Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.7

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 7/26/2008 1:23:00 PM

This is LM's newest Tinted Moisteriser..... I tried it for two days and found it has some pro's/con's. First, it's very shimmery, has mica in the first few ingredients. That's said, oily skinned gals or those with imperfections would not want to use this alone or it will magnify every pore and be too greasy. From the website, it's best used mixing 50/50 with LM's oil free foundation. I mixed equal parts, and yes, my face was glowing and the base stayed well through the day. I wish it wasn't as shimmery/hydrating.... It's like GA's fluid sheer, but with a little coverage and SPF20. Not sure if I will buy again. For reference, there are 3 shades, and Bare Radiance (lightest shade) is a light beige color. A little lighter than Nude in the original TM.

on 8/2/2008 11:12:00 AM

I bought this in natural after trying it at the counter and walking around the mall for a while. at first i thought it was just shimmery and sheer not worth purchasing. then i went outside and i was glowing....i really love this product. like the other reviewer mentioned it is so shimmery that i can see it borderlining on a greasy effect but i still think it is really pretty. the sales associate didn't tell me that i should mix it with my foundation like her website suggests and i haven't tried it.. (when i do that i just mix my shimmer stuff from benefit with my foundation). i cant wait to use this product in the winter when i need the hydration and it is not so hot outside so that my face is greasy from the weather + shiny from the product.

on 8/13/2008 2:08:00 PM

I love this product but deducted a lippie for the price! The LM national artist used this on me during an event. He used it after the primer and it almost covered my melasma! He then put the silk creme over it and my melasma was completely hidden. He told me if I use my TM, to mix it before applying but with the silk creme to use it before. It gave my face a wonderful glow but living in the south, I have to be very careful because of the humidity during the summer. I skip it if I know I'm going to be outside alot. Other than that I love it but I do not love the price. Will probably purchase again only because I don't use it everyday and it will last longer for me.

I got this in bare radiance and I am MAC NW20. The formula is similar to regular LM tinted moisturizer, with a highly pearlized finish. The pearl is VERY pronounced and I can't see how you would be able to use this as anything other than a base. So, as a base, it works fabulously and mixed in with my MUFE F&B looked dewy and gorgeous. BUT there are other less expensive things you could use to do the same thing! I could buy a clinique uplighting 3 times over for the price of one of these. I say save your money, it's a novelty primer for LM devotees, nothing more. So I will happily finish this, and then I will move on.

on 8/27/2008 2:24:00 PM

After the demise of delux Liquid Pearl (which I mixed with my foundation) I've been searching for a new shimmer for my face. I hesitated with the price of Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, and also because it is not oil free, but ultimately decided to splurge. I'm glad I did, because I love the coverage and the fact that it is a primer/corrector/moisturizer/illuminator all in one. The price is no longer a big issue for me, since like the other reviewers, the shimmer is pretty strong, and I will be mixing this half/half with my regular foundation (Origins Stay Tuned) and it should last practically forever as a result. It is nice to use alone in the summer, when a good deal of shimmer looks good, along with Cargo All In One concealer in the T-zone. Along with a touch of Cargo loose powder, it tones the shine right down. I'll buy again for sure, but it probably won't be for a long time since the tube is huge and a little goes a really long way! Hurray for a substitute for my beloved delux Liquid Pearl.

on 9/7/2008 9:19:00 PM

I was really excited to try this product... HOWEVER, I found it too be much too shimmering for my likings. It gives the look of NARS copacabana on its own i find.... i use it as a cheek highlighter now. and would not recommend it as a tinted moisturizer!! too much shimmer try dior hydraction instead!! much better!

EDIT: i mixed this with my regular dior TM and it looks MUCH BETTER!! it can also be used as a highlighter on its own!

on 9/10/2008 11:15:00 AM

Okay, after many, many tries, I think I have found a winning combination with this stuff!! I was so excited when I heard about this product. I tried Warm Radiance, and found the color to be just a bit "off"...not quite a match. And the shimmer was waaaay OTT. When the deluxe sample of Bare Radiance was offered, I snatched one up, thinking I could at least use it as a highlighter for cheeks, etc. Playing with my makeup a couple of days ago, however, I had a "Eureka!!" moment. I mixed, 50/50, the Bare Radiance with my WnW "Sun-kissed" TM, and have finally met my HG TM!!! The color is a perfect match, and can be adjusted as summer fades and fall approaches (I also have WnW Natural to mix with it when the time comes, BOGOF at Rite-Aid last week!!). To me, this totally justified the $$$ of LM. A tube of the regular size will last forever, and the results are gloriously radiant, luminous, and perfect!

on 9/12/2008 11:57:00 PM

I've always wanted to like the LM tinted moisturizer since it has a reputation for being one of the best out there, but the original formula did not have a color that matched my NC30-35 skin tone (nude was too light; sand was too dark). So when I found the new illuminating tinted moisturizer in natural radiance, I found it to be a perfect match. It gives me a very dewy moist look and soaks in pretty well into my dry skin. I usually have to blot with an oil-blotting paper within an hour of application, but its still a great medium-coverage everyday foundation (yes, foundation; its quite thick to be considered a "tinted moisturizer" in my opinion). Overall, love the product... will be buying another one when I run out.

on 9/15/2008 1:43:00 AM

This tinted moisturizer from L.M. gives you a really pretty, soft, pearly glow to your skin while it also gives you moisture and a light coverage makeup. I'm pretty fair and I feel that the lightest color of the three shades, bare radiance, totally warms up my pale skin without looking wrong at all. The warmer pigments just seem to blend right into my skin so perfectly. Doesn't make you look sparkly, but just glowy and radiant. If you feel it isn't enough coverage it looks good mixed with foundation too.

The formula blends easily and feels really light on the skin, not like makeup. Makes your skin feel good/soft/healthy, doesn't bother my eyes like some foundations do. LOVE this!! as well as most of the other L.M. foundations which I need to review.

I've never really been a fan of tinted moisturizers b/c most tinted moisturizers don't seem worth it. The amount of "tint" in most of them makes me feel like I might as well just wear a moisturizer with sunscreen that is not "tinted." This one is really good though. It's moisturizer, foundation, and sunscreen all in one that also gives decent enough coverage to be worth buying. Not greasy at all... I like the "illumination" it gives. Great product!