Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

Filtered by age: 36-43
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Illuminating

3.5

Octinoxate 7.50%, Avorbenzone 2.00%. Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Xylitylglucoside, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), XYlitol, Copper Gluconate, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Carbomer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Tin Oxide.

on 4/3/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a little more coverage after wearing mineral foundation for a long time and thought I'd get better coverage with a tinted foundation. So I read on the Sephora website reviews about the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and went and bought it and brought it home and was extremely disappointed. I am acne prone and I believe it was supposed to not break me out according to the sales clerk- but it did break me out, terribly, and it felt like a face full of makeup sitting on my face because to get it to absorb all the way you have to rub it in to the point where there is no longer any tint or coverage. I don't recommend it. I actually got more coverage and my skin was better with different mineral makeups and if you want more coverage then that the Dior bb cream was really good and the Clinique acne liquid is awesome and I just bought it and love it, and I actually.. with certain powders.. can get full coverage and they don't clog my pores because they are non acnegenic or non comedogenic, so I have this one and another expensive Tinted Moisturizer from Perricone that also broke me out that I will not use. I Do not recommend this for people who have oily or combination or acne-prone skin.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my holy grail. I looked forever for a tinted moisturizer that wasn't too sheer or had too much pink or orange in it, but still provided enough coverage to cover mild skin imperfections. I suffer from melasma/hyperpigmentation, but I personally do not care for the look of foundation and have always used a product such as BareMinerals for this reason. I want it to look like my skin, only better. Laura Mercier's Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer accomplishes this mission perfectly, albeit expensively. It provides a lovely finish that looks amazing even in professional photos and covers imperfections impressively for not being a foundation. You do not need additional highlighting, as this provides the perfect glow with no additional products. If you find you have too much shine, just swipe a little translucent powder on your t-zone and you are all set. A little bit goes a long way, and I think the folks that experience too much shine might be using too much or are using an additional product to highlight, which can wind up making you look greasy. I literally use a tiny squeeze, rub my hands together and apply right over my daytime moisturizer. (I live in a dry climate, so I double up.) I use this under BareMinerals when I want a little more coverage, but this is pretty effective on its own. I couldn't be happier with this and I hope they never quit making it. If you read the ratings by the Cosmetics Cop on Beautypedia, you'll see this has a rating of "BEST". There is a reason for this! I do recommend getting some samples from Sephora and taking them home to try out the colors if you aren't sure, because it is pricey. But even if you get a color that is too dark, you can still make it work just by adding some moisturizer to sheer it out a little. It is on the expensive side, but it truly is amazing! I get compliments on my skin all the time, and this is one of my secrets!

UPDATE: This is still my favorite tinted moisturizer. I tried TheBalm's Balm Shelter and the color range is lacking and my skin didn't look as happy, so I returned it. I hope LM never stops making this product.

on 3/15/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh dear, this does not work for me at all. Thick and glittery with strange orange undertones, it highlights all the imperfections of my actually-fairly-okay skin. I bought it after reading a rave review by The Guardian's Sali Hughes. We're about the same age, I think, and she knows her stuff. But now I realise she must have very fine, dry skin, and for those skin types, this possibly does work well. If you have even one visible pore, forget it. This managed to pick out pores I can't even see when I'm not wearing makeup! We all want our skin to look dewy, but if yours is naturally oily, you probably just don't need something with this much shimmer. It's like putting highlighter all over your face. I think that's how I'm going to treat this, actually - will mix with my usual LM Tinted Moisturiser as a cheekbone highlight. Sadly, I can't think of any other use for it.

Love it ! Makes my skin glow and look healthy. A bit too much sparkle but with a dusting of powder looks fantastic .

PROS: Good coverage for a TM. Price isn't the worst. Gorgeous illuminating glow. Moisturizing satin/glow finish.

CONS: The illumination gave my wrinkles too much trouble for me to purchase. (see alternates)

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to first use L'oreal magic perfecting primer patted into pores to disguise my pores and make the foundation last longer. I let it set and I then use my spf/moisturizer and then apply foundation with a moist beauty blender sponge.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: Laura's regular TM is okay, but kind of aging in my wrinkles. I used to always go back to my L'oreal Visible Lift Serum foundation, but....I've recently found something that is the best thing for my wrinkles and pores I've EVER tried, Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF 15 foundation It's not as drying as the Visible Lift one ad better in my wrinkles. And if you want light coverage, like a TM, TheBalm Tinted Moisturizer "Balm Shelter" is beautiful on skin.

