Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

Filtered by age: 19-24
Redken Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask

3.9

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, PEG 180, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax), Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth 6, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Linalool, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Limonene, Octadecanediol, Citronellol, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never ever do I buy products from salons specifically because they're outrageously priced (this tub cost me 45$) but I was kind of bullied into it by one of the salon staff. Long story.
Anyways, at the time my hair was pretty dark with highlights and I'd done it all myself thus it was pretty dry and fried at the ends. She told me that it would help me grow my hair out thus I obliged.

Well when I first used it I hated it. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the circumstances of where I got it being fresh in my mind? Dunno.

But fast forward 2 years and my hair is way more f'ed up than it was then after being bleached and dyed and stripped and I'd done protein treatments but needed some intense moisture and TLC. So I found this tub and gave it a go.

I literally used far more than a normal sane person would've espesh with shoulder length hair like mine but my ends were so crunchy I just couldn't resist. I left it on for 15 minutes and rinse with COLD water.

Now, blow drying my hair (when it usually gets the most crunch going on) my hair is so freakin soft. Like, what happened?!? Not to mention it's shiny! AND the once-gummy pieces are acting like part of the group now, no breakage or frizz. Granted, I can still see the damage but I'd say it's been reduced in half by touch alone.

I can see how some might find this product greasy or bad in excess because it's so thick and rich but my hair is desperate and so it just gobbled it all up.
I would prob use this once a week from now on as I'm trying to limit how often I wash my hair (2x a week...eek) and for those not happy with the results, try JUST TRY rinsing your hair with cold water. I know, it's painful but for the sake of hair!

Idk. I wouldn't buy again for that price as I've seen it cheaper but I'd say its 5/5 in performance.

oh and I should probably mention I used Biotera Long and Healthy Triple Leave-In on my lengths and Its a 10 leave- in conditioner on top of that. BUT, even so, no conditioner married with those two has left me results like this.

on 1/15/2015 10:28:00 PM

Love Love Love this stuff! I am currently in the process of growing out my hair after a trip to a bad (and outrageously overpriced) hairdresser turned my subtle highlights into a yellow-blonde, brittle, mess. My hair was in such bad condition that I dreaded washing it as it was a nightmare to comb and was breaking off by the clump. My new (fabulous) hairdresser recommended this to me about a year ago and I am really impressed with the quality of my hair now. I'm not going to lie and say it repaired my damaged-beyond-repair tresses because it's not a miracle worker, but it prevented more damage from occurring while I endured the slow process of growing my hair and having the damaged ends trimmed off (wasn't game to go for the dramatic chop that my hairdresser originally suggested). It has made my hair soft, manageable, and best of all easy to comb (there's barely a strand in my comb when I am done). Highly recommend. My only bugbear is the tub -- a tube would be much more manageable in the shower.

on 5/12/2014 2:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this stuff! Now I know that the package says that it's for dense, unruly hair (or something along those lines) which I definitely do not have. In fact I have pretty fine hair, but I do have a lot of it. But it's also very dry, due to the fact that I flat iron my hair everyday... and have it colored every 5-6 weeks or so.

I use this treatment maybe once or twice a week (I only shampoo my hair mayyyybe 3 or 4 times a week, depends on what i'm doing and how oily my hair gets). Either way, I shampoo my hair first with my Pureology Hydrate, and then I squeeze out all the excess water, take a scoop of this out of the tub and start rubbing it through my ends first. Usually i'll just leave it on throughout the duration of my shower, so maybe 5-10 minutes or so. Not that long. I still find as soon as I rinse this out, my hair feels AH-MAZING. So soft and tangle free! I do still use my regular conditioner after this too.

Once I get out of the shower I put in my usual products (fast food leave on and bb cream from AG) and I never ever blow dry my hair so I just let it air dry. The next day my hair is so soft and silky and shiny. I just can't stop touching it. It's a little pricey here, about $28, but worth every penny, i've had my tub for about six months. I'm only just starting to get to the bottom of the container now. Definitely will repurchase!

REAL CONTROL? ........LOL. more like out of control.
I am ALWAYS careful when it comes to not using too much of a hair mask. I make sure I am not using too much. I used the same amount when I tried this out as when I use my other hair masks (My 2 favorites) which are Redken Curvaceous and Macadamia Natural Oil hair mask. I do not understand what the deal was with this...BUT I SPENT A HALF HOUR OR MORE TRYING TO RINSE THIS OUT IN THE SHOWER. OMFG. I have color treated hair two shades darker than my natural, and that probably washed away a lot of the color ;/ This stuff made my hair feel sticky and hard WHILE rinsing it out. The other 2 hair masks I use make my hair feel silky while rinsing them out. This was HARD to wash out. Afterwards, my hair was super easy to brush and soft....but the day after that it is just weighed down. hated this product and returned it immediately

on 6/27/2012 8:54:00 PM

I bought this product, All Soft shampoo and conditioner, and Cleansing Cream shampoo. I used the Cleansing Cream and it really dried out my hair. Decided to go ahead and use this moisturizing mask. It worked really well! My hair gets really dry and tangled and this seemed to really help. The two problems are the packaging and price. I believe it was about $16. Not too bad, but still quite pricey. Also, the container is hard to open when your hands are wet and it's kinda bulky so it's hard to find a place to put it down while you're using it. I still like it though and will re-buy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is hatable !

Firstly, the container is annoying to use, much prefer the tube. The product itself is disgusting! its very thick, sickly smelling like a toilet product! My hair is naturally sleek, very long but this made it feel dry and course. So expensive, felt like i was ripped off....could of bought a decent lunch with that money ha ha ha ;)

they have recentaly refourmalated this and its not as good. its much thicker and heaiver now. the older lighter fourmila was great for mine hair thats long natural dark blond and healthy for the most part. the new one just weighs it down and has no slip at all. i prefer the cheaper aussie deeeep.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is awesome ! It leaves your hair like silk ! love it

on 4/18/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i have medium curly hair that i wear wavy/straight and this is the only conditioner that tames my hair WITHOUT leaving residue i love it HG product for me(: ive gone thru 3 of them so far and im not going back

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I have to say that this product does what it promises. I have long coarse, hair and very dry hair, and this does make my hair silky smooth. My hair never tangles but this does make it more slippery. I find it a bit hard to rinse out though. I like putting on the masque and let it sit overnight, and then rinse out without actually taking a shower in the morning. I'd like to use cool water, but I must use warm water with this treatment.

It also apperas that the effect lasts a couple of washes, which is very good. My hair feels stronger, longer, than with any other mask. The reason I don't give this a full five points is because it is so hard to rinse out. The butter treat or heavy cream are also very good, and a lot easier to rinse out. However, I'm pretty sure I'll buy this again, as it is a very good product.