Lancôme La Base Pro

Lancôme La Base Pro

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely loved this primer!!! I use a lot of Lancôme products and I love them! I use to never wear primers and I kept seeing how mau always would say how important they are so I wanted to get a good one, but it was hard to choose seeing as theres so many face primers out there lol so I asked my girlfriend who is a excellent mua and she recommended me this one and I love love love it, I have very dry skin so it definitely helps with that. it is pretty pricey so when it's a casual day I'll use my revlon primer, but when I'm working or going out definitely use my Lancôme

on 11/27/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have very oily skin, and I used this primer after my Clarins Hyrda-Matte moisturiser, under Lancome Teint Miracle foundation. It kept me fairly matte for about three hours before I needed a touch-up of powder, and it was a little on the pricey side for just 25ml, but I am willing to give it four lipsticks simply for the texture! I cannot even begin to describe the feel of this! It is silky smooth and feels like air. It's like rubbing satin on your skin! It did not leave my skin chalky or dry-looking, as it is translucent, but my face felt pore less and soft. My foundation and concealer went on smoothly. I would recommend buying a sample of this just to feel the incredible texture. I would repurchase just for how nice it feels on my skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product was ok. I'm not totally sold on it. I like it better for spot priming and not my entire face. Feels good on, but doesn't do anything special for my skin. Good but not amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I lucked out not using too many primers and wasting too much money before I found La Base. I have normal skin (with breakouts every now and then) and a very dry t-zone. I have not ever once broken out from this - and for those of you who have, I suggest putting on a good moisturizer first. This is not a product used for hydration/acne/etc. This is really just a primer and I only use it as such.

I love that although it feels thick in my hands, but it smooths out on skin evenly. I actually use a sponge to apply it (I'm not sure why I love this method - it's probably wrong but it works for me). Some people prefer a pearled finish to their primer - but that normally leaves me looking greasy so I do like that this is clear.

A primer, to me, is the base of a mask. I want it to help set the foundation for my skin, leaving it smooth and ready for my war paint. Lancome is the only primer so far that does this without costing a million dollars (the bottle will last!) and giving me the result I needed.

on 2/15/2013 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this at Sephora a long time ago and remember loving it! So I recently bought a bottle with lancome's gwp. It feels so light and the texture is so smooth on the skin, different from the feel of most primers I've tried. Never feels thick or mask-like, but delivers very well. Try it for yourself. This is definitely a favorite!

on 6/3/2012 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes it was expensive, but lasts quite a while. 1 pump of this primer is more than enough for the face. It does leave the surface of the face amazingly smooth. Short term, it's brilliant for applying and keeping the make-up on for an extended period of time; Long term, not so good for the skin as the silicone base only smooths the face by filling up uneven bits on the face, in turn slowly suffocating it.

I only ever wear full makeup when I go out or a presentation or to do, so this base works fine, but I probably wouldn't use it on a daily basis simply because of how artificial it feels, and the thought of my poor skin being suffocated every time I use this as a primer puts it off a bit.

Also, this pump applicator isn't so great either, when it runs low it pump just gives up, but I unscrewed the whole thing and scooped the rest out and there was A LOT left on the inside, it filled 1 TheBodyShop sample pot, which probably is another 15 pumps, possibly a 4 worth of product in it. For those of you who chuck the bottle in the bin when the pump stops pumping you're probably chucking away a good proportion of your money, spend 5minutes and scoop the rest into a little pot..

It is a good primer in a sense it does it job well, but am not sure if I will buy it again as it is 1) pricey and 2) personally I feel it prevents my skin from breathing each time I use it

on 5/2/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I use this alone to soak up oil and of course before foundation and it leaves my skin very smooth and silky. The only thing is that when u get low on this product, the gel doesnt come through the pump properly. Other than that, no complaints.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the second primer I have used.
I first tried the Sephora primer and felt it made me turn oily so I figured primer was an unnecessary step I could skip.
I got this as a sample so it came in a small squeeze tube, so I can't comment on the pump bottle.
The product is clear and silky, definitely not oily or sticky. I applied this under my liquid foundation (Clinique Even Better, at the time) and it just glided on so smoothly. My (enlarged) pores were a lot less obvious and my face looked so smooth and airbrushed. And the smooth airbrushed look lasted for a long time - I didn't turn greasy for the entire work day. My face still looked fresh when I got home. I also found I needed to use less liquid foundation, powder and blush. Therefore I can say that it enhanced the performance of my other products.

I tried it again and I found it made me shiny, but I know why. I think I liked the results so much the first time that I used too much. That was probably why I had poor results with the first primer I tried as well. The key with primers (I think) is to use them sparingly - you only need a tiny drop to smooth over your face. You should NOT apply this as you would a moisturizer.

Because of the price I have reserved what's left of my sample for special occasions only. This is not within my price range for a daily-use product. When I do use it, the results are spectacular. However, if you can afford this I highly recommend it and I do believe I will purchase a full size when I finish my sample to use for special occasions and when I really need my makeup to last.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This product is seriously AMAZING.
It is an amazing base for my makeup, held my foundation on all day, and it had my skin looking really beautiful.
It helped to moisturize my skin as well, and had a gorgeous dewey sheen.
However, it's extremely pricey : / and as I'm a student I'm not willing to spend 42 USD on a Primer. Sorry Lancome.

on 5/30/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

at first i wasn't very fond of this primer, i was all about my lisa watier one because it seemed for liquid-y and the small amount dispensed by the pump felt like it wasn't enough. but after a having used it for months now i love it. that little amount actually is enough and the texture makes your skin feel like it doesn't have a thick layer of makeup. but to be honest i don't really see much of a difference between a primed face and a non-primed face except that ur face is less oily looking for a longer time than without one...