Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Filtered by skin type : Other
Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

2.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

on 11/16/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Real control is supposedly Redkens heavy duty moisture line but I actually think All Soft works better. I have very dry hair and I feel that this mask add moisture but not much change in the areas I need, mostly the ends of course. I'm giving it three stars because although it misses it's points on moisture it gives a gorgeous shine.

I had high hopes on this product. I have been quite satisfied to use the Redken Smooth Down Butter treatment for a couple of years, and thought it would be a fantastic idea to try this one.

First, my hair is quite long, Caucasian fine/medium texture, and straight. I also have unprocessed hair, something not so common these days.

The result of this mask was a soft but frizzy, lacklustre texture with just a hint of shine. Actually, the shine was similar to my hair without any conditioners, thus it actually did not enhance any shine-factors for me (neither did it dull my hair).

My hair is quite boring, however, I know a product is quite uneffective when people around you suddenly comment on the lack of volume and extra frizz, which happened when I used this mask. What a strange combination, frizz and a lack of volume...I do not know how this mask did this!!! Wow, that makes it an expensive and utterly craptastic product for me!

Overall, I would not even rebuy this product if it was given to me for free.