I am long time chantecaille fan but this Laura Mercier is a new find. lovely and illuminating perfect glow for over 40 skin. just dust powder in t zone and lasts all day. I use a primer under and have no trouble with oil breakthrough. I still love the just skin more; color is better and lasts longer but this one is very nice too.

on 3/20/2013 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this for months and growing to like it more and more. I prefer this to the tinted primer which i only tested in the store because the tinted moisturizer is more luminious. I only use this on the dry areas of my face (combination skin), my cheek areas. Sometimes i mix it with something not luminious to mute it alittle. I love the glow it gives me. When i first got this, i made the mistake of applying it all over my face, and my T zone looked disgustingly greasy. Do not use this on oily areas.

I live in a humid climate and this did not give me any problems and stayed on well throughout the day. I am NC25-30 and the shade bare radiance match perfectly.

I could hardly detect the light scent, which is pleasant. Its a light creamy texture, sets quickly and feels great on. Does not feel heavy, overall really liked this even though you most probably be able to mix a normal foundation with alittle liquid highlighter to get the same results.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: I'm about halfway through the tube and I'm finding myself more dissatisfied with this product's short wear life especially in warmer weather. Still, it's proving very versatile. I've been wearing it as a sunscreen/primer, stippling over it with Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, and sprinkling Too Faced Primed and Poreless Loose Powder. The effect is gorgeous, very beautiful polished skin but remarkably natural. In the office, a co-worker stared at me and finally asked, "Are you wearing makeup?" This application wears longer and is more easily maintained than the TM by itself.

Original Review:
FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

I wear this product in Bare Radiance. It's a shade too deep for me, but it gives me an attractive, fair bronzed look, more "healthy" than "sun-kissed." I love LM products and am rarely disappointed in them. This product is unusually good and works pretty well for me.

It applies like a creamy lotion and the luminous finish gives surprising coverage. I reach for this product when I don't want to bother with concealer, just smooth on with fingers over oil-free primer, pat gently under eyes, and set with matte, oil-free powder. A light neutral lip gloss and I'm done. No other makeup. It gives me a healthy, radiant look and yes, it camouflages dark circles and red discoloration pretty well. Not invisible, but definitely minimized and less obvious.

If you are used to matte or ultra-matte looks, the dewy "glow" might overwhelm you. It doesn't look "fake" or "Twilight-ish" to me, and I apply this TM all over my face. That said, it's not matte or satin. It is luminous and that's what it looks like. I suggest sampling it and wearing a few times before deciding on whether it's the right look for you.

I dislike a few things about it. I think it would be better in a pump bottle or pump tube so consumers could control the application. In excessive heat (natural or artificial) it "separates" on my skin and looks patchy. The wear is decent for TM. I get about 5-6 hours good wear out of it, by lunch time I need to blot and brush on a little powder foundation to extend wear through the workday. Without the touch-up it deteriorates to greasy shine territory. If I were ten years younger -- with very oily skin -- I could never have tolerated this product.

I'm not sure how well this product photographs. It's pretty dewy, so I can't imagine it looking good in photos. Probably not the best choice for wearing to weddings or at events where one is likely to be photographed or filmed.

Also, as much as I like it, I don't believe it's worth $43. I cringe at paying so much for this, especially due to the poor wear time. But I don't think there's another comparable product on the market so I'll definitely purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have nude, a very skin-natural toned light caramel-beige shade especially nice on neutral to warm skin. However is so intensely shimmery that it glitters like a crazy diamond in direct sunlight. I doubt anyone would actually want to use this all over their face in the daylight which is when you usually need an SPF product! If you are considering this I'd recommend treating it like a bronzing tint to mix in a little shot of "glow" into your regular tinted moisturiser, foundation or sunblock. Or use as a cheekbones and brow highlighter. Its very pretty used this way. It melds more naturally into skin than most powder highlighters as the particles are very fine. At my age I prefer to gleam & sheen rather than glitter, haha. A tiny bit on the backs of hands covers age spots nicely and makes hands look tanned too.

on 1/30/2012 7:16:00 PM

I have this in natural and the warm.both are too dark for me in winter, especially the warm. However, when I need a glow or need to warm up my foundation a bit, these are fine. However, I notice I used up the bisque non glow finish product, which means it goes better with my skin. I guess shimmer is not something I reach for every day, but I like to have these on hand.