Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

4.4

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never ever do I buy products from salons specifically because they're outrageously priced (this tub cost me 45$) but I was kind of bullied into it by one of the salon staff. Long story.
Anyways, at the time my hair was pretty dark with highlights and I'd done it all myself thus it was pretty dry and fried at the ends. She told me that it would help me grow my hair out thus I obliged.

Well when I first used it I hated it. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the circumstances of where I got it being fresh in my mind? Dunno.

But fast forward 2 years and my hair is way more f'ed up than it was then after being bleached and dyed and stripped and I'd done protein treatments but needed some intense moisture and TLC. So I found this tub and gave it a go.

I literally used far more than a normal sane person would've espesh with shoulder length hair like mine but my ends were so crunchy I just couldn't resist. I left it on for 15 minutes and rinse with COLD water.

Now, blow drying my hair (when it usually gets the most crunch going on) my hair is so freakin soft. Like, what happened?!? Not to mention it's shiny! AND the once-gummy pieces are acting like part of the group now, no breakage or frizz. Granted, I can still see the damage but I'd say it's been reduced in half by touch alone.

I can see how some might find this product greasy or bad in excess because it's so thick and rich but my hair is desperate and so it just gobbled it all up.
I would prob use this once a week from now on as I'm trying to limit how often I wash my hair (2x a week...eek) and for those not happy with the results, try JUST TRY rinsing your hair with cold water. I know, it's painful but for the sake of hair!

Idk. I wouldn't buy again for that price as I've seen it cheaper but I'd say its 5/5 in performance.

oh and I should probably mention I used Biotera Long and Healthy Triple Leave-In on my lengths and Its a 10 leave- in conditioner on top of that. BUT, even so, no conditioner married with those two has left me results like this.

on 12/6/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

What I think a lot of people don't realize about this product is that you need to lightly shampoo it out. It is WAAAY too rich to use as a regular conditioner.
I have bleached-from-black blond hair and my ends are very sensitive. I have curly frizzy hair that I straighten 2 times a week. On my off days I shower and slather it in my hair for over night. 1. it does stink in my opinion, 2 it does make your hair sticky and hard to get your fingers through when slightly dried, 3 IT WORKS! after i use it my curls are more defined and less frizzy. when i straighten it my ends are more in control and look less crazy, my hair is more supple and smooth and is much more bouncy.
honestly, i would put anything in my hair if it meant that it would look healthier. in my opinion, if it works and does what it says it does, not much else matters.
there are plenty of other cheaper less effective masks out there that smell good if thats what you're looking for. This mask is worth the price and effort for the quality of results it gives.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I have long, very thick, wavy, out-of-control hair that I color every 6 weeks and straighten on a daily basis - needless to say, it requires a lot of attention to keep from drying out.

I purchased this at Sephora, and the Sales Associate said to leave it in overnight once a week. The results are FANTASTIC! My hair is much smoother, shinier, and healthier after each treatment.

The only thing is that if you do leave it in overnight, you'll need to shampoo and condition it to get all of the product out. I tried just rinsing it out the first time, and my hair definitely was "chunky" in spots where the product wasn't entirely rinsed out.

Also, I have the tube packaging, which is very easy to work with.

on 4/18/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i have medium curly hair that i wear wavy/straight and this is the only conditioner that tames my hair WITHOUT leaving residue i love it HG product for me(: ive gone thru 3 of them so far and im not going back

on 6/25/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I really like this. It brings down the volume on my hair (which is a good thing), gives good slip, controls my curls, and makes my hair shiny. Good stuff.

I like this product because I found it to have many pros including moisture. Although it does not make the hair very silky and smooth as I had hope,

Overal, I prefer this over many other products out there and is worth trying =)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I apply this after I shampoo in the shower. I use a big handful and coat my ends, then work up to my roots. I then use a wide tooth comb to distribute throughout. I have not found this to make my hair greasy or have 'product build up' or be too heavy. At the same time, my hair is seriously parched and dull. I leave it on for a few minutes (I'll shave my legs or wash my face), and rinse out. Immediately my hair feels so much more smooth and hydrated. I only use this about once a week (I use Pureology Reconstruct&Repair as my daily). I will be repurchasing, definitely. This deep conditioner comes in a large tub. Easy to scoop out too much, but then easy to put back in the jar. I think it is very cheap in price compared to the brands I normally buy. Ex: Pureology, Kerastase, Bumble&bumble. A lot of product for not a lot of $$.

1. The smell. Are they kidding?! Y-U-M-M-Y!! I would eat this with a spoon if I didn't know it would hurt me.
2. Made with Latina/African-American hair in mind... a good idea, I think. And Redken delivered well on this one. I, myself, have overly bleached, damaged, dry, frizzy, splitting THICK hair. I really like to go for hair products made for African American women.
3. A wonderfully equal amount of smoothing AND repairing. Yes! Yes! Yes!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My new favorite deep conditioner - it's even better than Heavy Cream, which I love. The consistency is much richer and you can really feel the difference right away. I bought a travel sized tube to try and can't wait to buy the full jar.

on 12/2/2008 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously I will never buy any other treatment apart from this one. My hair used to be dry and damaged and now it's in better condition than its ever been in! I absolutely adore this product!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE: This just doesn't work for me anymore. I am currently in love with Kerastase. Expensive, but fabulous.

This tub of mask is HUGE and not bad price-wise. This smells very similar to the So Long products Redken had a few years ago.

I liked it at first, but for a mask it isn't that intense or hydrating. It is just an ok conditioner. I'm sorry it didn't continue to meet my needs.