Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

4.1

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

REAL CONTROL? ........LOL. more like out of control.
I am ALWAYS careful when it comes to not using too much of a hair mask. I make sure I am not using too much. I used the same amount when I tried this out as when I use my other hair masks (My 2 favorites) which are Redken Curvaceous and Macadamia Natural Oil hair mask. I do not understand what the deal was with this...BUT I SPENT A HALF HOUR OR MORE TRYING TO RINSE THIS OUT IN THE SHOWER. OMFG. I have color treated hair two shades darker than my natural, and that probably washed away a lot of the color ;/ This stuff made my hair feel sticky and hard WHILE rinsing it out. The other 2 hair masks I use make my hair feel silky while rinsing them out. This was HARD to wash out. Afterwards, my hair was super easy to brush and soft....but the day after that it is just weighed down. hated this product and returned it immediately

on 7/15/2011 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm glad to see other Ladies having great results with this product. But it just goes to show what works for one, will not always for another because I like a few other ladies who have commented before did not receive even sub par results with this conditioner. I am learning through expensive$$ mistakes you cannot base too much off what another person thinks. This product as much as I wanted it to work, at first in my wet hair felt as though it had softened and smoothed down my hairs but when i rinsed the conditioner out and air dryed my hair became very frizzy dull and ever so slightly dry. Far from impressed, I purchased this from Ulta yesterday evening and will be returning it promptly this afternoon. Not good at all did the exact opposite of what I needed/expected it to do and the frizz & dryness bonus was a parting gift.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Although I'm not crazy about Redken I bought it when the collection JUST came out and since I have thick, damaged, frizzy hair, wanted to buy this to see if it made a difference. I thought I'd like it but.. I HATED this product! It did nothing for my hair and it gave it a weird, stiff, dry feeling afterwards.

I decided to keep trying to use it, and still no good results. There's not as much in the little container as there should be for the price and I ended up using the last bit of it as a shaving cream for my legs. Left my legs slightly more moisterized, if that helps anyone :P

Definitely wouldn't buy this again- I'm sticking with my Aussie 3 minute miracle or Organix Coconut reconstructor. And for less than half the price!

on 5/13/2014 1:31:00 PM

My hair is fried: dyed, bleached, dyed again and highlighted in the last 6 months. I have short hair so they get a trim fairly often but even then, they need special care. After reading the reviews i decided to go for this mask. I left it on for about an hour, rinsed and let my hair dry. Honestly, i don't see much difference.....My hair is slightly softer but nothing miraculous. I am disappointed, i was kind of expecting something a bit more dramatic. I get the same result with a drugstore mask....too bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is hatable !

Firstly, the container is annoying to use, much prefer the tube. The product itself is disgusting! its very thick, sickly smelling like a toilet product! My hair is naturally sleek, very long but this made it feel dry and course. So expensive, felt like i was ripped off....could of bought a decent lunch with that money ha ha ha ;)

on 5/3/2010 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Packaging - really convenient since you can control exactly how much you want to use and scoop out til the very last drop.

Smell - very good, not overpowering.The Redken smooth down shampoo & conditioner burns my nose and makes me sneeze, so this was a nice surprise.

Effectiveness - this is where this product seriously lacks. I saw it had so many good reviews, so I decided to try it out. It's weird that this product claims to tame frizzy hair - my hair isn't frizzy to begin with, and this product actually made my hair frizzy!!! (btw: I'm using it because my hair is very weak from excessive bleaching) Can't say I've ever experienced that with a conditioner....It doesn't weigh my hair down (so far), but it also doesn't detangle or make it much softer/smoother. Big thumbs down on this one!

My recommendation: Sebastian Penetraitt Masque (it is a hassle since the product is heat activated and you have to blow dry your hair for about 10 minutes, but it gives AMAZING results!)

I had high hopes on this product. I have been quite satisfied to use the Redken Smooth Down Butter treatment for a couple of years, and thought it would be a fantastic idea to try this one.

First, my hair is quite long, Caucasian fine/medium texture, and straight. I also have unprocessed hair, something not so common these days.

The result of this mask was a soft but frizzy, lacklustre texture with just a hint of shine. Actually, the shine was similar to my hair without any conditioners, thus it actually did not enhance any shine-factors for me (neither did it dull my hair).

My hair is quite boring, however, I know a product is quite uneffective when people around you suddenly comment on the lack of volume and extra frizz, which happened when I used this mask. What a strange combination, frizz and a lack of volume...I do not know how this mask did this!!! Wow, that makes it an expensive and utterly craptastic product for me!

Overall, I would not even rebuy this product if it was given to me for free.

on 1/12/2009 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very thick, dry, dense, chemically straightened, hair and this line sounded tailor made for me. I hoped my quest for a product to condition, smooth and de-voluminize would end here, but was disappointed. Tried the shampoo, conditioner and creme. Hair was no less voluminous, nor smoothed, and even though it felt greasy it wasn't truly moisturized either. Didn't make styling any easier, or give a good final result. Definitely won't buy (or even use) again.

on 9/26/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This did absolutely nothing for me. Just sits on the hair. Save your money and go get some Paul Mitchell Supercharged, Kenra Moisturizing conditioner, Joico moisture recovery balm, or mop conditioner. Wouldn't take it from some one if it was free.

on 11/16/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Real control is supposedly Redkens heavy duty moisture line but I actually think All Soft works better. I have very dry hair and I feel that this mask add moisture but not much change in the areas I need, mostly the ends of course. I'm giving it three stars because although it misses it's points on moisture it gives a gorgeous shine.