Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

4.1

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

First off, I have straight, long-to my hips-brown hair that is healthy, I take really good care of it. It is virgin hair that has never been dyed and I never use heat on it. And I am half Japanese, half white.

Now that you know a bit about my hair type, I loved this hair mask, but it was my first salon hair mask. I still love it though, and use it regularly. It leaves my hair shiny, soft, manageable, and frizz-free. Even on rainy days, my hair is not lumps of frizz.

The price is expensive but I got it for a buy one get one free deal so it was not that bad. As for it being in a tub, I do not really mind it because most of my masks are like that.

Overall, I give it five stars for putting my hair in amazing condition.

on 5/12/2014 5:30:00 PM

I have been using this treatment for about 9 months now and I absolutely LOVE IT!! I love being a blonde (ahem not my natural color) so I have a few years of highlights and lowlights. After my second child my hair was a dull, dry, lifeless mess. It definately needed some TLC and this product has done WONDERS to my hair.

I do use it in the shower sometimes when I am in a hurry (leaving it in for 5 or 10 minutes then rinse), but most of the time I leave it on a lot longer. About every 2-3 weeks I use a clarifying shampoo, towel dry, separate, and apply to every inch of my hair combing it in with a wide tooth comb. I wind it up place it on top of my head with a clip then put a disposable shower cap on. Add a warmed towel from the microwave and do some house work ect for 1 - 2 hours. Rinse and style! It does take a little effort to rinse it out so I start with pretty warm water and turn it cooler. But the end result is remarkable. Has definately saved my hair! It does weigh my hair down slightly the day I use it, but I can still get plenty of volume and my hair still holds curl. Any added weight is gone the next shampoo but my hair is still moisturized and shiney.

The price is a little steep upon first glance, but considering I am still on my first tub after 9 months and my hair length is to my bra strap, not too bad. I have definately spent more on things that didn't last as long or work nearly as well! I have never been too impressed by Redken's products in the past, but a huge thank you to the Ulta salesperson who recommended this!!

on 5/12/2014 2:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this stuff! Now I know that the package says that it's for dense, unruly hair (or something along those lines) which I definitely do not have. In fact I have pretty fine hair, but I do have a lot of it. But it's also very dry, due to the fact that I flat iron my hair everyday... and have it colored every 5-6 weeks or so.

I use this treatment maybe once or twice a week (I only shampoo my hair mayyyybe 3 or 4 times a week, depends on what i'm doing and how oily my hair gets). Either way, I shampoo my hair first with my Pureology Hydrate, and then I squeeze out all the excess water, take a scoop of this out of the tub and start rubbing it through my ends first. Usually i'll just leave it on throughout the duration of my shower, so maybe 5-10 minutes or so. Not that long. I still find as soon as I rinse this out, my hair feels AH-MAZING. So soft and tangle free! I do still use my regular conditioner after this too.

Once I get out of the shower I put in my usual products (fast food leave on and bb cream from AG) and I never ever blow dry my hair so I just let it air dry. The next day my hair is so soft and silky and shiny. I just can't stop touching it. It's a little pricey here, about $28, but worth every penny, i've had my tub for about six months. I'm only just starting to get to the bottom of the container now. Definitely will repurchase!

REAL CONTROL? ........LOL. more like out of control.
I am ALWAYS careful when it comes to not using too much of a hair mask. I make sure I am not using too much. I used the same amount when I tried this out as when I use my other hair masks (My 2 favorites) which are Redken Curvaceous and Macadamia Natural Oil hair mask. I do not understand what the deal was with this...BUT I SPENT A HALF HOUR OR MORE TRYING TO RINSE THIS OUT IN THE SHOWER. OMFG. I have color treated hair two shades darker than my natural, and that probably washed away a lot of the color ;/ This stuff made my hair feel sticky and hard WHILE rinsing it out. The other 2 hair masks I use make my hair feel silky while rinsing them out. This was HARD to wash out. Afterwards, my hair was super easy to brush and soft....but the day after that it is just weighed down. hated this product and returned it immediately

on 6/27/2012 8:54:00 PM

I bought this product, All Soft shampoo and conditioner, and Cleansing Cream shampoo. I used the Cleansing Cream and it really dried out my hair. Decided to go ahead and use this moisturizing mask. It worked really well! My hair gets really dry and tangled and this seemed to really help. The two problems are the packaging and price. I believe it was about $16. Not too bad, but still quite pricey. Also, the container is hard to open when your hands are wet and it's kinda bulky so it's hard to find a place to put it down while you're using it. I still like it though and will re-buy!

they have recentaly refourmalated this and its not as good. its much thicker and heaiver now. the older lighter fourmila was great for mine hair thats long natural dark blond and healthy for the most part. the new one just weighs it down and has no slip at all. i prefer the cheaper aussie deeeep.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is awesome ! It leaves your hair like silk ! love it

on 4/18/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i have medium curly hair that i wear wavy/straight and this is the only conditioner that tames my hair WITHOUT leaving residue i love it HG product for me(: ive gone thru 3 of them so far and im not going back

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have to say that this product does what it promises. I have long coarse, hair and very dry hair, and this does make my hair silky smooth. My hair never tangles but this does make it more slippery. I find it a bit hard to rinse out though. I like putting on the masque and let it sit overnight, and then rinse out without actually taking a shower in the morning. I'd like to use cool water, but I must use warm water with this treatment.

It also apperas that the effect lasts a couple of washes, which is very good. My hair feels stronger, longer, than with any other mask. The reason I don't give this a full five points is because it is so hard to rinse out. The butter treat or heavy cream are also very good, and a lot easier to rinse out. However, I'm pretty sure I'll buy this again, as it is a very good product.

on 2/7/2011 10:38:00 PM

This is a fantastic deep conditioner! Every time I use this my hair feels soft and manageable. It also doesn't leave build-up and helps prime the hair for a smooth blow-out. I use this once a week and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, definitely one of the best nourishing conditioners out there!