Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

3.7

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I @think@ this works well. My style is suggested it since my ends of my hair were bleached and dry from going ombre. My hair tends to be a little understanding side and its pretty straight with a slight slight slight bit of ways. I put it on my head and left it on for 6 hours as I walked around the house on a Saturday. But I'd cap over it as my hairdresser suggested. Rinsed it out and did not shampoo after. I thought it made a nice difference to my hair. I did it again two days later and still feel like the product was worth buying. I only needed a little bit so it seems like the jar is going to last a long time. My hair does look less frizzy on the end. There's another Redken jar/mask product that after reading up on seal may have been a better match for me. Its called Extreme Stregnt and comes in purpleish jar. You'll see it its on makeup alley. Same type of idea as this product. This one seems to work well (from what I read) if your hair is thick and curly, which mine is thin and pretty straight but I was happy with the product overall. When this jar runs out which probably will be 6 months or more with using 2 or 3 times a week I may try the other Redken product that is similar (Extreme Strength mask). I feel it was worth the money and I'm pretty thrifty.

on 6/27/2012 8:54:00 PM

I bought this product, All Soft shampoo and conditioner, and Cleansing Cream shampoo. I used the Cleansing Cream and it really dried out my hair. Decided to go ahead and use this moisturizing mask. It worked really well! My hair gets really dry and tangled and this seemed to really help. The two problems are the packaging and price. I believe it was about $16. Not too bad, but still quite pricey. Also, the container is hard to open when your hands are wet and it's kinda bulky so it's hard to find a place to put it down while you're using it. I still like it though and will re-buy!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is awesome ! It leaves your hair like silk ! love it

on 7/15/2011 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm glad to see other Ladies having great results with this product. But it just goes to show what works for one, will not always for another because I like a few other ladies who have commented before did not receive even sub par results with this conditioner. I am learning through expensive$$ mistakes you cannot base too much off what another person thinks. This product as much as I wanted it to work, at first in my wet hair felt as though it had softened and smoothed down my hairs but when i rinsed the conditioner out and air dryed my hair became very frizzy dull and ever so slightly dry. Far from impressed, I purchased this from Ulta yesterday evening and will be returning it promptly this afternoon. Not good at all did the exact opposite of what I needed/expected it to do and the frizz & dryness bonus was a parting gift.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have to say that this product does what it promises. I have long coarse, hair and very dry hair, and this does make my hair silky smooth. My hair never tangles but this does make it more slippery. I find it a bit hard to rinse out though. I like putting on the masque and let it sit overnight, and then rinse out without actually taking a shower in the morning. I'd like to use cool water, but I must use warm water with this treatment.

It also apperas that the effect lasts a couple of washes, which is very good. My hair feels stronger, longer, than with any other mask. The reason I don't give this a full five points is because it is so hard to rinse out. The butter treat or heavy cream are also very good, and a lot easier to rinse out. However, I'm pretty sure I'll buy this again, as it is a very good product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really really like this product. My hairdresser recommended it to me and I love it. I have fine hair and sometimes I get the frizzies at the ends especially between cuts and this product just smoothes everything out. I work a teeny bit into the ends of my hair ( if I put it on my roots it would be a huge greasefest!), and the let it sit and rinse it out. I just restores the moisture and makes it easier to comb through. I'm probably never going to have to buy this product again just because you get so much of it! Totally worth it! *wink* ;)

on 5/3/2010 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Packaging - really convenient since you can control exactly how much you want to use and scoop out til the very last drop.

Smell - very good, not overpowering.The Redken smooth down shampoo & conditioner burns my nose and makes me sneeze, so this was a nice surprise.

Effectiveness - this is where this product seriously lacks. I saw it had so many good reviews, so I decided to try it out. It's weird that this product claims to tame frizzy hair - my hair isn't frizzy to begin with, and this product actually made my hair frizzy!!! (btw: I'm using it because my hair is very weak from excessive bleaching) Can't say I've ever experienced that with a conditioner....It doesn't weigh my hair down (so far), but it also doesn't detangle or make it much softer/smoother. Big thumbs down on this one!

My recommendation: Sebastian Penetraitt Masque (it is a hassle since the product is heat activated and you have to blow dry your hair for about 10 minutes, but it gives AMAZING results!)

I applied this mask and left it in my hair for 15 minutes with a shower cap on while I exfoliated in the shower.

My hair is dry, frizzy and out of control. This conditioning mask made my hair look so much healthier. When I blew dry my hair it was soft, and SHINY and much healthier looking. I will Definitely keep this and recommend it. I plan on using it weekly.

on 1/12/2009 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very thick, dry, dense, chemically straightened, hair and this line sounded tailor made for me. I hoped my quest for a product to condition, smooth and de-voluminize would end here, but was disappointed. Tried the shampoo, conditioner and creme. Hair was no less voluminous, nor smoothed, and even though it felt greasy it wasn't truly moisturized either. Didn't make styling any easier, or give a good final result. Definitely won't buy (or even use) again.

on 10/29/2008 5:56:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE the real Control line and this is by far the best mask I have ever used. It makes my hair soft, shiny and sleek. This line is the best I have ever used and I have wasted so much money looking for something like this. The search is over, have found the HG of hair products!