Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

4.2

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never ever do I buy products from salons specifically because they're outrageously priced (this tub cost me 45$) but I was kind of bullied into it by one of the salon staff. Long story.
Anyways, at the time my hair was pretty dark with highlights and I'd done it all myself thus it was pretty dry and fried at the ends. She told me that it would help me grow my hair out thus I obliged.

Well when I first used it I hated it. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the circumstances of where I got it being fresh in my mind? Dunno.

But fast forward 2 years and my hair is way more f'ed up than it was then after being bleached and dyed and stripped and I'd done protein treatments but needed some intense moisture and TLC. So I found this tub and gave it a go.

I literally used far more than a normal sane person would've espesh with shoulder length hair like mine but my ends were so crunchy I just couldn't resist. I left it on for 15 minutes and rinse with COLD water.

Now, blow drying my hair (when it usually gets the most crunch going on) my hair is so freakin soft. Like, what happened?!? Not to mention it's shiny! AND the once-gummy pieces are acting like part of the group now, no breakage or frizz. Granted, I can still see the damage but I'd say it's been reduced in half by touch alone.

I can see how some might find this product greasy or bad in excess because it's so thick and rich but my hair is desperate and so it just gobbled it all up.
I would prob use this once a week from now on as I'm trying to limit how often I wash my hair (2x a week...eek) and for those not happy with the results, try JUST TRY rinsing your hair with cold water. I know, it's painful but for the sake of hair!

Idk. I wouldn't buy again for that price as I've seen it cheaper but I'd say its 5/5 in performance.

oh and I should probably mention I used Biotera Long and Healthy Triple Leave-In on my lengths and Its a 10 leave- in conditioner on top of that. BUT, even so, no conditioner married with those two has left me results like this.

on 1/15/2015 10:28:00 PM

Love Love Love this stuff! I am currently in the process of growing out my hair after a trip to a bad (and outrageously overpriced) hairdresser turned my subtle highlights into a yellow-blonde, brittle, mess. My hair was in such bad condition that I dreaded washing it as it was a nightmare to comb and was breaking off by the clump. My new (fabulous) hairdresser recommended this to me about a year ago and I am really impressed with the quality of my hair now. I'm not going to lie and say it repaired my damaged-beyond-repair tresses because it's not a miracle worker, but it prevented more damage from occurring while I endured the slow process of growing my hair and having the damaged ends trimmed off (wasn't game to go for the dramatic chop that my hairdresser originally suggested). It has made my hair soft, manageable, and best of all easy to comb (there's barely a strand in my comb when I am done). Highly recommend. My only bugbear is the tub -- a tube would be much more manageable in the shower.

on 5/13/2014 1:31:00 PM

My hair is fried: dyed, bleached, dyed again and highlighted in the last 6 months. I have short hair so they get a trim fairly often but even then, they need special care. After reading the reviews i decided to go for this mask. I left it on for about an hour, rinsed and let my hair dry. Honestly, i don't see much difference.....My hair is slightly softer but nothing miraculous. I am disappointed, i was kind of expecting something a bit more dramatic. I get the same result with a drugstore mask....too bad.

on 5/12/2014 2:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this stuff! Now I know that the package says that it's for dense, unruly hair (or something along those lines) which I definitely do not have. In fact I have pretty fine hair, but I do have a lot of it. But it's also very dry, due to the fact that I flat iron my hair everyday... and have it colored every 5-6 weeks or so.

I use this treatment maybe once or twice a week (I only shampoo my hair mayyyybe 3 or 4 times a week, depends on what i'm doing and how oily my hair gets). Either way, I shampoo my hair first with my Pureology Hydrate, and then I squeeze out all the excess water, take a scoop of this out of the tub and start rubbing it through my ends first. Usually i'll just leave it on throughout the duration of my shower, so maybe 5-10 minutes or so. Not that long. I still find as soon as I rinse this out, my hair feels AH-MAZING. So soft and tangle free! I do still use my regular conditioner after this too.

Once I get out of the shower I put in my usual products (fast food leave on and bb cream from AG) and I never ever blow dry my hair so I just let it air dry. The next day my hair is so soft and silky and shiny. I just can't stop touching it. It's a little pricey here, about $28, but worth every penny, i've had my tub for about six months. I'm only just starting to get to the bottom of the container now. Definitely will repurchase!

on 5/21/2013 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have repurchase this about 3 times I absolutely love it For reference I have thick curly hair and I use this twice or three times a week it does not weight my hair down..it leaves my hair super soft and very manageable! I specially use this after I color my hair and it seems not to look as damaged.

REAL CONTROL? ........LOL. more like out of control.
I am ALWAYS careful when it comes to not using too much of a hair mask. I make sure I am not using too much. I used the same amount when I tried this out as when I use my other hair masks (My 2 favorites) which are Redken Curvaceous and Macadamia Natural Oil hair mask. I do not understand what the deal was with this...BUT I SPENT A HALF HOUR OR MORE TRYING TO RINSE THIS OUT IN THE SHOWER. OMFG. I have color treated hair two shades darker than my natural, and that probably washed away a lot of the color ;/ This stuff made my hair feel sticky and hard WHILE rinsing it out. The other 2 hair masks I use make my hair feel silky while rinsing them out. This was HARD to wash out. Afterwards, my hair was super easy to brush and soft....but the day after that it is just weighed down. hated this product and returned it immediately

on 12/24/2011 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have had all the hair colours under the sun which I could call 'natural' in some way.

In the last few years I have bleached my hair from black to a an orangey red copper blonde, damaging it all the way. This conditioner is the ONLY thing that works. I use redken all soft shampoo and this instead of a normal conditioner and it keeps my hair from breaking or snapping and in great condition. I wouldn't use anything else!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is awesome ! It leaves your hair like silk ! love it

on 2/7/2011 10:38:00 PM

This is a fantastic deep conditioner! Every time I use this my hair feels soft and manageable. It also doesn't leave build-up and helps prime the hair for a smooth blow-out. I use this once a week and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, definitely one of the best nourishing conditioners out there!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've been looking for a hair mask/treatment for my naturally coarse and dry hair. I don't heat style (~3x a month?) or color my hair, but unfortunately, the natural texture is between straw and silk! I've tried: terax crema, phyto, nexxus humectress, bumble & bumble... nothing made an overwhelming "oh my gosh, look at the difference!" impression. THIS STUFF DID. I shampooed with Tressame Naturals shampoo + added a good 1/2 handful of this stuff to 3/4 of my hair (avoiding roots)... left it on for 7-8 mins or so, after I rinsed it off, I could feel something about my hair was different, I was scared. Towel dried my hair and then when it was 80% dry, I put Kerastase Ultime Elixir on the ends. Threw it up in a bun & let it down about 2 hours later... it was still damp but dried gorgeous. GORGEOUS. The next morning, I threw a detangler comb threw my long (mid-back length) hair & that's it. I had bought the $3 sample bottle at Ulta, I'll be repurchasing full size asap.
*Please note, the Kerastase Ultime Elixir serum is pretty fabulous in & of itself, but certainly did not acheive these results without the Redken treatment. I love both products tho!