Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.9

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 3/19/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really enjoy this tinted moisturiser. I use a small amount under my foundation and it gives a lovely 'lit from within' look to my skin. I am very fair and pink (NW15) and I bought Bare Radiance. It is quite shimmery ( in a good way) and it looks great used as a highlighter on my cheekbones for a night out. Gives me a bit of a glow. I haven't used it alone yet but will probably do so come the summer months.
It is expensive but as with everything else I do think you get what you pay for. I have recently had a make up clear out and replaced my huge amount of cheap, not so great make up with fewer better quality essentials (I'll review them all now) and when I added up the cost of both piles, overall its definitely more economical to buy less, better quality products. Its great quality and there's a large amount in the tube so I think it will last a while.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using an "illuminator" that I add to my foundation to give me a slight "lift" to my face, and have had good results. I received this Laura Mercier product as a sample at Sephora and it gave me the WORST acne. Egads. It took my skin over a week to recover from it. Never again.

on 6/16/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be great for my dry skin... SO WRONG!. After the SA matched my skin and applied it all over my face they didn't have it in stock. You know how when that happens I think it's not meant to be. But, I didn't listen! Instead I went into Sephora and bought it there. I had it on for about 3 hours. Came home and looked in a mirror with different lighting. You would of thought I was in a snow globe for awhile. Just like other reviewers say FROSTY and SPARKLES! Not for me. I returned it the next day. HATED THIS! Beware of the word Illuminating.

on 2/2/2014 2:56:00 PM

The Laura Mercier TM called Natural Radiance is way too thick, with the unnaturally shiny finish of a frosted lipstick or automobile pearlized paint job from the Seventies. And it does not cover my pores that well. If a sun tan plus shine is your thing, check out Paula Dorf Jet Set Glo. It's hard to find but not discontinued. That lets more of your natural skin show through, and is not as heavy as the LM Natural Radiance.

on 9/14/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I too thought this was too sparkly, but a dusting of blot powder immediately takes care of the shine. now it's my go-to TM. I will buy again

on 7/15/2013 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is one of my absolute favourite tinted moisturisers. i don't use it for everyday wear as the gorgeous glow it gives you plays best on sunny days or after dark imo. it's a lovely formulation that goes on smoothly and evenly and brightens your skin in the most flattering way, highlighting the high points of your face. it definitely gives you a glow but without any oily shine, shimmer, sparkle or glitter - and for that it's worth the cost.
my only reservation is that while the tint does a good job of covering skin flaws, the illuminating effect tends to play up large pores, so a bit more preparation or finishing may be needed for those areas, but that's a small price to pay for the overall effect of lovely glowing skin.

on 7/26/2012 8:13:00 PM

is not to be applied all over the face. Manufacturers would like us to think otherwise. It is to illuminate cheek bones and your strong features. This is not to cover up anything. It is to highlight your own beauty. The illumination looks classy and lasts over 2 hours. I'm sorry about the SPF20 in it. A thin layer of foundation with sunscreen is never enough to provide protection from the sun, but it is well enough to irritate the hell out of any skin types. I recommend this product, because there is nothing else in the market to compete with it.

on 3/28/2012 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My dry sensitive skin makes very difficult to find a foundation that would look natural and at the same time even out my skin tone and texture. Usually it will build up on patches and my skin would flake and believe me, cakey it's not a pretty sight.
I always like to try products searching for the right one (still I am) but so far the best one and easier to blend is Laura Mercier TM. I wear in Nude, it will do the job, is kind of sheer to medium coverage, buildable, but that is what I like.
PROS .- Easy to blend, long lasting, radiant polished finish, hydrating, nice texture, light feeling
CONS.- No many color selection
TIP.- I use a primer before applying it with a foundation brush. Then I blend it with slight round movements with a beauty blender sponge and it will look really polished radiant natural skin.
If you have dry skin, never apply foundation with stipple or blush brush, they will make your skin flake; apply with a wet sponge for sheer coverage or foundation brush for medium + coverage,

on 8/16/2011 7:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Makes my skin have a beautiful glow. I only used the regular tinted moisturizer but heard about this so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm 53 and it was a bit over the top at 1st. I use Becca sand tinted moisturizer. I got hooked when Sephora had a sale @ $10 each. I rarely ever finish up any product but used every drop of my Becca. I repurchased in sand and now put a pea size amount of the Becca and pea size amount of the LM illuminating TM. I swirl together with my fingers and apply all over my face and get such a pretty glow. I use so little of both products they will last forever. I even get complimented on how glowing I look by strangers. I have pretty perfect skin and am starting to have some uneven redness but the 2 products combined make everything perfect. I will repurchase both again. I don't feel the price is horrible. As long as it works and I'm happy the price means nothing. I have bought LE MAC items that were horrible for the same amount. I do want to try Laura Mercier's new moisture supreme foundation but it will only replace the Becca, not the illuminating TM.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased Bare Radiance and after trying it at home I was prepared to return it. It seemed too light and too shiny and though the site suggests mixing it with foundation, I felt I wanted to simplify things not make them more complicated. But I dotted on the mearest amount of Bobbi Brown skin foundation over it and I got the skin of my dreams. The foundation (just a tiny amount) warms it up a little and takes down the shine a little and I look radiant. It doesn't look like I have any makeup on. Plus it has and spf 20 so in the end I got a stunning look with very little work. I find that I use less makeup overall now that my complexion is taking center stage.
UPDATED: I continue to use this product by mixing it and it delivers a very vibrant complexion with hardly detectable product. I apply it over moisturizer as it doesn't deliver that much moisture, then I apply NARS tinted moisturizer (which is highly pigmented) just in areas to tamp down the shimmer such as center forehead, chin and cheeks. For my undereyes I place LM in the darker hollow and then deposit NARS over the whole undereye area. I can avoid concealer that way and all the problems that come along with creasing. Then I sweep NARS Nico lightly just over cheeks, chin and forehead and lightly under eyes. It seems like a lot but the end result is stunning and it doesn't look like makeup at all.