shimmery. You either wear it sparingly and get partial benefit of the SPF20 or wear it like you should with regular sunscreen and look metallic. If you're planning to own just one tinted moisturizer, skip this because you'll soon be looking for another.

on 3/19/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really enjoy this tinted moisturiser. I use a small amount under my foundation and it gives a lovely 'lit from within' look to my skin. I am very fair and pink (NW15) and I bought Bare Radiance. It is quite shimmery ( in a good way) and it looks great used as a highlighter on my cheekbones for a night out. Gives me a bit of a glow. I haven't used it alone yet but will probably do so come the summer months.
It is expensive but as with everything else I do think you get what you pay for. I have recently had a make up clear out and replaced my huge amount of cheap, not so great make up with fewer better quality essentials (I'll review them all now) and when I added up the cost of both piles, overall its definitely more economical to buy less, better quality products. Its great quality and there's a large amount in the tube so I think it will last a while.

on 9/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too thought this was too sparkly, but a dusting of blot powder immediately takes care of the shine. now it's my go-to TM. I will buy again

on 8/16/2011 7:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Makes my skin have a beautiful glow. I only used the regular tinted moisturizer but heard about this so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm 53 and it was a bit over the top at 1st. I use Becca sand tinted moisturizer. I got hooked when Sephora had a sale @ $10 each. I rarely ever finish up any product but used every drop of my Becca. I repurchased in sand and now put a pea size amount of the Becca and pea size amount of the LM illuminating TM. I swirl together with my fingers and apply all over my face and get such a pretty glow. I use so little of both products they will last forever. I even get complimented on how glowing I look by strangers. I have pretty perfect skin and am starting to have some uneven redness but the 2 products combined make everything perfect. I will repurchase both again. I don't feel the price is horrible. As long as it works and I'm happy the price means nothing. I have bought LE MAC items that were horrible for the same amount. I do want to try Laura Mercier's new moisture supreme foundation but it will only replace the Becca, not the illuminating TM.

on 10/12/2009 11:34:00 AM

I was talked into this by a woman at Sephora, when I went to get the regular tinted moisturizer from Laura Mercier. She said that it was even nicer in texture, and left your skin looking fresh and dewy. I tried the Bare Radiance (I use Nude in the other). I have now used it five times in different weather, and I love it!

It's got a really nice feel to it, and it does make your skin look moist but not oily. Plus, it evens out the tone (important for me, since I have rosacea), while still not looking like you have a lot of makeup on. (I could even still see some of my freckles, which I think made it look more natural.)

The reason I like the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers is because they have a nice level SPF, and they are a good deal for the price. I use mine at least 3-4 days a week, and have always had a tube last me almost an entire year.