Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

4.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never ever do I buy products from salons specifically because they're outrageously priced (this tub cost me 45$) but I was kind of bullied into it by one of the salon staff. Long story.
Anyways, at the time my hair was pretty dark with highlights and I'd done it all myself thus it was pretty dry and fried at the ends. She told me that it would help me grow my hair out thus I obliged.

Well when I first used it I hated it. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the circumstances of where I got it being fresh in my mind? Dunno.

But fast forward 2 years and my hair is way more f'ed up than it was then after being bleached and dyed and stripped and I'd done protein treatments but needed some intense moisture and TLC. So I found this tub and gave it a go.

I literally used far more than a normal sane person would've espesh with shoulder length hair like mine but my ends were so crunchy I just couldn't resist. I left it on for 15 minutes and rinse with COLD water.

Now, blow drying my hair (when it usually gets the most crunch going on) my hair is so freakin soft. Like, what happened?!? Not to mention it's shiny! AND the once-gummy pieces are acting like part of the group now, no breakage or frizz. Granted, I can still see the damage but I'd say it's been reduced in half by touch alone.

I can see how some might find this product greasy or bad in excess because it's so thick and rich but my hair is desperate and so it just gobbled it all up.
I would prob use this once a week from now on as I'm trying to limit how often I wash my hair (2x a week...eek) and for those not happy with the results, try JUST TRY rinsing your hair with cold water. I know, it's painful but for the sake of hair!

Idk. I wouldn't buy again for that price as I've seen it cheaper but I'd say its 5/5 in performance.

oh and I should probably mention I used Biotera Long and Healthy Triple Leave-In on my lengths and Its a 10 leave- in conditioner on top of that. BUT, even so, no conditioner married with those two has left me results like this.

on 5/12/2014 5:30:00 PM

I have been using this treatment for about 9 months now and I absolutely LOVE IT!! I love being a blonde (ahem not my natural color) so I have a few years of highlights and lowlights. After my second child my hair was a dull, dry, lifeless mess. It definately needed some TLC and this product has done WONDERS to my hair.

I do use it in the shower sometimes when I am in a hurry (leaving it in for 5 or 10 minutes then rinse), but most of the time I leave it on a lot longer. About every 2-3 weeks I use a clarifying shampoo, towel dry, separate, and apply to every inch of my hair combing it in with a wide tooth comb. I wind it up place it on top of my head with a clip then put a disposable shower cap on. Add a warmed towel from the microwave and do some house work ect for 1 - 2 hours. Rinse and style! It does take a little effort to rinse it out so I start with pretty warm water and turn it cooler. But the end result is remarkable. Has definately saved my hair! It does weigh my hair down slightly the day I use it, but I can still get plenty of volume and my hair still holds curl. Any added weight is gone the next shampoo but my hair is still moisturized and shiney.

The price is a little steep upon first glance, but considering I am still on my first tub after 9 months and my hair length is to my bra strap, not too bad. I have definately spent more on things that didn't last as long or work nearly as well! I have never been too impressed by Redken's products in the past, but a huge thank you to the Ulta salesperson who recommended this!!

on 12/6/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What I think a lot of people don't realize about this product is that you need to lightly shampoo it out. It is WAAAY too rich to use as a regular conditioner.
I have bleached-from-black blond hair and my ends are very sensitive. I have curly frizzy hair that I straighten 2 times a week. On my off days I shower and slather it in my hair for over night. 1. it does stink in my opinion, 2 it does make your hair sticky and hard to get your fingers through when slightly dried, 3 IT WORKS! after i use it my curls are more defined and less frizzy. when i straighten it my ends are more in control and look less crazy, my hair is more supple and smooth and is much more bouncy.
honestly, i would put anything in my hair if it meant that it would look healthier. in my opinion, if it works and does what it says it does, not much else matters.
there are plenty of other cheaper less effective masks out there that smell good if thats what you're looking for. This mask is worth the price and effort for the quality of results it gives.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I have long, very thick, wavy, out-of-control hair that I color every 6 weeks and straighten on a daily basis - needless to say, it requires a lot of attention to keep from drying out.

I purchased this at Sephora, and the Sales Associate said to leave it in overnight once a week. The results are FANTASTIC! My hair is much smoother, shinier, and healthier after each treatment.

The only thing is that if you do leave it in overnight, you'll need to shampoo and condition it to get all of the product out. I tried just rinsing it out the first time, and my hair definitely was "chunky" in spots where the product wasn't entirely rinsed out.

Also, I have the tube packaging, which is very easy to work with.

on 12/24/2011 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have had all the hair colours under the sun which I could call 'natural' in some way.

In the last few years I have bleached my hair from black to a an orangey red copper blonde, damaging it all the way. This conditioner is the ONLY thing that works. I use redken all soft shampoo and this instead of a normal conditioner and it keeps my hair from breaking or snapping and in great condition. I wouldn't use anything else!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is awesome ! It leaves your hair like silk ! love it

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have to say that this product does what it promises. I have long coarse, hair and very dry hair, and this does make my hair silky smooth. My hair never tangles but this does make it more slippery. I find it a bit hard to rinse out though. I like putting on the masque and let it sit overnight, and then rinse out without actually taking a shower in the morning. I'd like to use cool water, but I must use warm water with this treatment.

It also apperas that the effect lasts a couple of washes, which is very good. My hair feels stronger, longer, than with any other mask. The reason I don't give this a full five points is because it is so hard to rinse out. The butter treat or heavy cream are also very good, and a lot easier to rinse out. However, I'm pretty sure I'll buy this again, as it is a very good product.

on 2/7/2011 10:38:00 PM

This is a fantastic deep conditioner! Every time I use this my hair feels soft and manageable. It also doesn't leave build-up and helps prime the hair for a smooth blow-out. I use this once a week and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, definitely one of the best nourishing conditioners out there!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been looking for a hair mask/treatment for my naturally coarse and dry hair. I don't heat style (~3x a month?) or color my hair, but unfortunately, the natural texture is between straw and silk! I've tried: terax crema, phyto, nexxus humectress, bumble & bumble... nothing made an overwhelming "oh my gosh, look at the difference!" impression. THIS STUFF DID. I shampooed with Tressame Naturals shampoo + added a good 1/2 handful of this stuff to 3/4 of my hair (avoiding roots)... left it on for 7-8 mins or so, after I rinsed it off, I could feel something about my hair was different, I was scared. Towel dried my hair and then when it was 80% dry, I put Kerastase Ultime Elixir on the ends. Threw it up in a bun & let it down about 2 hours later... it was still damp but dried gorgeous. GORGEOUS. The next morning, I threw a detangler comb threw my long (mid-back length) hair & that's it. I had bought the $3 sample bottle at Ulta, I'll be repurchasing full size asap.
*Please note, the Kerastase Ultime Elixir serum is pretty fabulous in & of itself, but certainly did not acheive these results without the Redken treatment. I love both products tho!

on 10/23/2010 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

It's very concentrated! I have thick hair, but this product weighs it down if I use too much. Also, it gives my hair a bit of a waxy feel that I don't like. I prefer the Butter Treat from the Smooth Down line.