Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.9

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 4/28/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

A few months ago I had the experience of sitting in a large hall with 5 busloads of French men and women over 40 for several hours. I noticed that most of the women looked vibrant and youthful despite the lack of obvious plastic surgery. I tried to see if I could determine their secret and it dawned on me that most of them were wearing far less makeup than the average American, and that many had glowing skin (being uniformly thin and having certain fashion flair didnt hurt either). I talked to several of the women, who told me that they wore little makeup but spent money on facials, face creams,etc. I was so impressed, that I decided to re-think my makeup strategy.

I had tried TMs years before, but had dismissed them as not having enough coverae. But now, thanks to meticulous skin care and Renova, my skin isn't bad. I had heard good things about Laura Mercier TM and headed to Sephora. I initially bought both the regular and illuminating TM, thinking that the illuminating would be too shiny or sparkly. I mixed them together for awhile and was pleased with the results.

Then, two weeks ago I started using only the illuminating TM I use Bare. And boy did the compliments begin! I do not find it too shiny for my 52 year old skin, it gives a nice glow. Very minimal coverage, my imperfections still show through, but are minimized and softened. I put it on over my moisturizer/sun screen and a little concealer around my eyes only. I have been using a little blush and just a light dusting of powder over my T zone. I might apply more if I were looking for a more polished work look, but I don't wear much makup to work, I am a nurse and it wears off from the mask I often wear. I really am glowing! In a good way! I apply it with the sonia kashuk blue sponge, sort of dabbing it on. I don't have to use much, so I imagine it will last awhile, which is good since it is somewhat expensive. I also wish it were in a little pump bottle rather than a tube, but a minor point. Overall, I'd rate this very highly and recommend it to my 50+ friends. I love the way my skin looks so much better and more youthful!

UPDATE: I still like this product, but no longer wear it alone. Rather, I mix it with the regular TM or other foundation for all-over use, or use by itself over the cheekbone area. I like it by itself indoors, but outdoors it's just too shiny

ONE YEAR LATER: I am still using this, which is a miracle for me, as I change makeup approaches frequently. I still mix this with a matte TM (either Mercier or Sonia Kashuk). I generally wear it with a bit of Tarte cheek stain and get loads of compliments on my skin. I am wearing less makeup than ever before, and feel like I look younger. I am careful not to use too much of this when outdoors in the sun, but indoors it's fantastic. Have re-bought once.

on 7/15/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is one of my absolute favourite tinted moisturisers. i don't use it for everyday wear as the gorgeous glow it gives you plays best on sunny days or after dark imo. it's a lovely formulation that goes on smoothly and evenly and brightens your skin in the most flattering way, highlighting the high points of your face. it definitely gives you a glow but without any oily shine, shimmer, sparkle or glitter - and for that it's worth the cost.
my only reservation is that while the tint does a good job of covering skin flaws, the illuminating effect tends to play up large pores, so a bit more preparation or finishing may be needed for those areas, but that's a small price to pay for the overall effect of lovely glowing skin.

on 3/19/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really enjoy this tinted moisturiser. I use a small amount under my foundation and it gives a lovely 'lit from within' look to my skin. I am very fair and pink (NW15) and I bought Bare Radiance. It is quite shimmery ( in a good way) and it looks great used as a highlighter on my cheekbones for a night out. Gives me a bit of a glow. I haven't used it alone yet but will probably do so come the summer months.
It is expensive but as with everything else I do think you get what you pay for. I have recently had a make up clear out and replaced my huge amount of cheap, not so great make up with fewer better quality essentials (I'll review them all now) and when I added up the cost of both piles, overall its definitely more economical to buy less, better quality products. Its great quality and there's a large amount in the tube so I think it will last a while.

on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.

on 3/30/2009 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't think product was meant to be used all over the face. I have a generous sample of it in Bare radiance and like to apply it as a highligher over cheekbones, down the middle of nose-- anywhere where I want a bit of dewiness/shimmer. There are only 3 colors to choose from, which, in my mind, is a further indication that this is not to be used all over. Very nice product to add to your foundation also.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased Bare Radiance and after trying it at home I was prepared to return it. It seemed too light and too shiny and though the site suggests mixing it with foundation, I felt I wanted to simplify things not make them more complicated. But I dotted on the mearest amount of Bobbi Brown skin foundation over it and I got the skin of my dreams. The foundation (just a tiny amount) warms it up a little and takes down the shine a little and I look radiant. It doesn't look like I have any makeup on. Plus it has and spf 20 so in the end I got a stunning look with very little work. I find that I use less makeup overall now that my complexion is taking center stage.
UPDATED: I continue to use this product by mixing it and it delivers a very vibrant complexion with hardly detectable product. I apply it over moisturizer as it doesn't deliver that much moisture, then I apply NARS tinted moisturizer (which is highly pigmented) just in areas to tamp down the shimmer such as center forehead, chin and cheeks. For my undereyes I place LM in the darker hollow and then deposit NARS over the whole undereye area. I can avoid concealer that way and all the problems that come along with creasing. Then I sweep NARS Nico lightly just over cheeks, chin and forehead and lightly under eyes. It seems like a lot but the end result is stunning and it doesn't look like makeup at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recieved a generous 0.05oz size ( close to a months supply ) in the Illuminating Natural Radiance thru Sephora. First of all, I'm such a tinted moisturizer fanatic. Always on the quest for the next best and natural looking tinted moisturizer. Well, I didn't find it with this product. It provides sheer coverage with a good color base, but the "glow" was waayyy too much. I'm 51 and don't want "I'm going to the prom" look. Honestly, I don't see any mature woman wearing this out the door w/out getting some confusing stares. Thank goodness, I listened to my gut instinct ( not the S.A. sales pitch ) and insisted on a sample first. BTW, I like many of Laura Mercier's products.

on 10/17/2008 3:58:00 AM

I love how it isn't greasy and thick like Stila Oil Free TM spf 30. I love the color Natural Radiance and how it doesn't oxidize. What I don't love about it is that it is too very over-the-top shimmery. You either wear it sparingly and get partial benefit of the SPF20 or wear it like you should with regular sunscreen and look metallic. If you're planning to own just one tinted moisturizer, skip this because you'll soon be looking for another.

on 9/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too thought this was too sparkly, but a dusting of blot powder immediately takes care of the shine. now it's my go-to TM. I will buy again

on 7/5/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this TM because I love the look and finish of Laura Mercier's regular TM in Nude. Yet, LM's regular TM does NOT protect against UVA rays. The illuminated version does protect against UVA and UVB rays, but it is so sparkly! I purchased Natural Radiance to match my NC-27 skin tone and found it to be too dark. I ended up putting the regular TM and illuminating TM together, blending it, then applying it. It's a beautiful match and finish. Yet, I worry that the sun protection isn't good enough this way.